2017 Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-12-2016, 11:41 AM   #1
asujbl

Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default 2017 NFL Mock Drafts

For those of us that look forward to the Draft more than the season (Thank God for the Cavs and Tribe) I figured I'd start a thread to post various mocks.

These are always entertaining because people inevitably will freak out and scream at each other about things that are done just fun and we all know that the "experts" will hit on like 10% of the picks. We all know this. People still love to get upset about them for some reason.

Anyway I'll start with this 2 round mock since it was just posted

2017 NFL mock draft: updated two-round projections | The Draft Wire

As a Browns fan my thoughts...

1 - I love Myles Garrett. I'm totally on board with taking him #1 and then Drafting another QB at some point either via trade up, later round, etc... I haven't given up on Kessler being at least serviceable either

22 - Fine with Tabor at this pick. We need a top level CB badly as Haden as slipped and obviously Justin Gilbert was a huge bust. I'd also be OK with Pat Elflein at this spot.

34 - We need a Safety, I get that, but I don't want another DB at this point. If JuJu Smith-Schuster is there I'm taking him. He's your Gordon replacement. Smith Schuster/Pryor/Coleman would be dangerous.

37 - I don't know much about Watkins. This might be a spot I look at a QB depending on who might be on the board (Mitch Trubisky for example)
Old 10-12-2016, 11:53 AM   #2
trixstar

I haven't looked at too much info yet but I'll say there are some really, really good articles and information posted on www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft
trixstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
chrisfaceoff

Its way too early to tell but they have the Jets taking Fournette. I would be highly upset with that pick.

If they see nothing of note from either Hackenberg or Petty, they have to go QB if one of the 3 fall to them(and at the rate they are playing, and losing Decker now for the year), they wont have to fall very far. If they dont take a QB, they need a top OL player or possibly a CB.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:30 PM   #4
ajlaxmn

I hope SD I bad enough to Garrett, I know nothing about him other than what people are saying, if Bosa continues to play at the level we saw on Sunday, Garrett would be a very nice addition to improving our defense.

"Always with them negative waves"- Oddball
"Uh-uh, I don't tip"- Mr. Pink
ajlaxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:46 PM   #5
blevins26

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
For those of us that look forward to the Draft more than the season (Thank God for the Cavs and Tribe) I figured I'd start a thread to post various mocks.

These are always entertaining because people inevitably will freak out and scream at each other about things that are done just fun and we all know that the "experts" will hit on like 10% of the picks. We all know this. People still love to get upset about them for some reason.

Anyway I'll start with this 2 round mock since it was just posted

2017 NFL mock draft: updated two-round projections | The Draft Wire

As a Browns fan my thoughts...

1 - I love Myles Garrett. I'm totally on board with taking him #1 and then Drafting another QB at some point either via trade up, later round, etc... I haven't given up on Kessler being at least serviceable either

22 - Fine with Tabor at this pick. We need a top level CB badly as Haden as slipped and obviously Justin Gilbert was a huge bust. I'd also be OK with Pat Elflein at this spot.

34 - We need a Safety, I get that, but I don't want another DB at this point. If JuJu Smith-Schuster is there I'm taking him. He's your Gordon replacement. Smith Schuster/Pryor/Coleman would be dangerous.

37 - I don't know much about Watkins. This might be a spot I look at a QB depending on who might be on the board (Mitch Trubisky for example)

If the Browns are in a position to draft one of the top 2 QBs and they pass, they should have to play in the SEC next year.

Their 1st Round strategy is pretty easy--draft a QB if the top one or 2 is available. They've already tried the "wait on a QB" strategy several times with no success. I feel like they sit there and say, "this QB is #12 on our overall board so we can't pick him at #2. Let's trade back." Not smart and, as a Browns fan, don't you at least want a top pick at QB to get excited about?
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:50 PM   #6
briscogun

This is like trying to predict the weather in 2017. Too far out, too many variables.
"I see great things in baseball. It's our game--the American game. It will take our people out-of-doors, fill them with oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism. Tend to relieve us from being a nervous, dyspeptic set. Repair these losses, and be a blessing to us." -Walt Whitman
briscogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:02 PM   #7
asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins26 View Post
If the Browns are in a position to draft one of the top 2 QBs and they pass, they should have to play in the SEC next year.

Their 1st Round strategy is pretty easy--draft a QB if the top one or 2 is available. They've already tried the "wait on a QB" strategy several times with no success. I feel like they sit there and say, "this QB is #12 on our overall board so we can't pick him at #2. Let's trade back." Not smart and, as a Browns fan, don't you at least want a top pick at QB to get excited about?
The only QB you even consider at #1 is Kizer

The rest of these guys shouldn't sniff that spot

And for the record I'd be totally fine if they did take DeShone
Old 10-12-2016, 02:24 PM   #8
Clarka3

maybe Brad Kaaya has progressed in the last 2 years, but when I watched him play against the Bearcats he was FAR from impressive. I cannot imagine him being a top 10 pick.

as far as the Bengals- i agree that interior OL is a weakness, but it's specifically C. I think Zeitler and Boling are fine. I would also be ok with drafting a road-grating OT to replace either Whit or Ogbuehi (who is NOT playing up to his potential, and Jake Fisher must not be doing any better if he's not getting more time).

i think the bigger weakness that needs to be addressed is our Safeties. LB and DL are fine (but wouldn't hurt with an upgrade), and CBs are also fairly deep if young. We need a FS. I would prefer Hooker out of OSU at our pick if he's available. Though, if Pacman decides to convert to FS, that solves that issue and then I'd be more than happy at OL.

