Blowout Cards Forums
2018 mem day coupons

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2014, 11:43 PM   #51
ufcwecfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
Once a case is opened Ebay puts a hold on the money.
Yes, this is why.
ufcwecfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:44 PM   #52
ufcwecfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
Add me too please.

Another guy I had multiple deals with, coming at me. Unreal. Yep added!
ufcwecfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:54 PM   #53
WCTYSON
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcwecfan View Post
Another guy I had multiple deals with, coming at me. Unreal. Yep added!
You sure about that? If so, I never got feedback or left feedback. Does not sound like me but thank you for being accommodating.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:56 PM   #54
death2redemptions
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Creeping in mama's cellar
Posts: 59,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
Once a case is opened Ebay puts a hold on the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcwecfan View Post
Yes, this is why.
But they won't receive the money until you receive your phone back right?
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:01 AM   #55
ufcwecfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
But they won't receive the money until you receive your phone back right?
This is true, but right now, my pp account Is -11 because of this crap and no iPod. This is why the thread = I hate EBay! When all the buyer had to do was message me! Like I said, I have no idea how to unlock or reset an iPod!
ufcwecfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:12 AM   #56
death2redemptions
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Creeping in mama's cellar
Posts: 59,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcwecfan View Post
This is true, but right now, my pp account Is -11 because of this crap and no iPod. This is why the thread = I hate EBay! When all the buyer had to do was message me! Like I said, I have no idea how to unlock or reset an iPod!
Well I don't agree with how E-Bay holds onto your funds because what is stopping them from sending you an empty package? Would they still immediately transfer the funds back to him once it shows you have received the package, regardless of what he sent back?

I don't mean to worry you. I have no reason to think he will do this. It's just that I've only had to do two refunds in last five or so years and I don't remember them holding onto my funds and if they did I admit I'd be a little worried to.
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:14 AM   #57
cruiserdaddy7
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcwecfan View Post
This is true, but right now, my pp account Is -11 because of this crap and no iPod. This is why the thread = I hate EBay! When all the buyer had to do was message me! Like I said, I have no idea how to unlock or reset an iPod!
They way ebay is setup now leads buyers into making a dispute. I went to email a guy today about not receiving something 11 days after I paid. I clicked the option of "I haven't received my item yet" and it wanted me to file a claim. I just wanted to contact him before having the guy get a defect in his account. To the not so savvy ebay user they may just file the dispute instead.
__________________
Show me your friends and I'll show you your future.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:22 AM   #58
WCTYSON
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
No.....they get vaccinated and morph into the evil ones but they are obviously not Mexican Minions.
I am almost afraid to ask but................what?

WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:25 AM   #59
ufcwecfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,253
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Well I don't agree with how E-Bay holds onto your funds because what is stopping them from sending you an empty package? Would they still immediately transfer the funds back to him once it shows you have received the package, regardless of what he sent back?

I don't mean to worry you. I have no reason to think he will do this. It's just that I've only had to do two refunds in last five or so years and I don't remember them holding onto my funds and if they did I admit I'd be a little worried to.
This is what I'm saying, my wife said the same thing about the empty box or a diff iPod model sent back. It's terrible, an I got these guys on here ripping into me for a little cursing cuz I'm mad! It says this section lets you say more things, I vent and have these guys crappin on me.
ufcwecfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:26 AM   #60
raydawg24
Member
 
raydawg24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,806
Default

Sorry op. EDIT
__________________
You can catch flies with honey, but you can catch more honeys being fly
PC- Packers and Blackhawks

Last edited by raydawg24; 08-03-2014 at 12:28 AM.
raydawg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:37 AM   #61
cruiserdaddy7
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
I am almost afraid to ask but................what?

Remember the crazy ones that turned purple when they were injected?
__________________
Show me your friends and I'll show you your future.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:41 AM   #62
WCTYSON
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Remember the crazy ones that turned purple when they were injected?
Did your wife tell you that is what happens with vaccinations and immunizations?
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:45 AM   #63
cruiserdaddy7
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
Did your wife tell you that is what happens with vaccinations and immunizations?
We were talking about Despicable Me 2.

I believe we should all be vaccinated but that's for another battle.
__________________
Show me your friends and I'll show you your future.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:54 AM   #64
WCTYSON
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
We were talking about Despicable Me 2.

I believe we should all be vaccinated but that's for another battle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
No.....they get vaccinated and morph into the evil ones but they are obviously not Mexican Minions.
Right, you were talking about the movie. Got it.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:02 AM   #65
nastynice
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
They way ebay is setup now leads buyers into making a dispute. I went to email a guy today about not receiving something 11 days after I paid. I clicked the option of "I haven't received my item yet" and it wanted me to file a claim. I just wanted to contact him before having the guy get a defect in his account. To the not so savvy ebay user they may just file the dispute instead.
Yea, I'm pretty sure I did this to sellers when I wasn't too familiar with ebay.

Thank god they were just normal about it, I assume it never occurred to be an issue with them since I asked them a legitimate question, and they gave legitimate answer and case closed. simple enough.

If the op was buggin out on the buyer like he has been in the thread, I can probably see why they are wondering what the hell is going on...it'd a probably thrown me off guard too
nastynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:05 AM   #66
Gibberish
Member
 
Gibberish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 8,006
Default

Quote:
Funny thing is, half of you guys I have had multiple deals with. You guys know I'm a good trader/person!
Irrelevant to being wrong and you are.

