Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction netflix add

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-03-2017, 08:08 AM   #1
AlabamaSlamma

Default Possible Dak Prescott Auto-Penned Prizm Autos

I know there's some traction on this in the other thread, but this is enough of a "thing" that it should be in a separate topic.

From what I've gleaned so far:

-Evidence strongly suggests that Dak Prizm autos were signed with an auto pen (note the near-identical signature formats in the pics below).
-BGS has refused to grade Dak Prizm autos in a few member submissions.
-Panini has pulled/recalled/cancelled some redemptions.

Feel free to post any additional pics of your own cards.

This sucks.

https://610sportscards.smugmug.com/The-Collection
IG: @610sportscards
AlabamaSlamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:10 AM   #2
cgags11

This is all on panini. The cards should have been checked. This is unacceptable IMO. What dak did was wrong i get that, but it all goes on panini because they didn't check the cards. I miss topps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2017, 08:31 AM   #3
SPauthentic84

How bout them cowboys?

This isn't good. Makes you question any sort of auto or game used material authenticated by panini
Old 07-03-2017, 08:42 AM   #4
NoleinJax

This will be the future of autographs. All they have to do is design some software for the autopen to have slightly detectable differences in each auto so there is never 2 identical ones. Card companies will have to start filming autograph sessions or something. Pretty sad that if this was done by Dak or with his knowledge, that he actually thought he would get away with this. Is he not aware of the world famous BO detectives?
NoleinJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:42 AM   #5
StevenTormollan
Banned

This is a disaster. I feel horrible for the guy with the 4 gold vinyl autos. Panini is screwed here. First Dak doesn't want to sign stickers. Long wait. Now Dak/ his personal team using an autopen. Its obvious he doesn't like to/ want to sign and he's a big enough star now to just blow it all off. I don't think this ends well.
StevenTormollan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:53 AM   #6
Siberian13

What a joke of a "hobby" Can't wait to sell off all my garbage this year. I will only keep some Falcons but the rest will be gone. You can't trust crap in this so called "hobby". Just a bunch of degenerates and scammers from the top to the bottom. I think I will collect only NY Giants memorabilia from this point forward. I trust the Manning's
Siberian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:54 AM   #7
Mister2Bits

This looks bad on both Panini and Dak.

I'm no legal scholar but if...

Dak signed a contract for monetary compensation in exchange for his signature then he not only breached his contract but I believe he also may have committed fraud. I would be shocked if Panini didnt have specific language surrounding auto-pens.

If this was done without Dak's knowledge, then this is an embarrassing oversight on Panini and could have HUGE ramifications on the hobby. How many more hits can Panini take to the brand?

This isn't a small story.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #8
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister2Bits View Post

Dak signed a contract for monetary compensation in exchange for his signature then he not only breached his contract but I believe he also may have committed fraud. I would be shocked if Panini didnt have specific language surrounding auto-pens.

If this was done without Dak's knowledge, then this is an embarrassing oversight on Panini and could have HUGE ramifications on the hobby. How many more hits can Panini take to the brand?

Like everything else in this "hobby" that goes unpunished, it will be brushed off and no one will care that matters.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:01 AM   #9
mlbfan10

Thanks for starting OP. I have the card pictured last above. Really don't know how to feel about all this other than wtf Panini.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #10
Mister2Bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Like everything else in this "hobby" that goes unpunished, it will be brushed off and no one will care that matters.
Something tells me this one wont get swept under the rug so easily. This could end in a PR disaster for Panini larger than anything they've had before.

These are the long awaited flagship auto's of the hottest rookie in the league and Panini just sent out fraudulent copies of his autograph.

Every single Prizm Dak auto is now (and will be) of questionable authenticity for the life of the card.

BGS and PSA have a massive headache as well...
Old 07-03-2017, 09:15 AM   #11
ILOVEBEER
Banned

Quote:

Well, technically it is his auto. Like you pointed out, Panini should have wording that players not use someone else to sign or use some type of device to reproduce an auto.

Horrible for the hobby anyways. All that money spent on his cards.
ILOVEBEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:15 AM   #12
Siberian13

Quote:
Something tells me this one wont get swept under the rug so easily. This could end in a PR disaster for Panini larger than anything they've had before.

These are the long awaited flagship auto's of the hottest rookie in the league and Panini just sent out fraudulent copies of his autograph.

Every single Prizm Dak auto is now (and will be) of questionable authenticity for the life of the card.

BGS and PSA have a massive headache as well...
There are other players that have had the same issues in the past, right? Maybe not auto-pen but others signing for them like Shaq, right? It's just a giant scam buying cards whether it be Panini or Topps or Leaf or eBay or whoever. I started in 2015 and was so excited to get back into cards after my boss showed me his collection. Now, I will be Happy to sell my stuff and move on to other things. This forum has served it's purpose at least. I appreciate BO forums for calling out degenerate a$$holes. Just wish the punishments were more severe for those that commit fraud. If we were to commit fraud, I'd be eating jelly from unknown places.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:27 AM   #13
Steelers fan
Banned

I demanded a replacement, after this I'm done breaking boxes, just gonna collect my PC Cards.
Steelers fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:42 AM   #14
AlabamaSlamma

Quote:
There are other players that have had the same issues in the past, right? Maybe not auto-pen but others signing for them like Shaq, right?
There was strong evidence to suggest that Shaq had someone else signing his cards. I know Dez had a few releases early on that were nothing like his other autos (Limited and ...???), but in Shaq's case, it was EVERY PRODUCT for several years.

