AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 01-22-2018, 12:22 PM   #101
bojesphob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Why was Brady even at practice if the whole this is scripted? Why do teams even practice if that is the case?

Be confused all you want, when I hear others who I've not spoken to on the topic have the exact same conversation about things that bother me about how last and this season have played out, it lends more credence to what I feel about it. Am I *entirely* sold on this idea? no, definitely not, but the more they make this predictable and start the exact story lines for the end of the season 5 months before the Super Bowl, the more I lean towards it. This is one of the reasons why the NFL is losing actual non-casual fans. But, of course, when the team you root for is the one at the epicenter of all of it, I guess you'd be prone to arguing against it.
bojesphob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #102
Drdduet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldPanner View Post
Let’s say Brady loses this Super Bowl and then makes it again next year and loses would he still be considered goat with a 5-4 Super Bowl record to Montana’s 4-0
There is no logic to it, Brady doesn't win Super Bowls or loses them--the team/organization does--and should a team be faulted for making the Super Bowl over not making it there...this whole idea is built on faulty/absence of logic.
Drdduet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #103
BostonNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojesphob View Post
Be confused all you want, when I hear others who I've not spoken to on the topic have the exact same conversation about things that bother me about how last and this season have played out, it lends more credence to what I feel about it. Am I *entirely* sold on this idea? no, definitely not, but the more they make this predictable and start the exact story lines for the end of the season 5 months before the Super Bowl, the more I lean towards it. This is one of the reasons why the NFL is losing actual non-casual fans. But, of course, when the team you root for is the one at the epicenter of all of it, I guess you'd be prone to arguing against it.
Well sure...I mean anything to discredit a team that just might be good and have good leadership top to bottom.

Cheating, the refs, it's all rigged. It has to be all three of those. It simply cannot be that the organization is just good.
Proud owner of JBLR post and reply #10,000!
Forum Unity Complete!
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:30 PM   #104
seabass97166
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packman80 View Post
Awesome

I just showed a co-worker who has no dog in the fight...he said
" Yeah bro that was pathetic no penalties called on offense of defense for the entire game"

Last edited by seabass97166; 01-22-2018 at 12:35 PM.
seabass97166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:32 PM   #105
SirTommyWinAlot
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drdduet View Post
There is no logic to it, Brady doesn't win Super Bowls or loses them--the team/organization does--and should a team be faulted for making the Super Bowl over not making it there...this whole idea is built on faulty/absence of logic.
The quarterback is a huge part of winning super bowls though, especially when we're talking about 5. It's not by accident. A great QB makes his team better cause they believe. There's nothing more disheartening for a defense than trying to ball out and put your body on the line for a quarterback that you don't believe in.
SirTommyWinAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:34 PM   #106
bojesphob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Well sure...I mean anything to discredit a team that just might be good and have good leadership top to bottom.

Cheating, the refs, it's all rigged. It has to be all three of those. It simply cannot be that the organization is just good.
Oh, I'm not discrediting the Patriots specifically, basically discrediting the NFL in general. The Patriots are just who is en vogue right now, so once Brady retires, the Patriots will fade when the league finds their new face of the NFL that will overshadow Brady. And, is it really cheating if the NFL gives you everything you need to win it all year after year? Heck, if the Packers were in the middle of this like the Patriots have been, with all of the drama, I would be calling out the Packers just as much, so don't take it personally.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:35 PM   #107
LCM1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_123 View Post
Initially I was going to be pulling for the Eagles but after seeing MULTIPLE videos and reading MULTIPLE stories about how their fans acted before, during, and after the game, they don't deserve a Super Bowl. I don't get how you can act so classless (such as jumping them, throwing batteries and beer at them, etc) to another human being just because they cheer for a different team than you do. Eagles fans showed how classless they are in masses yesterday. Im sure there are a few Eagles fans that don't act this way, but it's clear that a majority of their fan base feels the need to perform disgusting acts towards opposing fan bases.

I've met many fans of many different NFL teams and I have never felt the need to harass them because their fandom lies with a different team than mine. I also try to make fans of opposing teams feel welcome when they come to Minnesota no matter if I dislike the team they root for or not.

With that said, as much as I dislike the Patriots and Brady, I hope they are hoisting another Lombardi.
In light of these recent events I'm embarrassed and ashamed of the actions of those fellow Eagles fans. However, to say that the majority of the fan base acts in this manner is asinine.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:37 PM   #108
Bassplayah101

The empire

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Bassplayah101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:39 PM   #109
rcgdodge

Quote:
Oh, I'm not discrediting the Patriots specifically, basically discrediting the NFL in general. The Patriots are just who is en vogue right now, so once Brady retires, the Patriots will fade when the league finds their new face of the NFL that will overshadow Brady. And, is it really cheating if the NFL gives you everything you need to win it all year after year? Heck, if the Packers were in the middle of this like the Patriots have been, with all of the drama, I would be calling out the Packers just as much, so don't take it personally.
Wow....I'm an Eagles fan, but don't you think there is something to be said for a Hall of Fame level quarterback taking over a game?

Brady is by far the best QB in the league, therefore his team will be in the playoff hunt every year.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:40 PM   #110
SirTommyWinAlot
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassplayah101 View Post
The empire

Just wait till we draft Luke Falk.

