Blowout Cards Forums
May Flowers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Topps Now

Notices

Topps Now Post your Topps Now Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2017, 07:31 PM   #18126
messier2
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpete42 View Post
Yep. They use a lot of bases during these World Series games as people pay a lot for them. Topps seems to get just one base per game hence the crappy relic pieces on the Brussell /199's and Zobrist cards last year.
How about the /5, /10...I'm sure they were the "good" patches?

If so, sounds like the same thing this year...
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:31 PM   #18127
smanzari
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
Wait, how much did Topps sell this card for on the site?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Topps-...8AAOSwkOJZ4RmW

Seems like a huge loss for the seller...
Probably is, but makes sense if you read his feedback....
__________________
<----- Check out my COMC for Regular Sales*!
(*Auto Accept is always ON when a Sale is NOT running)


smanzari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:32 PM   #18128
espyonage
Member
 
espyonage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
Wait, how much did Topps sell this card for on the site?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Topps-...8AAOSwkOJZ4RmW

Seems like a huge loss for the seller...
OUCH!!!

$399.99
__________________
I'm writing a book to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Sacramento River Cats. https://www.gofundme.com/get-me-to-vegas-for-my-book
15% off eBay items sold here.
espyonage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:36 PM   #18129
mlbfan10
Member
 
mlbfan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 1,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
Wait, how much did Topps sell this card for on the site?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Topps-...8AAOSwkOJZ4RmW

Seems like a huge loss for the seller...
$400-500 I think, look at what the purple sold for as well it was like $16. I didn't bid because I am 99.99% sure the seller will not ship these cards at these end prices or was a scam.
__________________
Go Braves!
PC: Topps NOW

Last edited by mlbfan10; 10-25-2017 at 07:39 PM.
mlbfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:09 PM   #18130
espyonage
Member
 
espyonage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,411
Default

Argh. Got my PS sets. No Yankees set, but 2 Rockies sets. How long does it take to fix something like this usually? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm writing a book to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Sacramento River Cats. https://www.gofundme.com/get-me-to-vegas-for-my-book
15% off eBay items sold here.
espyonage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:16 PM   #18131
justbasecards
Member
 
justbasecards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Northern California
Posts: 522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by espyonage View Post
Argh. Got my PS sets. No Yankees set, but 2 Rockies sets. How long does it take to fix something like this usually? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Write a clear message explaining what happened. Take pictures of both Rockies sets together. Scan your packing slip. Send your message, photo and scan to storehelp@topps.com and support@topps.com.

This process works well for me with bubbles and dents on the backs of cards. A customer service rep will reply to you in a couple of days.
justbasecards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:25 PM   #18132
justbasecards
Member
 
justbasecards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Northern California
Posts: 522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanzari View Post
Does anyone know if this year's set will end at the end of the WS? Weren't the awards cards numbered differently last year? Just wondering if I need to get a bigger binder or start a new one for my Yankees set
Last year, they started the OS (Offseason) set during the World Series. I bought OS-1 in a bundle with cards 631-634 on 10/27/16. OS-1 was the Ortiz/Bryant 2016 Hank Aaron Award winners. I consider the OS set as part of the 2016 set. The OS series ended with the HOF cards I think the following year.
justbasecards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:32 PM   #18133
mcholke
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbasecards View Post
Write a clear message explaining what happened. Take pictures of both Rockies sets together. Scan your packing slip. Send your message, photo and scan to storehelp@topps.com and support@topps.com.

This process works well for me with bubbles and dents on the backs of cards. A customer service rep will reply to you in a couple of days.

I had the same issue with PW sets where I got Cubs set and ordered Twins. I sent multiple emails with pictures, descriptions, etc. to emails above and did not get one response. I ultimately called customer service and they went and found my emails and then made the change in the system to send me a new set. Still do not have it but shows up in system as pending. I would not rely on email alone and would send the email with pictures, etc. but follow up with a call.
__________________
Collecting Tony Perez cards, baseball rookies and Ohio State football rookies
mcholke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:37 PM   #18134
justbasecards
Member
 
justbasecards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Northern California
Posts: 522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcholke View Post
I had the same issue with PW sets where I got Cubs set and ordered Twins. I sent multiple emails with pictures, descriptions, etc. to emails above and did not get one response. I ultimately called customer service and they went and found my emails and then made the change in the system to send me a new set. Still do not have it but shows up in system as pending. I would not rely on email alone and would send the email with pictures, etc. but follow up with a call.
Yes, that has happened to me as well, but I also have Jeeves.
justbasecards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:43 PM   #18135
Cubsfan2011
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Azusa, CA
Posts: 1,104
Default

