Blowout Cards Forums
2018 community chest

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old Today, 12:50 PM   #4326
stevetapat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
The pricing and selection are not consistent with Burbank in my opinion. I am honestly so intrigued by them. I have a pretty good feel for what Joel is up to, and all the other monster sellers have a pretty logical game plan.... R&J operates in a whole different way, and I can not put rhyme nor reason to it
Now I'm intrigued what do you think Joel is up to (other than declining fair offers and trying to sell $1 cards for $49)?
stevetapat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:16 PM   #4327
RogerGodahell

COMC noob here. I just submitted over 5000 cards. Now it's time to price them. Is there a way to automatically price them to SRP or do you have to price each one individually? Im just wondering if there's a button i can push to list them all automatically.
Old Today, 03:19 PM   #4328
glen87

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsublime View Post
And JoelShitShow

And DallasCardboys
DallasCardboys - James Beckett????

https://www.corporationwiki.com/Texa.../37477530.aspx

Dallas Cardboys LLC filed as a Domestic Limited Liability Company (LLC) in the State of Texas on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 and is approximately twelve years old, according to public records filed with Texas Secretary of State.

Registered Agent James Beckett
Old Today, 03:46 PM   #4329
allstarcollect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGodahell View Post
COMC noob here. I just submitted over 5000 cards. Now it's time to price them. Is there a way to automatically price them to SRP or do you have to price each one individually? Im just wondering if there's a button i can push to list them all automatically.
individually. I wouldn’t use SRP. It can be wildly off.
Old Today, 04:15 PM   #4330
3124508 on COMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post

Dallas Cardboys LLC filed as a Domestic Limited Liability Company (LLC) in the State of Texas on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 and is approximately twelve years old, according to public records filed with Texas Secretary of State.

Wow. Thanks for posting. That begins to explain all the crazy stuff he has.
3124508 on COMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:19 PM   #4331
checkoutmydeals

Sort of. If you sort your inventory by SRP, you could enter a price for a card. Then the next card, if you hit ** quickly, it will copy the previous price into the field. Then ** and it will hit the previous price again.

As mentioned, SRP isn't the best measure to use for pricing, though it can be mildly useful if you use broad ranges. For example, a card with SRP $1.25 to $1.75 is unlikely to sell for more than 75 cents, because if any copies ever sold (and shipped) for more than that, the SRP would probably be higher. If there are zero copies of a card on COMC and you can't find any for sale in some other venue, then starting at 1/2 the Suggested List Price (the middle) is as good as anywhere else.

Or, make a note of the Suggested Wholesale Price (the bottom price), because that is the amount that the last person who sold the card got. However, SWP is all over the map. The card could have sold for 3 cents to a flipper, or it could have sold for $2.50 on eBay and the seller got $2. Also, it might have sold 5 years ago or 5 days ago.
Old Today, 04:42 PM   #4332
Chief286

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
[I]
Or, make a note of the Suggested Wholesale Price (the bottom price), because that is the amount that the last person who sold the card got. However, SWP is all over the map. The card could have sold for 3 cents to a flipper, or it could have sold for $2.50 on eBay and the seller got $2. Also, it might have sold 5 years ago or 5 days ago.

I don’t believe that is how SWP is calculated. First because it would be dumb and conflicts with COMCs description. And second, that would mean all cards with one sale would have an SWP. My understanding is that SWP is an algorithm that, based on past sales and trajectory, attempts to predict at what price a card will quickly sell because it would be at wholesale price.
Chief286 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:03 PM   #4333
checkoutmydeals

I don’t believe that is how SWP is calculated. First because it would be dumb and conflicts with COMCs description. And second, that would mean all cards with one sale would have an SWP. My understanding is that SWP is an algorithm that, based on past sales and trajectory, attempts to predict at what price a card will quickly sell because it would be at wholesale price.

A card still has to have the minimum 5 cards sold and shipped to trigger an SWP in the first place, but once it does, the number is the last price the seller received, though it's not updated instantaneously. Maybe every few days. If you want to call it a recent price that someone received, that's fine. But it is an actual price that someone received.

This is my observation which I have gleaned from over 200,000 transactions.

SLP, by the way, appears to be the SRP knocked down about 25%, rounded to some number. So if SRP is $12.50, SLP will be $10. But if SWP is 9 cents, then in one of the recent sales, the seller received 9 cents.

This is why you have cards like this at $400 SRP, $320 SLP and 39 cents SWP:

https://www.comc.com/Cards/Hockey/20...hnson/11554437

or this at $300 SRP, $240 SWP and SLP 66 cents.

https://www.comc.com/Cards/Hockey/20...glien/12061434

There are a handful of other cards where the SRP is wildly out of whack with what the card actually sells for. But there are millions of cards on the site. If you set up at a card show with a 25 cent box, a $1 box, a $3 box and a case where everything was $5 and over, you would probably do fine if the 25 cent box contained stuff with SRP $1.25 to $2, the $1 box with SRP $2.50 to $7.50 and the $3 box $10 and up (double checking eBay or some other venue to make sure that it isn't actually a $5 and up card).

