Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 12

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-30-2014, 09:20 PM   #3201
NeedChapmans

Get 'em tomorrow boys. A series win on the line ... make it happen and take the momentum to Baltimore.
Ottomatic- "Facts, especially on 99% white Blowout. If I was Blowout I would delete political threads immediately. If an outsider read one they would vomit and then probably try to get the site shut down, it's that bad."
NeedChapmans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:22 PM   #3202
fritzfreddie

At least there is plenty of night left, that was one quick game
Old 07-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #3203
ufcwecfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bes04c9 View Post
Seattle might have the worst offense in the history of Baseball (obviously I bet them tonight)
Possibly the worst coach too.
ufcwecfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:38 PM   #3204
NeedChapmans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcwecfan View Post
Possibly the worst coach too.
Comon now. McClendon has been very good this year ...
Ottomatic- "Facts, especially on 99% white Blowout. If I was Blowout I would delete political threads immediately. If an outsider read one they would vomit and then probably try to get the site shut down, it's that bad."
Old 07-30-2014, 09:40 PM   #3205
jason122883

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
Comon now. McClendon has been very good this year ...
No, you comon now. He's not the worst couch, but he's not very good either
Old 07-30-2014, 09:53 PM   #3206
NeedChapmans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
No, you comon now. He's not the worst couch, but he's not very good either
I'm not sure how you can say that. An offensively challenged team still in the middle of a Wild-Card chase going into August ...

Bull-pen moves this season have been somewhat flawless and while you can question the line-ups he puts out there, he doesn't have anything to work with so that's a moot point to me. Listening to him post game, pre-game; he holds players accountable and isn't afraid to call them out if they screw up.

I'd certainly put him in the top 3 in the AL right now.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:58 PM   #3207
trixstar

Other than the first 30 games of Almonte there's not that much you can fault LMC for
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #3208
fritzfreddie

He's gotten better as the year has gone but early on I thought he was terrible reading when he should take out the starter.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:15 PM   #3209
tajikey

Quote:
I'm not sure how you can say that. An offensively challenged team still in the middle of a Wild-Card chase going into August ...

Bull-pen moves this season have been somewhat flawless and while you can question the line-ups he puts out there, he doesn't have anything to work with so that's a moot point to me. Listening to him post game, pre-game; he holds players accountable and isn't afraid to call them out if they screw up.

I'd certainly put him in the top 3 in the AL right now.
Except, Miller is still a Mariner...should have been a Rainier a long time ago.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:20 PM   #3210
NeedChapmans

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Except, Miller is still a Mariner...should have been a Rainier a long time ago.
Well that's not on him. He benched Miller and played Bloomquist when it was clear Miller was lost. If Jack Z doesn't want to send him to Tacoma, Lloyd has to live with it (and he now plays sparingly).

Miller was the clear winner out of ST and was hot the first couple of weeks (then floundered terribly). Montero / Romero / Miller / Jones / Franklin / Smoak / Almonte / Hart / Morales / Buck / Sucre / Morrison ... almost completely useless and STILL above .500.

That's an entire line-up's worth of terribleness, and still 55 wins.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:28 PM   #3211
kvwjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post
Other than the first 30 games of Almonte there's not that much you can fault LMC for
Yea you cant fault him for Playing almonte, Miller way longer than they should have, you cant fault him for still playing miller with Taylor up you cant fault him for sticking to flawed righty lefty, lefty righty matchups that dont work whenyou have shitty hitters. You cant fault him for having young guys and not letting them play and still running bums out there to do nothing.

The pitching has nothing to do with him and we are only in the race because of the pitching.
kvwjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:32 PM   #3212
kvwjw

Jack Z needs to find a impact bat via trade or we are screwed next year also the FA market for bats is horrible next year its all pitchers. I would throw the farm at a trade for Stanton if marlins could be blown away or someone who can hit because if not same boat next year. We can always buy pitching we seem to have not much problem getting pitchers. Batters is another story.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:35 PM   #3213
NeedChapmans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvwjw View Post
Yea you cant fault him for Playing almonte, Miller way longer than they should have, you cant fault him for still playing miller with Taylor up you cant fault him for sticking to flawed righty lefty, lefty righty matchups that dont work whenyou have shitty hitters. You cant fault him for having young guys and not letting them play and still running bums out there to do nothing.