Not a Dodgers fan, but really hoping the make of Topps Now of Vin Scully's first pitch. Auto please?
__________________
If I have a price listed, do not ask me "what is my best price". If you like the card, just send me an offer.
Cubsfan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:06 PM   #18136
Darth Bryzzo
Inactive Account
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In Cubs' Ginormous Blackout Area
Posts: 2,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubsfan2011 View Post
Not a Dodgers fan, but really hoping the make of Topps Now of Vin Scully's first pitch. Auto please?
That would be amazing. Also not a Dodgers fan, but would totally buy that. Scully + Fernando with autos and pitching rubber relic would be dreamy.
Darth Bryzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:52 PM   #18137
joejoemay
Member
 
joejoemay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Braunfels Texas
Posts: 7,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okumeister View Post
Congrats!
I think that is Hoskin's first prospect auto.
Joejoe will buy it from you for 1 trillion dollars
Na...don't buy anything but Now cards
__________________
Chief Joe May
Topps Now on Facebook
Topps Now Master Set Collector...I HAVE ALL NOW CARDS MADE...YOU NEED ONE I GOT IT!
joejoemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:54 PM   #18138
joejoemay
Member
 
joejoemay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Braunfels Texas
Posts: 7,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanzari View Post
Does anyone know if this year's set will end at the end of the WS? Weren't the awards cards numbered differently last year? Just wondering if I need to get a bigger binder or start a new one for my Yankees set
OS (For Off Season) last year
__________________
Chief Joe May
Topps Now on Facebook
Topps Now Master Set Collector...I HAVE ALL NOW CARDS MADE...YOU NEED ONE I GOT IT!
joejoemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:59 PM   #18139
joejoemay
Member
 
joejoemay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Braunfels Texas
Posts: 7,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbasecards View Post
Last year, they started the OS (Offseason) set during the World Series. I bought OS-1 in a bundle with cards 631-634 on 10/27/16. OS-1 was the Ortiz/Bryant 2016 Hank Aaron Award winners. I consider the OS set as part of the 2016 set. The OS series ended with the HOF cards I think the following year.
Last card of 2016:

XMAS 12/25/2016 David Ortiz UKN CHRISTMAS CARD SENT FROM TOPPS VARIOUS $7.26 $19.99
XMAS 12/25/2016 Gary Sanchez UKN CHRISTMAS CARD SENT FROM TOPPS VARIOUS $7.26 $19.99
XMAS 12/25/2016 Ichiro Suzuki UKN CHRISTMAS CARD SENT FROM TOPPS VARIOUS $5.75 $19.99
XMAS 12/25/2016 Kris Bryant UKN CHRISTMAS CARD SENT FROM TOPPS VARIOUS $7.26 $19.99
Last day of 2016 cards sold. OS-36 thru OS-42
OS-40 12/7/2016 Adam Eaton 233 3RD Master SP & Traded SP Nationals $8.89 $19.99
OS-42 12/7/2016 Aroldis Chapman 300 4TH Yankees $8.89 $19.99
OS-36 12/7/2016 Chris Sale 286 Traded Red Sox $8.89 $19.99
OS-39 12/7/2016 Jorge Soler 264 4th & Master Set SP Royals $8.89 $19.99
OS-41 12/7/2016 Lucas Gioltio 341 2nd and Master SP 1ST RC TRADED STAMPED Whitesox $8.89 $19.99
OS-38 12/7/2016 Wade Davis 311 Traded Cubs $8.89 $19.99
OS-37 12/7/2016 Yoan Moncada 411 Traded Whitesox $8.89 $19.99
__________________
Chief Joe May
Topps Now on Facebook
Topps Now Master Set Collector...I HAVE ALL NOW CARDS MADE...YOU NEED ONE I GOT IT!
joejoemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:00 PM   #18140
joejoemay
Member
 
joejoemay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Braunfels Texas
Posts: 7,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoemay View Post
Last card of 2016:

XMAS 12/25/2016 David Ortiz UKN CHRISTMAS CARD SENT FROM TOPPS VARIOUS $7.26 $19.99
XMAS 12/25/2016 Gary Sanchez UKN CHRISTMAS CARD SENT FROM TOPPS VARIOUS $7.26 $19.99
XMAS 12/25/2016 Ichiro Suzuki UKN CHRISTMAS CARD SENT FROM TOPPS VARIOUS $5.75 $19.99
XMAS 12/25/2016 Kris Bryant UKN CHRISTMAS CARD SENT FROM TOPPS VARIOUS $7.26 $19.99
Last day of 2016 cards sold. OS-36 thru OS-42
OS-40 12/7/2016 Adam Eaton 233 3RD Master SP & Traded SP Nationals $8.89 $19.99
OS-42 12/7/2016 Aroldis Chapman 300 4TH Yankees $8.89 $19.99
OS-36 12/7/2016 Chris Sale 286 Traded Red Sox $8.89 $19.99
OS-39 12/7/2016 Jorge Soler 264 4th & Master Set SP Royals $8.89 $19.99
OS-41 12/7/2016 Lucas Gioltio 341 2nd and Master SP 1ST RC TRADED STAMPED Whitesox $8.89 $19.99
OS-38 12/7/2016 Wade Davis 311 Traded Cubs $8.89 $19.99
OS-37 12/7/2016 Yoan Moncada 411 Traded Whitesox $8.89 $19.99
Haven't check those prices in a while so I wouldn't take it as gospel!
__________________
Chief Joe May
Topps Now on Facebook
Topps Now Master Set Collector...I HAVE ALL NOW CARDS MADE...YOU NEED ONE I GOT IT!
joejoemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:02 PM   #18141
joejoemay
Member
 
