Blowout Cards Forums
2017 Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2017, 11:57 PM   #1
ForceChange77
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 408
Default Credit Card Problems

Not sure where to put this, but I ordered something from Blowout in January. Used a credit card that I rarely use - only other place I use is NYTimes subscription. Somebody got the card number and started charging all kinds of fraudulent charges. Has there been a problem recently?
ForceChange77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:21 AM   #2
bouncer
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 48
Default

I was just hit with a fraudulent charge last night too. I have alerts set up whenever a charge is made for .01 or more and I caught it within the hour. I just made a purchase from BO a few days ago.
bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #3
Boo
Member
 
Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 15,697
Default

I as well had some fraudulent charges that were caught yesterday by my CC company. I use it for everything (including BO) but maybe there is a pattern.
__________________
CheckOutMyCards ID = klay22
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:47 PM   #4
mc1
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 726
Default

My credit card company caught a fraudelent charge a few weeks ago. I have used that card on BO and at gas stations so cannot say for sure how/when it was compromised.
mc1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #5
chezball
Member
 
chezball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Beatoff USA
Posts: 13,679
Default

Did BO hire any new employees, should be something to look into.
__________________
I'M A FREE THINKING AMERICAN
I'M NOT A KNEELER OR A NETTER DEAL WITH IT
Your ignore list might say more about you than the members on it.
keep your mouth shut beatoff/TDRavens
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:07 PM   #6
donaldz
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 360
Default

It's almost never an employee, all the card numbers are hashed, so that the human eye can't read 'em.

I would imagine someone got pwned, and if they're actively not telling customers despite knowing they got pwned...

some might call that super illegal.
donaldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #7
donaldz
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 360
Default

PS, you should actually tell them.

Most of the time companies go months and months without actually knowing someone's jacking their cards.
donaldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #8
cruiserdaddy7
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,878
Default

My Capital One card was hit with a $1,270 charge for a Hotel on booking.com

I used the card in March with Blowout as well. Its actually the only place I have used the credit card in the past 7 months(I checked).
__________________
Show me your friends and I'll show you your future.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:27 PM   #9
snajuice
Member
 
snajuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 929
Default

Looks like I will be keeping an eye on my card now...I did report this thread to make sure someone sees it
snajuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:29 PM   #10
cruiserdaddy7
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,878
Default

Crap....My damn debit card Ive used with Blowout also got his for $349.98 at Walmart.com and is currently pending on my card statement.

I made a payment in March with that one to Blowout as well. This isn't good.
__________________
Show me your friends and I'll show you your future.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:47 PM   #11
blowoutcards4
Moderator
 
blowoutcards4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,194
Default

I talked to Houdini and he is alerting Fish.

Not sure of the speed anything can be stopped or even if anything can, but just letting you guys know the powers to be are on it.
blowoutcards4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:52 PM   #12
cruiserdaddy7
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,878
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards4 View Post
I talked to Houdini and he is alerting Fish.

Not sure of the speed anything can be stopped or even if anything can, but just letting you guys know the powers to be are on it.
I sent Danny a message as well so he could be aware of it. The Capital One charge I can deal with, someone having direct access to my checking account via my debit card info is not good. I called the bank to deactivate it, but I do a lot of business with Blowout and have used a handful of debit/credit cards in the past 6 months. Its a pain the cancel the cards etc since Ive got auto billing and all tied to them.

Sucks for everyone when this happens. Probably even worse for Blowout with the volume of cc's they process. Lets hope it was isolated.
__________________
Show me your friends and I'll show you your future.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:05 PM   #13
blowoutcards2
Administrator
 
blowoutcards2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,703
Default

This afternoon we were alerted to a potential security breach on our website.

The online security of our customer's and their information is of paramount importance to us. We are currently working with our security team to thoroughly investigate this matter. We will update as more information is available to us.

Blowoutcards.com
blowoutcards2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #14
Cavaliercards
Member
 
Cavaliercards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 15,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards2 View Post
This afternoon we were alerted to a potential security breach on our website.

The online security of our customer's and their information is of paramount importance to us. We are currently working with our security team to thoroughly investigate this matter. We will update as more information is available to us.

Blowoutcards.com
Thanks for the update
__________________
Always Buying: Vintage and Tobacco Cards

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:49 PM   #15
donaldz
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 360
Default

Please, for the love of god, bring a third party in. In-house always screws things up by trying to reduce the amount of blame that falls on them. Bringing in third party players allow another layer of abstraction, and better covers your butt legally in almost every case.

I don't know if Daniel Cid still answers his public email, but he's genuinely the nicest guy alive and his company Sucuri provided services at like 1/100th of the cost of places like Optiv/Fishnet. Mind you, I believe he just sold it to GoDaddy.

Just how people have mentioned the attacks, it sounds like there have been some pretty major PCI violations with encryption and data storage, so .. yah, you're in a rough position.

