AD Golden Auction netflix add

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 06-29-2017, 07:18 AM   #251
AlabamaSlamma

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Somebody recently received a redemption and it's still the old/fake sig, despite them showing a signing session with him as posted above.

Makes me nervous as I have three pending...
Recently received Shaq redemption discussion:

http://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1127473

I really, really wish people would take the time to read this thread. Doesn't need to be the whole thing, but at least through page 3 with rimshaqeer's post on Shaq's signature evolution.

https://610sportscards.smugmug.com/The-Collection
IG: @610sportscards

Last edited by AlabamaSlamma; 06-29-2017 at 07:20 AM.
AlabamaSlamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:30 PM   #252
BestRCs

Good job on the bump.... This should be a sticky.

Just really disgusting that he felt the need to be deceitful to his fans and steal money like that.....
BestRCs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 03:07 PM   #253
SteveO21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestRCs View Post
Good job on the bump.... This should be a sticky.

Just really disgusting that he felt the need to be deceitful to his fans and steal money like that.....
Stealing money is exactly what he did. Panini paid him to autograph cards. He did not do what he was contracted to do. He stole their money.
SteveO21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:38 PM   #254
rman112
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Somebody recently received a redemption and it's still the old/fake sig, despite them showing a signing session with him as posted above.

Makes me nervous as I have three pending...
rman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:57 PM   #255
Tones

So Panini posted on their blog couple months ago posted a photo shall singing cards which looked to be from immaculate, and now they are live, this dual was pulled by Laytonsportscards

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ4NxXXH...tonsportscards

this auto looked to be like his older autos and not the most recent ones he has had from Panini like in recent years of immaculate and flawless, which leads me to believe just most of he recent autos have been fake
Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:06 PM   #256
Andy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tones View Post
So Panini posted on their blog couple months ago posted a photo shall singing cards which looked to be from immaculate, and now they are live, this dual was pulled by Laytonsportscards

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ4NxXXH...tonsportscards

this auto looked to be like his older autos and not the most recent ones he has had from Panini like in recent years of immaculate and flawless, which leads me to believe just most of he recent autos have been fake
Yeah it was discussed a few pages back. This'll just be swept under the rug.
Andy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:05 PM   #257
SteveO21

Any recent Shaq auto pulls? Is Panini still pumping out the potentially/likely forged Shaq autos?
SteveO21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:30 PM   #258
Deadshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO21 View Post
Any recent Shaq auto pulls? Is Panini still pumping out the potentially/likely forged Shaq autos?
I think all the stuff signed in black recently looks good. They were still using a mix of good and bad stickers in Contenders. I think he has some autos in Leaf Q but haven't looked at them too close. What a mess.
Deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:45 PM   #259
8collector34

I am not really chasing Panini autos, but since 16/17 NT all on card autos seem to be the "good" kind and I can only repeat what Deadshot is saying one comment above. That raises questions I am too scared to even ask.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #260
AlabamaSlamma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
I think all the stuff signed in black recently looks good. They were still using a mix of good and bad stickers in Contenders. I think he has some autos in Leaf Q but haven't looked at them too close. What a mess.
His 17-18 Prizm sticker autos look good, too. However, his 17-18 Revolution autos are redemptions. Keep an eye on them.

https://610sportscards.smugmug.com/The-Collection
IG: @610sportscards
AlabamaSlamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:21 PM   #261
theworm
Banned

This crap is getting old in this hobby. Bottom line is that card companies are going to have to be present during signings at all times with all athletes. That is the only way to guarantee the signatures. I'd rather have less available autos, but know that they are authentic.
theworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:51 AM   #262
davechappelle

Looks like his 2017-18 NT and Optic autos are legit. 2017 Select looks different to me.
davechappelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:09 AM   #263
rimshaqer34

I will update on the Evolution soon, with new Image Files. With newer Shaq Panini Autos of course....
Old 05-21-2018, 11:11 AM   #264
8collector34

Let me be an attention w***e and leave this in hear. Discussed in another thread. Someone made the observation, that with the alleged Panini "fakes", he never writes his jersey #. You can also see that the loops and curves in his early autos (like that USA one) do not match with the supposed fake ones (on top).

Thread: The First Few Shaq Contenders Sticker Autos Look...
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1148298

Last edited by 8collector34; 05-21-2018 at 11:21 AM.
8collector34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:47 AM   #265
mfw13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO21 View Post
Stealing money is exactly what he did. Panini paid him to autograph cards. He did not do what he was contracted to do. He stole their money.
Given how big a name he is, shouldn't Panini make the effort to have a notary (or other company rep) present when Shaq signs?
mfw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:04 AM   #266
rimshaqer34

The debate of the authenticity of Shaq autographs won’t come to an end, continuing my analysis of Evolution of Shaq Auto, I edited my original compilation and added newer Shaq Panini Autos, since the pictures I use are all mine I didn’t include sample from new Leaf Autos.

If we see the newer Shaq Panini Autos, mid 2016 to present day, pretty much it came back to the early Panini years (2010-12), I even attached a sticker sheet from Panini consisting all of Shaq Autos in different jersey number ; shaq32, shaq33, shaq34, and shaq36.