joejoemay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Braunfels Texas
Posts: 7,503
Default

Buyer's Club E-Mail (if you want in e-mail toppsnow226@gmail.com) :
Sorry this is so late gang...wife had a lump where your not suppose to have lumps (she is a cancer survivor) so we were at the hospital all day.  Just a cist so all is well and we are home having ice cream and watching the game. 

Spreadsheet:  Some updates to the spreadsheet on the far right you will see some 2016's starting at #1 and some 2017's starting at #ST-1.  Feel free to make offers though most of my prices are already the cheapest you will find.  A important note (my spreadsheet is the MASTER) so if you come back to me saying you want all my 2016 #26's for $7 each my spreadsheet is the final say on the price.  I won't cheat you please don't try and cheat me.  I've added an explanation to the lines so just read and you should be able to figure it out.  Once you got it down...go ahead and delete all lines except for the top 9 and your line and it will be easy(er) to read.

Card of the Day:  2016 Topps Now #252 Chris Taylor 1st Appearance 1st HR a Grand Slam (also his 2016 SP) I just sold one today in the $35 range.

Anyway pitching matchups are not the best World Series in my opinion but it might be wise to pick up the recent WSM-1 card.  Remember all you that ordered get the card and the bonus for just $5.50 (if there is one)...thanks for the orders!   Please review the sheet!
Joe May President/Dictator of the Topps Now Buyers Club
__________________
Chief Joe May
Topps Now on Facebook
Topps Now Master Set Collector...I HAVE ALL NOW CARDS MADE...YOU NEED ONE I GOT IT!
joejoemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:23 PM   #18142
BigEd
Member
 
BigEd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 3,086
Default

Put me down for a Seager auto/relic.
__________________
Check out my eBay listings. I'll gladly take off 10% for Blowout members and I may be flexible on some prices.
BigEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:18 PM   #18143
okumeister
Member
 
okumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 4,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEd View Post
Put me down for a Seager auto/relic.
Marwin says "not so fast".
__________________
Mainly collecting Topps Now
Collecting following players : Ichiro, Christian Yelich, Noah Syndergaard, Michael Conforto
okumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:22 PM   #18144
joejoemay
Member
 
joejoemay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Braunfels Texas
Posts: 7,503
Default

Come on Springer! I'll auction my 1/1! LOL
__________________
Chief Joe May
Topps Now on Facebook
Topps Now Master Set Collector...I HAVE ALL NOW CARDS MADE...YOU NEED ONE I GOT IT!
joejoemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:24 PM   #18145
tribefan26
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: America's Finest City!
Posts: 1,993
Default

Surprised by low PRs on the match up cards - glad I didn’t try a TNPRPL guess
tribefan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:36 PM   #18146
BigEd
Member
 
BigEd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 3,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okumeister View Post
Marwin says "not so fast".
__________________
Check out my eBay listings. I'll gladly take off 10% for Blowout members and I may be flexible on some prices.
BigEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:37 PM   #18147
joejoemay
Member
 
joejoemay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Braunfels Texas
Posts: 7,503
Default

#ALLTUVE
__________________
Chief Joe May
Topps Now on Facebook
Topps Now Master Set Collector...I HAVE ALL NOW CARDS MADE...YOU NEED ONE I GOT IT!
joejoemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:39 PM   #18148
joejoemay
Member
 
joejoemay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Braunfels Texas
Posts: 7,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoemay View Post
#ALLTUVE
#ALLCORREA
__________________
Chief Joe May
Topps Now on Facebook
Topps Now Master Set Collector...I HAVE ALL NOW CARDS MADE...YOU NEED ONE I GOT IT!
joejoemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:39 PM   #18149
kpete42
Member
 
kpete42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,479
Default

Altuve/Correa dual auto relic?
kpete42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:40 PM   #18150
NorCalSCM
Member
 
NorCalSCM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern California
Posts: 4,700
Default

Dodger fans are quiet
__________________
They will buy them and store them in their attics
NorCalSCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
aaron, judge, topps now

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.