My two cents:

1. Lawyer
2. Third Party Security that's probably going to make you wish you were still paying the lawyer
3. Pray
donaldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:48 PM   #16
blowoutcards2
Administrator
 
blowoutcards2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,703
Default

Attention customers,

Recently we were alerted to a potential security breach on our website. After researching this issue, our internet security team detected and patched an exploit that allowed unauthorized access to customers' card information when checking out on Blowoutcards.com.

We are currently in contact with several leading third-party security firms to determine the cause of the breach and assure you that we are working with leading experts to harden our security to prevent any future incidents. Although the immediate issue has been resolved, our investigation into this matter is on-going and we will communicate additional information to you as it becomes available to us.

We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been inconvenienced as a result of this incident. We recommend that you remain vigilant for incidents of fraud by reviewing and monitoring your card account statements for unauthorized activity.

Sincerely,

The Blowout Cards Team
blowoutcards2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:24 PM   #17
Naxcomseller
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 282
Default

Well luckily you have plenty of competitors to buy from. Or we can trust you fixed the problem, but I trusted you would keep account information safe in the first place. Makes it an easy decision......
Naxcomseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #18
dthimesch
Member
 
dthimesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 24,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxcomseller View Post
Well luckily you have plenty of competitors to buy from. Or we can trust you fixed the problem, but I trusted you would keep account information safe in the first place. Makes it an easy decision......
Really??

Well then I trust you don't shop at any place that has had a security breach?

Because if that is true than I feel sorry that your shopping options must be real limited. Either that or you are a hypocrite.

Im guessing I know which one it is.......
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #19
Naxcomseller
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
Really??

Well then I trust you don't shop at any place that has had a security breach?

Because if that is true than I feel sorry that your shopping options must be real limited. Either that or you are a hypocrite.

Im guessing I know which one it is.......
I have never had my debt card # stolen and used before now with blowout.
Naxcomseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:05 PM   #20
kyle121592
Member
 
kyle121592's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,645
Default

This thread should be locked at the top of every section in my opinion. Are people being notified who could have potentially had their information compromised? Is there any information on how far back orders would have potentially been not secured?
__________________
*I ship on Tuesdays and Fridays.*
*I accept payments via Venmo / Cash apps, and PayPal*
kyle121592 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #21
Naxcomseller
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 282
Default

I believe they are to busy tweeting and facebooking self promotion than actually notifying the customers. No notice yet except " important message" on blowouts homepage that links to this forum post....
Naxcomseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:35 PM   #22
kerg
Member
 
kerg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: US
Posts: 2,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle121592 View Post
This thread should be locked at the top of every section in my opinion.
Would agree. I don't view the front page every day.

My last purchase was via paypal so, not sure if there was any breach there. I didn't see any fraudulent activity. Just changed my password now just in case since we don't know what the breach consisted of. Wonder if some part of website stored CC info in clear text info...
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:44 PM   #23
kyle121592
Member
 
kyle121592's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerg View Post
Would agree. I don't view the front page every day.

My last purchase was via paypal so, not sure if there was any breach there. I didn't see any fraudulent activity. Just changed my password now just in case since we don't know what the breach consisted of. Wonder if some part of website stored CC info in clear text info...
You are good if you used PayPal I think.

From the looks of it you may not be good if you purchased through blowout website and did not pay through PayPal checkout.
__________________
*I ship on Tuesdays and Fridays.*
*I accept payments via Venmo / Cash apps, and PayPal*
kyle121592 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #24
Deathgate
Member
 
Deathgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bolivia, NC
Posts: 2,436
Default

Well, that may explain the unauthorized charge on my debit card on Wednesday. I've already cancelled my card and ordered a new one, but I have to wait for the charge to actually post before I can dispute it (it's still pending.)
__________________
My Sketch Card Collection: http://www.sketchcollectors.com/gallery.php?user_id=39

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:04 PM   #25
TarjetasBéisbol
Member
 
TarjetasBéisbol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards2 View Post
Attention customers,

Recently we were alerted to a potential security breach on our website. After researching this issue, our internet security team detected and patched an exploit that allowed unauthorized access to customers' card information when checking out on Blowoutcards.com.

We are currently in contact with several leading third-party security firms to determine the cause of the breach and assure you that we are working with leading experts to harden our security to prevent any future incidents. Although the immediate issue has been resolved, our investigation into this matter is on-going and we will communicate additional information to you as it becomes available to us.

We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been inconvenienced as a result of this incident. We recommend that you remain vigilant for incidents of fraud by reviewing and monitoring your card account statements for unauthorized activity.

Sincerely,

The Blowout Cards Team
This should be pinned so it can stay on top.
__________________
De oppresso liber - RLTW
"The Mexicans taught me that trick", "Let me be very clear, crystal clear"
TarjetasBéisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.