Blowout Cards Forums
2017 Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 04-19-2017, 11:57 PM   #1
ForceChange77

Default Credit Card Problems

Not sure where to put this, but I ordered something from Blowout in January. Used a credit card that I rarely use - only other place I use is NYTimes subscription. Somebody got the card number and started charging all kinds of fraudulent charges. Has there been a problem recently?
ForceChange77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:21 AM   #2
bouncer

I was just hit with a fraudulent charge last night too. I have alerts set up whenever a charge is made for .01 or more and I caught it within the hour. I just made a purchase from BO a few days ago.
bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #3
Boo

I as well had some fraudulent charges that were caught yesterday by my CC company. I use it for everything (including BO) but maybe there is a pattern.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:47 PM   #4
mc1

My credit card company caught a fraudelent charge a few weeks ago. I have used that card on BO and at gas stations so cannot say for sure how/when it was compromised.
mc1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #5
chezball

Did BO hire any new employees, should be something to look into.
keep your mouth shut beatoff/TDRavens
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:07 PM   #6
donaldz
Banned

It's almost never an employee, all the card numbers are hashed, so that the human eye can't read 'em.

I would imagine someone got pwned, and if they're actively not telling customers despite knowing they got pwned...

some might call that super illegal.
donaldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #7
donaldz
Banned

PS, you should actually tell them.

Most of the time companies go months and months without actually knowing someone's jacking their cards.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #8
cruiserdaddy7

My Capital One card was hit with a $1,270 charge for a Hotel on booking.com

I used the card in March with Blowout as well. Its actually the only place I have used the credit card in the past 7 months(I checked).
Old 04-20-2017, 04:27 PM   #9
snajuice

Looks like I will be keeping an eye on my card now...I did report this thread to make sure someone sees it
snajuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:29 PM   #10
cruiserdaddy7

Crap....My damn debit card Ive used with Blowout also got his for $349.98 at Walmart.com and is currently pending on my card statement.

I made a payment in March with that one to Blowout as well. This isn't good.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:47 PM   #11
blowoutcards4

I talked to Houdini and he is alerting Fish.

Not sure of the speed anything can be stopped or even if anything can, but just letting you guys know the powers to be are on it.
blowoutcards4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:52 PM   #12
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards4 View Post
I talked to Houdini and he is alerting Fish.

Not sure of the speed anything can be stopped or even if anything can, but just letting you guys know the powers to be are on it.
I sent Danny a message as well so he could be aware of it. The Capital One charge I can deal with, someone having direct access to my checking account via my debit card info is not good. I called the bank to deactivate it, but I do a lot of business with Blowout and have used a handful of debit/credit cards in the past 6 months. Its a pain the cancel the cards etc since Ive got auto billing and all tied to them.

Sucks for everyone when this happens. Probably even worse for Blowout with the volume of cc's they process. Lets hope it was isolated.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:05 PM   #13
blowoutcards2
Administrator

This afternoon we were alerted to a potential security breach on our website.

The online security of our customer's and their information is of paramount importance to us. We are currently working with our security team to thoroughly investigate this matter. We will update as more information is available to us.

Blowoutcards.com
blowoutcards2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #14
Cavaliercards

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards2 View Post
This afternoon we were alerted to a potential security breach on our website.

The online security of our customer's and their information is of paramount importance to us. We are currently working with our security team to thoroughly investigate this matter. We will update as more information is available to us.

Blowoutcards.com
Thanks for the update

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:49 PM   #15
donaldz
Banned

Please, for the love of god, bring a third party in. In-house always screws things up by trying to reduce the amount of blame that falls on them. Bringing in third party players allow another layer of abstraction, and better covers your butt legally in almost every case.

I don't know if Daniel Cid still answers his public email, but he's genuinely the nicest guy alive and his company Sucuri provided services at like 1/100th of the cost of places like Optiv/Fishnet. Mind you, I believe he just sold it to GoDaddy.

Just how people have mentioned the attacks, it sounds like there have been some pretty major PCI violations with encryption and data storage, so .. yah, you're in a rough position.