The thread below is a great read, but of particular value is this chart (post #62) showing the "evolution" of Shaq's signature:

http://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1015371

https://610sportscards.smugmug.com/The-Collection
IG: @610sportscards
AlabamaSlamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #15
TimBuckTwo

Reminds me of a rhyme.

Auto-pen strikes again.

I recall Pro-Line having an "autograph" give away if you sent in like 10-20 pack wrappers from cards. Well the "auto" you received was an auto-pen.

Nice.
TimBuckTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #16
StevenTormollan
Banned

They're not going to "reprint" the Dak prizm cards like some people are saying. You will get a replacement. These prizm cards are ruined. The printing plates are gone, and i guarantee you there is no way they will "reprint" or "remake" the cards. That process would be unbelievably hard, the cards that are signed with autopen are basically worthless and just like in other cases, you will be forced to choose or accept a panini replacement. I guarantee it.
StevenTormollan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:00 AM   #17
Cavaliercards

NFLPA needs to step in as well as Dak can jeopardize deals for other players by doing this

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:33 AM   #18
TRode

And you people still buy Panini football products. Takkarist McKinley autos are faked, Dak autos are completely mishandled, fake game-used relics in FLAWLESS. I mean come on now. Our vote in this hobby is with our dollar. Stop buying and they will listen. Keep blowing smoke on forums, yet go out and buy Elite when it first drops is doing NOTHING to solve this problem. We obviously have an issue with Panini in the football aspect of this hobby and they know they can #@#@#@#@ up because stupid, blind, sheep collectors will keep buying cases regardless of the screw ups they've had. 1 screw up, maybe forgivable. But 3?! 1 being of the most sought after rookie auto of the 2016 products and another being fake relics in one of the most expensive products of the year? Come on people. Stop being sheep and realize the ONLY way to change is to do something about it. Buying their products just shows that us as collectors are okay with what they are doing and how they aren't doing anything to solve it or rectify it. Panini being the only football product company is the WORST thing that's happened to the hobby. The mistakes they keep making are proof enough.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #19
Cavaliercards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRode View Post
And you people still buy Panini football products. Takkarist McKinley autos are faked, Dak autos are completely mishandled, fake game-used relics in FLAWLESS. I mean come on now. Our vote in this hobby is with our dollar. Stop buying and they will listen. Keep blowing smoke on forums, yet go out and buy Elite when it first drops is doing NOTHING to solve this problem. We obviously have an issue with Panini in the football aspect of this hobby and they know they can #@#@#@#@ up because stupid, blind, sheep collectors will keep buying cases regardless of the screw ups they've had. 1 screw up, maybe forgivable. But 3?! 1 being of the most sought after rookie auto of the 2016 products and another being fake relics in one of the most expensive products of the year? Come on people. Stop being sheep and realize the ONLY way to change is to do something about it. Buying their products just shows that us as collectors are okay with what they are doing and how they aren't doing anything to solve it or rectify it. Panini being the only football product company is the WORST thing that's happened to the hobby. The mistakes they keep making are proof enough.
Upper Deck and Topps have had same issues, but to your point no companh should have it happen, just shows athletes can't be trusted

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:43 AM   #20
Siberian13

Quote:
I agree but hard to stop addicted gamblers. They can't help it.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:43 AM   #21
TRode

Upper Deck and Topps have had the same issues but when is the last time? And Topps and Upper Deck never had these many issues in a short amount of time. It's careless and ridiculous that fake relics are in a $1400 product and autos might be faked in a $150 product and the most expensive and collected rookie auto of 2016 is so mishandled like this. But, people will still pay over $100 for their new products so don't expect ANYTHING to change.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #22
TRode

Quote:
I agree but hard to stop addicted gamblers. They can't help it.
Buy singles instead of the boxes. Or collect Baseball or Hockey. Collectors that keep buying full prices Panini products are just adding to the problem.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #23
Brobocop

What a jerk. Seriously, stuff like this make it almost impossible to support these jerks and companies like Panini who let something like this through. What is this, the tenth or so fake scandal they've faced over the past few years? How can people continue to open product with them?
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #24
Siberian13

Quote:
Upper Deck and Topps have had the same issues but when is the last time? And Topps and Upper Deck never had these many issues in a short amount of time. It's careless and ridiculous that fake relics are in a $1400 product and autos might be faked in a $150 product and the most expensive and collected rookie auto of 2016 is so mishandled like this. But, people will still pay over $100 for their new products so don't expect ANYTHING to change.
Time to start shaming everyone in the box break sections

Old 07-03-2017, 10:46 AM   #25
Siberian13

Quote:
Buy singles instead of the boxes. Or collect Baseball or Hockey. Collectors that keep buying full prices Panini products are just adding to the problem.
Again I agree but how do you stop them? They don't care and just want get their fix. It's like trying to get a crackhead to put the pipe down.