Blowout Cards Forums
trick treat

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2018, 05:05 PM   #114601
Saraste
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 3,030
Default

Greetings everyone. 24 hours ago my cable and internet went poof. I thought it may have been the complex as the tv in the bedroom (which I never use) is just plugged into a small box with a few channels. That didn't have anything either. I called and someone came out and reconnected it. It appears someone disconnected mine by accident. This is the cable company, so I know there will be nothing from them for my inconvenience.

What it shows me is that having no connection to the outside world (remember that I do not have a smart phone) is a terrifying experience. You never know how dependent you are on the internet (I don't watch much tv) until you lose it. Sure, I sorted a bunch of cards. They are now all alphabetized inside of each sport.

I now know that I have 20 full rows of basketball, 2 rows of football, and 49 rows of baseball. Most of them are cards that are either prospects/rookies or are cards better than ones I would put in a quarter box at a show. This does not count all of my show stuff and also does not count my sets.

How does this compare to everyone else in terms of number of cards they have? Is your stuff at all organized and if so, how? We know Glen's is just sitting in a closet and not organized.
__________________
I PC Doug Waechter, Jared Sandberg, 1977-97 Eddie Murray, and 1986-95 Bo Jackson. I buy all 2003 Doug Waechter /100 or less. Buying 2007 Fleer Mini Die-Cut Gold Parallels.

COMC 20% off auto-accept.
Saraste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #114602
Saraste
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 3,030
Default

I see chezzy's son is suspended. What happened?
__________________
I PC Doug Waechter, Jared Sandberg, 1977-97 Eddie Murray, and 1986-95 Bo Jackson. I buy all 2003 Doug Waechter /100 or less. Buying 2007 Fleer Mini Die-Cut Gold Parallels.

COMC 20% off auto-accept.
Saraste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:30 PM   #114603
chezball
Member
 
chezball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Beatoff USA
Posts: 14,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraste View Post
I see chezzy's son is suspended. What happened?
I have no family here.
__________________
REMEMBER, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SIX FEET OF DIRT TOSSED ON YOU, IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU A GOOD PERSON ALL OF A SUDDEN
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:35 PM   #114604
spuds1961
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Terry,Ms.
Posts: 6,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraste View Post
Greetings everyone. 24 hours ago my cable and internet went poof. I thought it may have been the complex as the tv in the bedroom (which I never use) is just plugged into a small box with a few channels. That didn't have anything either. I called and someone came out and reconnected it. It appears someone disconnected mine by accident. This is the cable company, so I know there will be nothing from them for my inconvenience.

What it shows me is that having no connection to the outside world (remember that I do not have a smart phone) is a terrifying experience. You never know how dependent you are on the internet (I don't watch much tv) until you lose it. Sure, I sorted a bunch of cards. They are now all alphabetized inside of each sport.

I now know that I have 20 full rows of basketball, 2 rows of football, and 49 rows of baseball. Most of them are cards that are either prospects/rookies or are cards better than ones I would put in a quarter box at a show. This does not count all of my show stuff and also does not count my sets.

How does this compare to everyone else in terms of number of cards they have? Is your stuff at all organized and if so, how? We know Glen's is just sitting in a closet and not organized.
My collection is not organized at all, it makes for some nice finds down the road when I get the chance to go thru them. I am going to my storage locker some time this week at least 30 tubs to go thru, hopefully some good cards are to be found.
spuds1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:36 PM   #114605
spuds1961
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Terry,Ms.
Posts: 6,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
I have no family here.
We're all family.
spuds1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:43 PM   #114606
BostonNut
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 34,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraste View Post
I see chezzy's son is suspended. What happened?
Boo Jr.
Temporarily Suspended

The Cubs fans baited him yet again
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:33 PM   #114607
chezball
Member
 
chezball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Beatoff USA
Posts: 14,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
We're all family.
Not him.
__________________
REMEMBER, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SIX FEET OF DIRT TOSSED ON YOU, IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU A GOOD PERSON ALL OF A SUDDEN
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:35 PM   #114608
chezball
Member
 
chezball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Beatoff USA
Posts: 14,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
My collection is not organized at all, it makes for some nice finds down the road when I get the chance to go thru them. I am going to my storage locker some time this week at least 30 tubs to go thru, hopefully some good cards are to be found.
__________________
REMEMBER, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SIX FEET OF DIRT TOSSED ON YOU, IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU A GOOD PERSON ALL OF A SUDDEN
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:44 PM   #114609
spuds1961
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Terry,Ms.
Posts: 6,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
Yep I wish you guys were here and we could go thru them together, it is not a fun chore when you go thru some tubs and find nothing worthwhile.
spuds1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:45 PM   #114610
Boo
Member
 
Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 18,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
Yep I wish you guys were here and we could go thru them together, it is not a fun chore when you go thru some tubs and find nothing worthwhile.
Straight to the trash
__________________
CheckOutMyCards ID = klay22
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:54 PM   #114611
spuds1961
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Terry,Ms.
Posts: 6,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Straight to the trash
Just can't do that, I would rather spend time going thru them than to know I trashed some decent money cards.
spuds1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:58 PM   #114612
glen87
Member
 
glen87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VERMONT
Posts: 37,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraste View Post
Greetings everyone. 24 hours ago my cable and internet went poof. I thought it may have been the complex as the tv in the bedroom (which I never use) is just plugged into a small box with a few channels. That didn't have anything either. I called and someone came out and reconnected it. It appears someone disconnected mine by accident. This is the cable company, so I know there will be nothing from them for my inconvenience.