Quote:
New member for my ignore list, congrats! It takes a lot to go there! You made it! Great job!
Evidently having an opinion on a racist view is enough. Doesn't take much at all, just call you out on it...see,simple


Quote:
This is true, but right now, my pp account Is -11 because of this crap and no iPod.
This is because you have have no idea what you are doing. Spending money from a deal that is not done is silly and not terribly bright. If you had money you would not be in the neg, would you ? It is ok if you are poor or have limited funds, but you sell then spend ? Not bright at all. I would say that will catch up with you,but it clearly has.
__________________
I Collect Marbles,Amazing Spider-man comics and tears! Mr. Sensitivity at your service
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:24 AM   #67
shrevecity
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 12,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcwecfan View Post
This is true, but right now, my pp account Is -11 because of this crap and no iPod. This is why the thread = I hate EBay! When all the buyer had to do was message me! Like I said, I have no idea how to unlock or reset an iPod!
Ebay is set up so that if a buyer contacts the seller and does not use the OTHER reason it will automatically open a claim. The worst part is now even having a case opened against you will count the same as a neg, neutral or a low DSR in Ebays status calculations. If your defects are at 5% or more going to March come august 20th Ebay may send you a pink slip saying you are no longer allowed to sell. The OPs feedback and DSRs indicate they might be close.

eBay Tricks Buyer Into Opening a Claim Against a Seller
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:32 AM   #68
shrevecity
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 12,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Well I don't agree with how E-Bay holds onto your funds because what is stopping them from sending you an empty package? Would they still immediately transfer the funds back to him once it shows you have received the package, regardless of what he sent back?

I don't mean to worry you. I have no reason to think he will do this. It's just that I've only had to do two refunds in last five or so years and I don't remember them holding onto my funds and if they did I admit I'd be a little worried to.
They have automatically held them for as long as I can remember. The empty box problem is one that has always been a problem on Ebay. Its a retail problem for that matter. How many times have you heard of blaster boxes being resealed? I bought a computer once from Wal-Mart once that had been opened and an old computer put in and resealed perfectly. That was fun trying to get my money back on that one. Its just a risk of selling anything

If you get the wrong item back you need to immediately call Ebay, state your case and they might issue a a refund to both parties our of their pocket.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #69
Cactuspies
Member
 
Cactuspies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: meepos
Posts: 8,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
Ebay is set up so that if a buyer contacts the seller and does not use the OTHER reason it will automatically open a claim. The worst part is now even having a case opened against you will count the same as a neg, neutral or a low DSR in Ebays status calculations. If your defects are at 5% or more going to March come august 20th Ebay may send you a pink slip saying you are no longer allowed to sell. The OPs feedback and DSRs indicate they might be close.

eBay Tricks Buyer Into Opening a Claim Against a Seller
happened to me when I wanted to thank a seller before the card got delivered. I didn't see it was a case until I went back to "My Ebay" page/link. I felt horrible.

I now know to use OTHER for contact. As a seller, I've been lucky so far.

OP shows the extact transition of someone wanting to go from a member here to suspended to banned.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/o...e-banning.html
__________________
SUPPORT #BostonStrong The One Fund & Parkinson's Research
http://sportlots.com/dealers/?dealer=AzPats10
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Patriots 5 time Champs
catching up to johnmabry47: 62 members on ignore
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #70
glen87
Member
 
glen87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VERMONT
Posts: 35,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcwecfan View Post
This is true, but right now, my pp account Is -11 because of this crap and no iPod. This is why the thread = I hate EBay! When all the buyer had to do was message me! Like I said, I have no idea how to unlock or reset an iPod!
why would ANYONE sell an iwhatever (pod, pad, phone) without restting it???

what if your daughter had personal information on there, now who knows who will end up with that information
__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
collecting James Madison University players of all sports
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:29 AM   #71
BostonNut
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 32,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
I'm quiet surprised AV4MVP hasn't come in to defend OP, he may be a little busy at the moment editing his previous comments.
Bahahaha.....yes.
__________________
WHO KNEW A HASHTAG COULD BE A TRIGGER?
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:42 PM   #72
chezball
Member
 
chezball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Beatoff USA
Posts: 14,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post
why would ANYONE sell an iwhatever (pod, pad, phone) without restting it???

what if your daughter had personal information on there, now who knows who will end up with that information
I know nothing about i phones, except selling them on ebay always seems to be trouble. I knew this was going to go bad as soon as I saw iphone in the first sentence.
__________________
I'M A FREE THINKING AMERICAN
I'M NOT A KNEELER OR A NETTER DEAL WITH IT
Your ignore list might say more about you than the members on it.
keep your mouth shut beatoff/TDRavens
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #73
MI Rob
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,248
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
I know nothing about i phones, except selling them on ebay always seems to be trouble. I knew this was going to go bad as soon as I saw iphone in the first sentence.
Where does it say iphone in the first sentence
MI Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:04 PM   #74
ssbledsoe
Member
 
ssbledsoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 24,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Quoted before the suspension
Winner winner OP Suspended dinner.
__________________
Vote #BledsoesNuts

Drew Bledsoe is a better QB than your favorite QB
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:10 PM   #75
90sbaseballfan
Member
 
90sbaseballfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ATX/RR/Arlington
Posts: 7,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
Where does it say iphone in the first sentence
I was wondering the same thing.
90sbaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.