The pitching has nothing to do with him and we are only in the race because of the pitching.
Almonte was the only CF he had on the roster. Brad Miller has had 5 AB's since Taylor was called up; he needs to play every so often to stay fresh if needed.

The roster is comprised of all lefties, what would you have him do? His bench tonight was Corey Hart, Stefen Romero, Chris Taylor and Jesus Sucre. What imaginary line-up card do you suggest he puts together against a right handed power pitcher? You want Romero and his .240 OBP in there instead of who?

He has absolutely nothing to work with on offense. Seager has carried this team for X games, Cano and Ackley for Y and Zunino for Z.

And it's a little bit of madness to suggest the manager has nothing to do with the pitching. If Seattle gets the second WC spot, McClendon is AL manager of the year.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #3214
trixstar

Here's how the M's have done in July.

trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:47 PM   #3215
kvwjw

Quote:
Almonte was the only CF he had on the roster. Brad Miller has had 5 AB's since Taylor was called up; he needs to play every so often to stay fresh if needed.

The roster is comprised of all lefties, what would you have him do? His bench tonight was Corey Hart, Stefen Romero, Chris Taylor and Jesus Sucre. What imaginary line-up card do you suggest he puts together against a right handed power pitcher? You want Romero and his .240 OBP in there instead of who?

He has absolutely nothing to work with on offense. Seager has carried this team for X games, Cano and Ackley for Y and Zunino for Z.

And it's a little bit of madness to suggest the manager has nothing to do with the pitching. If Seattle gets the second WC spot, McClendon is AL manager of the year.
Really does Lloyd rub down Felix, Kuma, young, Elias before starts with special Lloyd sauce. Does he do the same before a reliever comes in?

Earlier in the year before he shattered their confidence he could have let ROmero have a regular start than once a week when a Lefty was pitching was it so important to have Lomo in left because he was so good that that Lefty righty matchup had to take place gtfo. If the Lefty is a scrub it the matchup doesnt matter. Not saying Romero would have done better but atleast give people a chance.

Now Taylor is up and Miller has started 3 games since Taylor has come up, um what exactly does Miller need to stay fresh for to suck? He doesnt need to be fresh for that. Dont bring young guys up if your gonna bury them to once maybe two starts a week, let them develop and keep getting at bats not every damn spot needs to be platooned for the love of pete. Guys a tool
Old 07-30-2014, 10:47 PM   #3216
kvwjw

Oh yea and shuffling and pushing back felix starts really worked out reall well ya hes manager of the year
Old 07-30-2014, 10:53 PM   #3217
kvwjw

We may as well make Kuma available and try to get Joc from LAD since we arent gonna make the playoffs next year either because the FA market sucks

Left Fielders

Melky Cabrera (30)
Chris Denorfia (34)
Jonny Gomes (34)
Tony Gwynn Jr. (32)
Scott Hairston (35)
Reed Johnson (38)
Ryan Ludwick (36) $9MM mutual option with a $4.5MM buyout
Darnell McDonald (35)
Mike Morse (33)
Alfonso Soriano (39)
Vernon Wells (36)
Josh Willingham (36)
Delmon Young (29)

Center Fielders

Emilio Bonifacio (30)
Franklin Gutierrez (32)
Colby Rasmus (28)
Grady Sizemore (32)
Denard Span (31) $9MM club option with a $500K buyout
Chris Young (31)

Right Fielders

Norichika Aoki (33)
Tyler Colvin (29)
Nelson Cruz (34)
Michael Cuddyer (36)
Chris Denorfia (34)
Jeff Francoeur (31)
Scott Hairston (35)
Torii Hunter (39)
Nick Markakis (31) $17.5MM mutual option with a $2MM buyout
Alex Rios (34) $13.5MM club option with a $1MM buyout
Nate Schierholtz (31)
Ichiro Suzuki (41)
Old 07-30-2014, 11:00 PM   #3218
NeedChapmans

Quote:
Oh yea and shuffling and pushing back felix starts really worked out reall well ya hes manager of the year
How can you argue with how he's set the rotation this year? Keeping Felix and Kuma on regular and long rest seems to be working out pretty damn well if you ask me.