I strongly disagree with the 2nd round pick at LB unless he's truly best available.

I also thing they are predicting the Bengals to be better and picking later than they actually will this season.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:31 PM   #9
Canesfan2011

I'm a die hard Hurricanes fan and I don't understand how Kaaya is rated so high. From watching him play I can say while he is an improvement over some of our more recent QB's he is far from impressive and a top 10 pick imo.
#1 want 2007 Leaf Limited College Phenoms Platinum Greg Olsen patch/auto #1/1

my cards for trade- canesfan.webs.com
Canesfan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #10
TheFrenzy

Best case, Dalvin Cook is Le'Veon Bell.
Best case, Royce Freeman is Jamaal Charles.
Best case, Leonard Fournette reinvents the position ala Adrian Peterson.

Best case, Christian McCaffrey goes to an offense like the Patriots where he can either be used creatively or can complement an already high-powered offense. If the dude has to be the featured offensive weapon, he's going to bust.

To see which ones I still need: http://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1147500
TheFrenzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:11 PM   #11
bojesphob

My thought is the Browns have 2 first round picks right? Since they have such a hard time picking first round picks for QBs, why not trade down a few spots from the top (which it looks like they'll probably have) and draft TWO first round QBs and see which one pans out? Then, if one gets hurt like they've been prone to for the Browns they'll have another first round back up LOL If one pans out and the other isn't quite so good, then trade off the one that doesn't pan out.
http://www.bojesphob.com/viewcollection.aspx
bojesphob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:13 PM   #12
Braswell10

Hopefully the Chargers get #1.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:58 PM   #13
JMG318

Mcaffery on the Pats would be a nightmare
JMG318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:07 PM   #14
tolrobb

I don't think Cleveland would pass on a potential face of the franchise in Kizer
Old 10-12-2016, 07:10 PM   #15
xxmudgexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG318 View Post
Mcaffery on the Pats would be a nightmare
Would look great in the black and yellow instead
Old 10-12-2016, 07:48 PM   #16
ssbledsoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
Best case, Dalvin Cook is Le'Veon Bell.
Best case, Royce Freeman is Jamaal Charles.
Best case, Leonard Fournette reinvents the position ala Adrian Peterson.

Best case, Christian McCaffrey goes to an offense like the Patriots where he can either be used creatively or can complement an already high-powered offense. If the dude has to be the featured offensive weapon, he's going to bust.
McCaffrey? To the Pats??? Sign me TF up!

Drew Bledsoe is a better QB than your favorite QB
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:56 PM   #17
Welker83

I'm ok with the QB pick not sure how Deshaun Watson is but i would welcome real competition for Tannehill at this point.
Welker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:08 PM   #18
YanksBillsFan

Bills need a complimentary WR and to bolster the OL. CB could be a need to if Gilmore isn't re-signed.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:35 PM   #19
TWard

Draft season is probably my favorite time of the year, although the Colts seem to disappoint me every year. I usually make 7-round mocks every year on mydraftsite.com but haven't made one for 2017 since it's so early and A LOT can change between now and the draft... Hell, Paxton was a mid-to-late round pick at this time last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'M MR. MEESEEKS, LOOK AT ME!!
TWard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:38 PM   #20
TheFrenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
McCaffrey? To the Pats??? Sign me TF up!
The absolute best thing that could possibly happen for McCaffrey pro career would be to drop to the end of the first. He goes to a team like New England, Carolina, Minnesota, even Indianapolis - he'll be fighting LFour for ROY.

To see which ones I still need: http://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1147500
TheFrenzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:38 PM   #21
asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
I don't think Cleveland would pass on a potential face of the franchise in Kizer
Kizer is Paxton Lynch

He isn't close to ready. Can he be the face? Absolutely... but probably not game one

He won't be ready immediately in 2017 where as Garrett is a beast from day one. That's the dilemma
Old 10-13-2016, 07:44 AM   #22
ajlaxmn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braswell10 View Post
Hopefully the Chargers get #1.
I'm full blown in stink it up mode. I just hope it doesn't end up in the firing of whisenhunt, our offense is good for a reason, even without Allen and Woodhead.

"Always with them negative waves"- Oddball
"Uh-uh, I don't tip"- Mr. Pink
ajlaxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:20 AM   #23
ssbledsoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
The absolute best thing that could possibly happen for McCaffrey pro career would be to drop to the end of the first. He goes to a team like New England, Carolina, Minnesota, even Indianapolis - he'll be fighting LFour for ROY.
He's a white skill position guy. BB loves him some "grinders". You know real "grit guys" with "high motors"...

Drew Bledsoe is a better QB than your favorite QB
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:30 AM   #24
sigmachi

Titans fan here. We will possibly have two top 15 picks in ours and LA Rams, maybe higher depending on how sucky both teams are. Mariota is learning and will be a good QB for many years, the RB's are set in Demarco Murray and Derrick Henry, have an amazing OL finally after many years of early drafting and busts and poor coaching, Delaine is still a top shelf TE for a couple more years at least so the only real hole in the offense is at WR. They have no speed at that position, no downfield threat so they have to look at JuJu Smith, Corey Davis or Mike Williams I'd imagine with one pick. For the other I'll look at the defense where their glaring weakness is in the secondary, primarily at CB. If they can take a shutdown corner (and I don't even know if there is one) and slide McCourty to #2, Parrish Cox to Nickle then they would be in much better shape. I'm looking at somebody like Jalen Tabor, Desmond King or Marlon Humphry here.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:30 AM   #25
sigmachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
He's a white skill position guy. BB loves him some "grinders". You know real "grit guys" with "high motors"...
Yeah a real gym rat kinda guy