We'll have a quarterback heir to Brady named Luke. Can't wait.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:43 PM   #111
AlabamaSlamma

13 more days of this thread.

cantwait.gif

https://610sportscards.smugmug.com/The-Collection
IG: @610sportscards
AlabamaSlamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:48 PM   #112
bojesphob

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaSlamma View Post
13 more days of this thread.

cantwait.gif
Meh, I'll be moving on once I get bored with going back and forth, so the Brady worship can continue without interruption. Just a bit bored today and feel like giving crap to the guys who are buying what the NFL is selling right now. Funny, that's the exact same thing I was saying right before the Super Bowl last year! Amazing that it's become so predictable, no?
Old 01-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #113
SirTommyWinAlot
Banned

Quote:
Meh, I'll be moving on once I get bored with going back and forth, so the Brady worship can continue without interruption. Just a bit bored today and feel like giving crap to the guys who are buying what the NFL is selling right now. Funny, that's the exact same thing I was saying right before the Super Bowl last year! Amazing that it's become so predictable, no?
You sound so salty and pathetic. Hopefully you get bored soon so you can GTFO.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:55 PM   #114
jlzinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
Dope....dope
Quote:
Originally Posted by deansayso View Post
Two worst fan bases ever.... was really hoping the vikes would make it
He's trying to ruin the thread after you post this?

OK
Old 01-22-2018, 12:57 PM   #115
bojesphob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTommyWinAlot View Post
You sound so salty and pathetic. Hopefully you get bored soon so you can GTFO.
Salty? No, salty is when you care about the outcome, at this point it's rather obvious what it will be, why care? Contrarian? Sure, I would admit that I like riling people up going against the grain of Patriots love. Pathetic? You might think so, but I'm not in the business of caring what you think of me specifically since all you know about me is that I don't completely buy the NFL's story line right now. But, with such a friendly and matter of fact demeanor you have, you can be sure I'm not quite that bored yet. To be honest, I'm surprised guys like BostonNut even reply to me anymore, I thought there was an ignore button i was missing in the forum that they had used on my posts because I hadn't gotten a response from them on this stuff in a long time.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:57 PM   #116
jlzinck

Also I am buying stock in companies who make tin foil.

Lots of hats being made
Old 01-22-2018, 12:58 PM   #117
BostonNut

Quote:
To be honest, I'm surprised guys like BostonNut even reply to me anymore, I thought there was an ignore button i was missing in the forum that they had used on my posts because I hadn't gotten a response from them on this stuff in a long time.
There is an ignore button.

I just enjoy reading your crackpot stories and enjoy watching you dance around every question that is asked regarding said crackpot stories.
Forum Unity Complete!
Old 01-22-2018, 01:00 PM   #118
SirTommyWinAlot
Banned

Quote:
Salty? No, salty is when you care about the outcome, at this point it's rather obvious what it will be, why care? Contrarian? Sure, I would admit that I like riling people up going against the grain of Patriots love. Pathetic? You might think so, but I'm not in the business of caring what you think of me specifically since all you know about me is that I don't completely buy the NFL's story line right now. But, with such a friendly and matter of fact demeanor you have, you can be sure I'm not quite that bored yet. To be honest, I'm surprised guys like BostonNut even reply to me anymore, I thought there was an ignore button i was missing in the forum that they had used on my posts because I hadn't gotten a response from them on this stuff in a long time.
You can also add conspiracy nut to the list.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:09 PM   #119
bojesphob

Quote:
You can also add conspiracy nut to the list.
Meh, whatever. I'm not saying that I don't think the moon landing happened, or that I think the Earth is flat. Those you can actually debunk with any real amount of critical thinking. But, if you think that a bunch of billionaires wouldn't be above scripting out the drama of a league to maximize profits, well I've got some ocean front property in Indiana you might be interested in.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:13 PM   #120
BostonNut

Quote:
Meh, whatever. I'm not saying that I don't think the moon landing happened, or that I think the Earth is flat. Those you can actually debunk with any real amount of critical thinking. But, if you think that a bunch of billionaires wouldn't be above scripting out the drama of a league to maximize profits, well I've got some ocean front property in Indiana you might be interested in.
Why does this only happen in football? Are the other sports billionaires stupid?

Why wouldn't the NHL do it? They need a jumpstart for sure!

I guess it is happening in the NBA...I mean...one guy has gotten to the Finals a whole bunch of times in a row. RIGGED!
Forum Unity Complete!
Old 01-22-2018, 01:15 PM   #121
SirTommyWinAlot
Banned

Quote:
we were fined millions of dollars, lost 2 first round picks, GOAT was suspended 4 games. The NFL is not in bed with the Patriots.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:18 PM   #122
bojesphob

Quote:
we were fined millions of dollars, lost 2 first round picks, GOAT was suspended 4 games. The NFL is not in bed with the Patriots.
And, you really think that one of the most influential owners in the NFL (and friends with the commish to boot) would have folded so easily to the punishment if he didn't get something in return? He literally accepted the punishment like a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:23 PM   #123
SirTommyWinAlot
Banned

Quote:
And, you really think that one of the most influential owners in the NFL (and friends with the commish to boot) would have folded so easily to the punishment if he didn't get something in return? He literally accepted the punishment like a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
your speculation is so far fetched. You hate the Pats and hate their success so you automatically try to pass your conjecture as fact. You should work for BSPN.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:30 PM   #124
Bassplayah101

Quote:
This is not even close to what actually happened. Stop telling stories, you really make yourself sound ignorant.

They fought it tooth and nail, and only accepted it after all other options and avenues were exhausted.

Bassplayah101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:39 PM   #125
bojesphob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassplayah101 View Post
This is not even close to what actually happened. Stop telling stories, you really make yourself sound ignorant.

They fought it tooth and nail, and only accepted it after all other options and avenues were exhausted.

No, BRADY fought it tooth and nail. Kraft accepted it, and tried to "convince" Jones to accept his punishment like he did.

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patr...nfl-punishment

Quote:
But I took it. My fans killed me for it, but I try to be a good partner.
But, yeah, I'm ignorant for remembering how it went down LOL