Hate McClendon if you want, he's doing a very good job as manager. You watch what a guy like Matheny, Price, Yost have done with their much more talented rosters and the boneheaded decisions they make night in and night out and you appreciated just how good McClendon has been.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #3219
NeedChapmans

Quote:
We may as well make Kuma available and try to get Joc from LAD since we arent gonna make the playoffs next year either because the FA market sucks
You should be a Mets or Braves fan. Two extremely negative threads on this forum for those two clubs. Metsplaya and D2R would be right up your alley ...
Old 07-30-2014, 11:04 PM   #3220
kvwjw

Quote:
How can you argue with how he's set the rotation this year? Keeping Felix and Kuma on regular and long rest seems to be working out pretty damn well if you ask me.

Hate McClendon if you want, he's doing a very good job as manager. You watch what a guy like Matheny, Price, Yost have done with their much more talented rosters and the boneheaded decisions they make night in and night out and you appreciated just how good McClendon has been.
IM not saying hes horrible but top 3 common now??????
Old 07-30-2014, 11:06 PM   #3221
kvwjw

Quote:
You should be a Mets or Braves fan. Two extremely negative threads on this forum for those two clubs. Metsplaya and D2R would be right up your alley ...
I mean can you argue where is the offense gonna come from, we cant make enough trades before the deadline to fix this offense. We need LF, CF, RF,1B, DH and maybe still SS. How can anyone fix that with the lack of available players worth trading for. ANd the FA market next year is very slim so what is gonna change next year to help the situation. I would hate to be the GM of the mariners right now wtf do you do in this situation.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:07 PM   #3222
NeedChapmans

Quote:
IM not saying hes horrible but top 3 common now??????
I can't think of three better in the AL.

Melvin / Showalter / McClendon. Hard to find anyone to break that trio.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:09 PM   #3223
kvwjw

Quote:
Im not ussualy negative but after looking at what is available in FA this offseason i dont see a end to our offensive woes. Im just kinda exhausted with my teams they have all lost for a very long time. M's, Twolves, Chiefs and Illini

Illini have been the most consistantly competitive it gets frustrating and im loyal to a fault so no bangwagon crap from me. But man im exhausted with losing
Old 07-30-2014, 11:11 PM   #3224
NeedChapmans

Quote:
I mean can you argue where is the offense gonna come from, we cant make enough trades before the deadline to fix this offense. We need LF, CF, RF,1B, DH and maybe still SS. How can anyone fix that with the lack of available players worth trading for. ANd the FA market next year is very slim so what is gonna change next year to help the situation. I would hate to be the GM of the mariners right now wtf do you do in this situation.
No team is without flaw, and the Mariners need two things and two things only.

A starter to take the place of Elias as his innings run out, and a RH bat. Add those two things, and this team goes to the front of the line in the WC race.

Sure, they would benefit from an upgrade elsewhere, but Saunders in RF is OK, Ackley in LF is OK and Taylor at SS might just be OK. The schedule is pretty easy the rest of the way outside of Oakland and LAA (which the Mariners play have a good record against anyway), so it's not the doomsday you would portray.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #3225
kvwjw

Quote:
No team is without flaw, and the Mariners need two things and two things only.

A starter to take the place of Elias as his innings run out, and a RH bat. Add those two things, and this team goes to the front of the line in the WC race.

Sure, they would benefit from an upgrade elsewhere, but Saunders in RF is OK, Ackley in LF is OK and Taylor at SS might just be OK. The schedule is pretty easy the rest of the way outside of Oakland and LAA (which the Mariners play have a good record against anyway), so it's not the doomsday you would portray.
lol ACkley ok? How can you say that. Saunders he gets hurt all the time, a pitcher and a bat fix the M's im sorry but thats crazy this team gets shut out and kept at 2 runs or less on the reg no way one RH bat fixes that.

PLus we have 2 in house options to replace Elias who has been spuratic anyways, Erasmo or Walker can easily replace him.