My two cents:

1. Lawyer
2. Third Party Security that's probably going to make you wish you were still paying the lawyer
3. Pray
Old 04-21-2017, 12:48 PM   #16
blowoutcards2
Administrator

Attention customers,

Recently we were alerted to a potential security breach on our website. After researching this issue, our internet security team detected and patched an exploit that allowed unauthorized access to customers' card information when checking out on Blowoutcards.com.

We are currently in contact with several leading third-party security firms to determine the cause of the breach and assure you that we are working with leading experts to harden our security to prevent any future incidents. Although the immediate issue has been resolved, our investigation into this matter is on-going and we will communicate additional information to you as it becomes available to us.

We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been inconvenienced as a result of this incident. We recommend that you remain vigilant for incidents of fraud by reviewing and monitoring your card account statements for unauthorized activity.

Sincerely,

The Blowout Cards Team
blowoutcards2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:24 PM   #17
Naxcomseller
Banned

Well luckily you have plenty of competitors to buy from. Or we can trust you fixed the problem, but I trusted you would keep account information safe in the first place. Makes it an easy decision......
Naxcomseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #18
dthimesch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxcomseller View Post
Well luckily you have plenty of competitors to buy from. Or we can trust you fixed the problem, but I trusted you would keep account information safe in the first place. Makes it an easy decision......
Really??

Well then I trust you don't shop at any place that has had a security breach?

Because if that is true than I feel sorry that your shopping options must be real limited. Either that or you are a hypocrite.

Im guessing I know which one it is.......
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #19
Naxcomseller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
Really??

Well then I trust you don't shop at any place that has had a security breach?

Because if that is true than I feel sorry that your shopping options must be real limited. Either that or you are a hypocrite.

Im guessing I know which one it is.......
I have never had my debt card # stolen and used before now with blowout.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:05 PM   #20
kyle121592

This thread should be locked at the top of every section in my opinion. Are people being notified who could have potentially had their information compromised? Is there any information on how far back orders would have potentially been not secured?
Old 04-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #21
Naxcomseller
Banned

I believe they are to busy tweeting and facebooking self promotion than actually notifying the customers. No notice yet except " important message" on blowouts homepage that links to this forum post....
Old 04-21-2017, 02:35 PM   #22
kerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle121592 View Post
This thread should be locked at the top of every section in my opinion.
Would agree. I don't view the front page every day.

My last purchase was via paypal so, not sure if there was any breach there. I didn't see any fraudulent activity. Just changed my password now just in case since we don't know what the breach consisted of. Wonder if some part of website stored CC info in clear text info...
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:44 PM   #23
kyle121592

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerg View Post
Would agree. I don't view the front page every day.

My last purchase was via paypal so, not sure if there was any breach there. I didn't see any fraudulent activity. Just changed my password now just in case since we don't know what the breach consisted of. Wonder if some part of website stored CC info in clear text info...
You are good if you used PayPal I think.

From the looks of it you may not be good if you purchased through blowout website and did not pay through PayPal checkout.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #24
Deathgate

Well, that may explain the unauthorized charge on my debit card on Wednesday. I've already cancelled my card and ordered a new one, but I have to wait for the charge to actually post before I can dispute it (it's still pending.)

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:04 PM   #25
TarjetasBéisbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards2 View Post
Attention customers,

Recently we were alerted to a potential security breach on our website. After researching this issue, our internet security team detected and patched an exploit that allowed unauthorized access to customers' card information when checking out on Blowoutcards.com.

We are currently in contact with several leading third-party security firms to determine the cause of the breach and assure you that we are working with leading experts to harden our security to prevent any future incidents. Although the immediate issue has been resolved, our investigation into this matter is on-going and we will communicate additional information to you as it becomes available to us.

We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been inconvenienced as a result of this incident. We recommend that you remain vigilant for incidents of fraud by reviewing and monitoring your card account statements for unauthorized activity.

Sincerely,

The Blowout Cards Team
This should be pinned so it can stay on top.