What it shows me is that having no connection to the outside world (remember that I do not have a smart phone) is a terrifying experience. You never know how dependent you are on the internet (I don't watch much tv) until you lose it. Sure, I sorted a bunch of cards. They are now all alphabetized inside of each sport.

I now know that I have 20 full rows of basketball, 2 rows of football, and 49 rows of baseball. Most of them are cards that are either prospects/rookies or are cards better than ones I would put in a quarter box at a show. This does not count all of my show stuff and also does not count my sets.

How does this compare to everyone else in terms of number of cards they have? Is your stuff at all organized and if so, how? We know Glen's is just sitting in a closet and not organized.
nope - almost everything i have is listed and most scanned individually. all autos / jerseys are scanned.
__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
collecting James Madison University players of all sports
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:05 PM   #114613
Cavaliercards
Member
 
Cavaliercards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 18,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraste View Post
Greetings everyone. 24 hours ago my cable and internet went poof. I thought it may have been the complex as the tv in the bedroom (which I never use) is just plugged into a small box with a few channels. That didn't have anything either. I called and someone came out and reconnected it. It appears someone disconnected mine by accident. This is the cable company, so I know there will be nothing from them for my inconvenience.

What it shows me is that having no connection to the outside world (remember that I do not have a smart phone) is a terrifying experience. You never know how dependent you are on the internet (I don't watch much tv) until you lose it. Sure, I sorted a bunch of cards. They are now all alphabetized inside of each sport.

I now know that I have 20 full rows of basketball, 2 rows of football, and 49 rows of baseball. Most of them are cards that are either prospects/rookies or are cards better than ones I would put in a quarter box at a show. This does not count all of my show stuff and also does not count my sets.

How does this compare to everyone else in terms of number of cards they have? Is your stuff at all organized and if so, how? We know Glen's is just sitting in a closet and not organized.
Glen's is the most organized house I have ever peeked into.
__________________
Always Buying: Vintage and Tobacco Cards

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:09 PM   #114614
glen87
Member
 
glen87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VERMONT
Posts: 37,859
Default

saraste - just for you

i just did a quick count of my scans. just my auto collection which is about 60% scanned has just over 4,500 cards scanned. that is just my auto collection.

just over 2,900 autos in the collection not scanned yet
__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
collecting James Madison University players of all sports
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:11 PM   #114615
glen87
Member
 
glen87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VERMONT
Posts: 37,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliercards View Post
Glen's is the most organized house I have ever peeked into.
thanks, i appreciate that
__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
collecting James Madison University players of all sports
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:12 PM   #114616
glen87
Member
 
glen87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VERMONT
Posts: 37,859
Default

cavy - just checked and the RCBL typically has a show early summer near harrisonburg - looks like it is early june. we will not be there then, any show around that area other times of the year?

planning to be there for a week in feb, a week in april, and a week in july


was hoping for a harrisonburg area show to set up and bring all my extra jmu cards to sell
__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
collecting James Madison University players of all sports
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:13 PM   #114617
Cavaliercards
Member
 
Cavaliercards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 18,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post
thanks, i appreciate that
Anytime
__________________
Always Buying: Vintage and Tobacco Cards

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:14 PM   #114618
Cavaliercards
Member
 
Cavaliercards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 18,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post
cavy - just checked and the RCBL typically has a show early summer near harrisonburg - looks like it is early june. we will not be there then, any show around that area other times of the year?

planning to be there for a week in feb, a week in april, and a week in july


was hoping for a harrisonburg area show to set up and bring all my extra jmu cards to sell
Sometimes a pop-up show, but usually not worth it. The CSA Show in Chantilly can be good in April.
__________________
Always Buying: Vintage and Tobacco Cards

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:16 PM   #114619
glen87
Member
 
glen87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VERMONT
Posts: 37,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliercards View Post
Sometimes a pop-up show, but usually not worth it. The CSA Show in Chantilly can be good in April.
yea - familiar with that one. not enough stuff left for me to set up there though. that is why i was hoping for something smaller right in harrisonburg.

with all this new haley stuff coming out - figured i would try and move some of my extras. have a lot of low numbered (#/25 or less) extra cards of several jmu players over the years
__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
collecting James Madison University players of all sports
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:17 PM   #114620
glen87
Member
 
glen87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VERMONT
Posts: 37,859
Default

was thinking of the RCBL show since i have (and can get more) cards of guys who have played in that league
__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
collecting James Madison University players of all sports
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:20 PM   #114621
glen87
Member
 
glen87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VERMONT
Posts: 37,859
Default

just picked up my third haley certified cuts base #/10. there is one of his NT jersey cards #/15 that i have 5 of, so was bringing stuff like that.

also have a lot of minor league single extras of many players as well.

that kind of stuff
__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
collecting James Madison University players of all sports
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:42 AM   #114622
jlzinck
Member
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 26,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post
just picked up my third haley certified cuts base #/10. there is one of his NT jersey cards #/15 that i have 5 of, so was bringing stuff like that.

also have a lot of minor league single extras of many players as well.

that kind of stuff
I have one of those Panini Super Bowl Autos of Haley if you need it
__________________
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:38 AM   #114623
glen87
Member
 
glen87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VERMONT
Posts: 37,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
I have one of those Panini Super Bowl Autos of Haley if you need it
i believe bnut would appreciate having one
__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
collecting James Madison University players of all sports
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:18 PM   #114624
BostonNut
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 34,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post
i believe bnut would appreciate having one
Who the eff is Charles Haley???
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:23 PM   #114625
glen87
Member
 
glen87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VERMONT
Posts: 37,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Who the eff is Charles Haley???
the original
__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
collecting James Madison University players of all sports
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.