You would have to ignore the stray $75 1991 Score Kirby Puckett and such, but you would probably do OK with a system like that.
Old Today, 05:05 PM   #4334
thebrett

Quote:

I am super interested in this now too!
Old Today, 05:27 PM   #4335
Rookies_n_Jerse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budler View Post
As just a small time collector it amazes me how much money people spend on cards. Yes I have purchased a few small collections and bulk lots for a few hundred dollars but that is it. I give up boxes and packs years ago as I was not getting any cards for my PC and that is what it is all about (for Me)

Joel, Dallas and Rookies all have cards that I need but their prices are way too much. 60 to 75% off is where I would be at. Yes they do have some low prices on cards BUT I have all of them. They must know what cards I need and keep them higher. I would love to tell them that the $3 card that they have for over a year and none has sold in 4 years is only worth a $1 at the most.

I just love it when I watch a card for months and then buy it. Then in a week all the others drop their price lower then what I have pay.

Hi All - Rookies_n_Jerseys here
If anyone is looking for a card in my port, PLMK and I'll be happy to try and work a deal with you

I got tired of the 50% offers on everything so I just turned it off
But if there is something you need, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do
Rookies_n_Jerse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:38 PM   #4336
Budler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies_n_Jerse View Post
Hi All - Rookies_n_Jerseys here
If anyone is looking for a card in my port, PLMK and I'll be happy to try and work a deal with you

I got tired of the 50% offers on everything so I just turned it off
But if there is something you need, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do
PM sent Hope we can work something out.
Old Today, 05:51 PM   #4337
pfb11

Quote:

That actually would make sense. Has some oddball stuff that you rarely see.

(Some massive conflicts of interest tho.)
Old Today, 06:01 PM   #4338
RogerGodahell

Quote:
Well i've got about 800 cards priced so far. It took a little time maybe a couple hours. Im gonna take a break now im kind of burnt out from it. I've got about 4300 more to do haha. I've already made $63
Old Today, 06:03 PM   #4339
CCSportsCards

Quote:
Well i've got about 800 cards priced so far. It took a little time maybe a couple hours. Im gonna take a break now im kind of burnt out from it. I've got about 4300 more to do haha. I've already made $63
whats your store name
CCSportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:24 PM   #4340
Rookies_n_Jerse

Quote:
I wonder if he has wax addicts that give him all their non “hits” for more product? Even still, half a mill worth of processing fees and he is never in the hottest sellers

Who else knows more? I need more intel
Actually - remember that hottest sellers is based on SRP
Over half of my cards have no SRP so when they sell they don't count towards the total
Old Today, 06:25 PM   #4341
Rookies_n_Jerse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
I think RJ buys a lot of ports at 10%...
I USED to buy a lot of ports :-)
Old Today, 06:34 PM   #4342
thebrett

Ok, now that you are here can we have a Q&A?

I just recently cranked my submission levels to what I feel are almost crazy levels (due dates all late July thru late August) and I am amazed that anyone could have over a million items on the site.

I understand buying ports, but there is so much trash that I can't figure out how that would do get you there either

How do you decide how to price? I will see a card with 32 copies that go as low as 10 cents and you will have 14 at 99 cents

You also don't seem to run aggressive sales during the promos. Are you trying to have 2 million cards on site?

How do you submit? In person drop off? Pallet shipments?

Pretty much just tell us all about yourself
Old Today, 06:41 PM   #4343
Rookies_n_Jerse

Quote:
Ok, now that you are here can we have a Q&A?

I just recently cranked my submission levels to what I feel are almost crazy levels (due dates all late July thru late August) and I am amazed that anyone could have over a million items on the site.

I understand buying ports, but there is so much trash that I can't figure out how that would do get you there either

How do you decide how to price? I will see a card with 32 copies that go as low as 10 cents and you will have 14 at 99 cents

You also don't seem to run aggressive sales during the promos. Are you trying to have 2 million cards on site?

How do you submit? In person drop off? Pallet shipments?

Pretty much just tell us all about yourself
I tend to not price anything less than 99 cents
You would be surprised at the number of cards I sell at 99 cents when there are cheaper ones listed. Its not worth the time or effort to sell them for less

NO - would love to sell them all - My problem is that I cannot possibly stay current on all of my pricing - so I'm conservative in my discounts

Happy to work with anyone on cards they need

I submit via Card shows and mail in - I've actually never been to the office