However after a more close examination, I see a small resemblances of Shaq’s Panini 2013-early 2016 autos with the sticker autos from Topps (2008-09) and just a tiny bit on Topps (2000-02) era, well maybe the Topps 2000-02 doesn’t really 100% fit, but on 2008-09 Topps there’s a similar stroke on the S-->sharp broken S, kind alike a hook, pretty much similar to the 2013-16 Panini Autos.

It is true that during a lifetime a person can change his autograph few times, I myself changed quite a few times before I find it comfortable. Like early Classic Years; Shaq often signed his full name, but as time goes by the number of autographs need to be signed grew exponentially, especially in stickers etc.

I still can’t say 100% sure that the 2013-16 Shaq Panini Autos weren’t sign by him; yes I am aware that there were some reports that Shaq’s Dad signed the mail in autographs sent to Mine O’Mine, but that was also can’t be proven; nor the autopen allegation.

In the end, me as a Shaq Collectors, I am happy with what I have, as long as I like the cards I will just acquire it. Period….just my 2 cents.

By the way I added my instagram account @rimshaqer34 on the edit since somehow my previous edit was circulated and claimed to be someone’s else who did the compilation. Not important though....

Old 05-22-2018, 02:27 AM   #267
Chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by davechappelle View Post
Looks like his 2017-18 NT and Optic autos are legit. 2017 Select looks different to me.
The 2017 select looks fine; similar to other Shaq autos and different from the 2013-2016 autos.

A side by side look of the 2017 and the 2014 versions:

Last edited by Chain; 05-22-2018 at 02:30 AM.
Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:21 PM   #268
NYFAN2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshaqer34 View Post
The debate of the authenticity of Shaq autographs won’t come to an end, continuing my analysis of Evolution of Shaq Auto, I edited my original compilation and added newer Shaq Panini Autos, since the pictures I use are all mine I didn’t include sample from new Leaf Autos.

If we see the newer Shaq Panini Autos, mid 2016 to present day, pretty much it came back to the early Panini years (2010-12), I even attached a sticker sheet from Panini consisting all of Shaq Autos in different jersey number ; shaq32, shaq33, shaq34, and shaq36.

However after a more close examination, I see a small resemblances of Shaq’s Panini 2013-early 2016 autos with the sticker autos from Topps (2008-09) and just a tiny bit on Topps (2000-02) era, well maybe the Topps 2000-02 doesn’t really 100% fit, but on 2008-09 Topps there’s a similar stroke on the S-->sharp broken S, kind alike a hook, pretty much similar to the 2013-16 Panini Autos.

It is true that during a lifetime a person can change his autograph few times, I myself changed quite a few times before I find it comfortable. Like early Classic Years; Shaq often signed his full name, but as time goes by the number of autographs need to be signed grew exponentially, especially in stickers etc.

I still can’t say 100% sure that the 2013-16 Shaq Panini Autos weren’t sign by him; yes I am aware that there were some reports that Shaq’s Dad signed the mail in autographs sent to Mine O’Mine, but that was also can’t be proven; nor the autopen allegation.

In the end, me as a Shaq Collectors, I am happy with what I have, as long as I like the cards I will just acquire it. Period….just my 2 cents.

By the way I added my instagram account @rimshaqer34 on the edit since somehow my previous edit was circulated and claimed to be someone’s else who did the compilation. Not important though....

honestly players have variations in their autographs all the time. heck i cant sign my name the same way each and everytime. but with the collage and history i think shaq has someone else helping him out. could b wrong though
NYFAN2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:40 PM   #269
hairyangryfella

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYFAN2014 View Post
honestly players have variations in their autographs all the time. heck i cant sign my name the same way each and everytime. but with the collage and history i think shaq has someone else helping him out. could b wrong though
Thanks for the input?
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:32 AM   #270
johnyensmith123

I know this is an old thread, but do the 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19 Shaq autos look authentic? Looking to pick up a Shaq auto, but can't really tell if the autos still look off, etc.
johnyensmith123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:02 AM   #271
rimshaqer34

I would say the years you mention should have the correct Shaq autographs. The autographs from those years are consistent with his Topps/Fleer/SkyBox autos

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyensmith123 View Post
I know this is an old thread, but do the 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19 Shaq autos look authentic? Looking to pick up a Shaq auto, but can't really tell if the autos still look off, etc.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:59 AM   #272
johnyensmith123

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshaqer34 View Post
I would say the years you mention should have the correct Shaq autographs. The autographs from those years are consistent with his Topps/Fleer/SkyBox autos

I see, thanks for the input
johnyensmith123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:03 AM   #273
Stifle

Location: I've met great collectors throughout MI and N. Indiana / CHI.

Shouldn't the announcement be more like, Shaquille doesn't sign his stickers?
Stifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:13 PM   #274
jam92102

There is some compelling evidence in here. I absolutely love shaq I hope it’s not true. I collect mcgwire and his autographed changed quite a bit over the years so I could see where maybe he changed it up for the new stuff, but I guess we will never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jam92102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:22 PM   #275
hairyangryfella

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam92102 View Post
There is some compelling evidence in here. I absolutely love shaq I hope it’s not true. I collect mcgwire and his autographed changed quite a bit over the years so I could see where maybe he changed it up for the new stuff, but I guess we will never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We already know.
We will never be told/confirmed is what you should mean.

There is no way Shaq changed his auto that much and made it that neat during that span only. Someone else did them for him. He's clearly lazy/too busy (as you can tell with his newest ones) and didn't do those.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote