Default BGS non-guarantee average turnaround time is currently 83 business days

**UPDATE: AS OF 5/22 TURNAROUND TIME IS CURRENTLY 9+ CALENDAR MONNTHS**
**UPDATE: AS OF 3/23 TURNAROUND TIME IS CURRENTLY 7+ CALENDAR MONNTHS**
**UPDATE: AS OF 3/08 TURNAROUND TIME IS CURRENTLY 6-7 CALENDAR MONNTHS**
**UPDATE: AS OF 12/5 TURNAROUND TIME IS CURRENTLY 5-6 CALENDAR MONNTHS**
**UPDATE: AS OF 11/20 TURNAROUND TIME IS CURRENTLY 98 BUSINESS DAYS**
**UPDATE: AS OF 11/14 TURNAROUND TIME IS CURRENTLY 95 BUSINESS DAYS**
**UPDATE: AS OF 10/25 TURNAROUND TIME IS CURRENTLY 90 BUSINESS DAYS**

I came across a thread by a moderator on the Beckett forums and it is the clearest information regarding wait-times I can find anywhere.

The thread is mostly about how the forum isn't the proper place for customers to voice their anger but he also posts the current average wait-time for the non-guaranteed service which is "83 business days as of Sept 27".

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1608876.html

Last edited by TonySpaghetti; 05-23-2018 at 01:08 AM.
TonySpaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:20 PM   #2
TonySpaghetti

Applying holidays, convention days, and the average wait-time to my currently pending order:

Received: June 22
Completed: October 27
Delivered: November 1

That is roughly 132 total days, or 4.3 months, or 36% of a year.

I wasn't in a rush, which is why I chose non-guaranteed, but that is still an absurd amount of time.

The worst part about everything is that they charge people when they RECEIVE the order, not when they COMPLETE the order. They're essentially receiving 4-month, 0% interest loans every single day. I'm sure that helps to off-set some lower revenue from lost customers.

Last edited by TonySpaghetti; 10-04-2017 at 03:23 PM.
TonySpaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:23 PM   #3
TimBuckTwo

In a word this is - Unsatisfactory
TimBuckTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:27 PM   #4
Scottish Punk

Four months to get cards back or overpay the under 10-day prices. Choices, choices. If you select a monthly special, that is considered "non guarantee" correct? Since you are getting a discount up front.
Scottish Punk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:31 PM   #5
marino13

Get a group together (and hopefully, there are duplicates send in) and go with 10-day guarantee.

I am doing this with a few BO members on here.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:32 PM   #6
NeedChapmans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySpaghetti View Post
Applying holidays, convention days, and the average wait-time to my currently pending order:

I wasn't in a rush, which is why I chose non-guaranteed, but that is still an absurd amount of time.

The worst part about everything is that they charge people when they RECEIVE the order, not when they COMPLETE the order. They're essentially receiving 4-month, 0% interest loans every single day. I'm sure that helps to off-set some lower revenue from lost customers.
Sleezy company MO. Paypal the worst at this ... always freezing and holding peoples funds for months but now Beckett getting in on the fun!
Old 10-04-2017, 03:35 PM   #7
Scottish Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
Get a group together (and hopefully, there are duplicates send in) and go with 10-day guarantee.

I am doing this with a few BO members on here.
What kind of pricing do you get on a group sub like this? I am assuming you meant hopefully no duplicates.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:36 PM   #8
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Punk View Post
What kind of pricing do you get on a group sub like this? I am assuming you meant hopefully no duplicates.
$15 per card for 100+

as for duplicates --- more than one person subbing the same cards --- it is just more work for the sub to separate which cards belong to who and so forth.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:48 PM   #9
Scottish Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
$15 per card for 100+

as for duplicates --- more than one person subbing the same cards --- it is just more work for the sub to separate which cards belong to who and so forth.
Right, I get it, that is why I assume no duplicates. Could start some heated discussions on who got the 9.5 with four good subs instead of three.

$15 per card is still too pricey for me personally, but I can see that as bearable if you can sell those cards while they are hot. The right cards with a good grade should clear a $15-$18 hurdle that is needed to break even. That is too expensive for PC stuff.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:52 PM   #10
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Punk View Post
Right, I get it, that is why I assume no duplicates. Could start some heated discussions on who got the 9.5 with four good subs instead of three.

$15 per card is still too pricey for me personally, but I can see that as bearable if you can sell those cards while they are hot. The right cards with a good grade should clear a $15-$18 hurdle that is needed to break even. That is too expensive for PC stuff.
I am thinking more of "Where are my EFFING cards?" --- and that $15 is worth it.

I will spend $15 and I know I will get my cards back in two weeks.

As for duplicates --- that was one reason I make sure I dont sub the same cards if someone already sub exact-ones.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:04 PM   #11
bravesfan#1

I did one non-guaranteed order with Beckett for about 90 cards at the end of April. Came out to about $9.50/card after considering grading fees, shipping, and insurance. Took 50 business days for Beckett to complete.

Just got a 267 card bulk order with PSA completed in 36 days compared to their 45 day estimate. Came out to around $7.50/card. That is over $500 less if Beckett had graded the same exact cards AND I got them graded in less than half the time of this "non-guarantee average turnaround" nonsense. Oh, and my CC wasn't charged until PSA graded my cards. I am completely done with Beckett and I know a lot of local people that are switching sides as well.
bravesfan#1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:13 PM   #12
jared6180
Banned

83 business days in unacceptable.

The End
jared6180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:19 PM   #13
Davesportscards

Ridiculous.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:44 PM   #14
CaptainUgly
Banned

I'm not one to b*tch or moan...but I will simply be sending 100% of my business to PSA.
CaptainUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #15
Big35Hurt

Quote:

The last sentence almost seems illegal. I wonder if any experts in the payment card industry can shed some light on this.
Big35Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:49 PM   #16
CaptainUgly
Banned

Quote:
I came across this thread by a moderator on the Beckett forums and it is the clearest information regarding wait-times I can find anywhere.

The thread is mostly about how the forum isn't the proper place for customers to voice their anger but he also posts the current average wait-time for the non-guaranteed service which is "83 business days as of Sept 27".

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1608876.html

Definitely thanks for the update. Next Friday should be a nice day!! (fingers crossed)
Old 10-04-2017, 04:49 PM   #17
Big35Hurt

How long before the BGS white knights show up and try to deflect the talk to PSA?
Big35Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:57 PM   #18
Wrathofmarcos

Same here. My group sub was in on June 13th. The person who submitted the order called last Friday and the rep told him to expect another 6-7 weeks. That's just insanity. Off to PSA they go from now on.
Wrathofmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:06 PM   #19
CaptainUgly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathofmarcos View Post
Same here. My group sub was in on June 13th. The person who submitted the order called last Friday and the rep told him to expect another 6-7 weeks. That's just insanity. Off to PSA they go from now on.

Damn it...my order was received June 12th...so I'm looking at another 6 weeks? Playoffs will be over...that sucks big time!
Old 10-05-2017, 05:08 AM   #20
speedyjg13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainUgly View Post
Damn it...my order was received June 12th...so I'm looking at another 6 weeks? Playoffs will be over...that sucks big time!
You'd think that if you submit in early June, you'd have them back by the 1st game of the playoffs. Sucks for everyone trying to cash in on the playoffs hype cards get. I can't believe BGS can hold cards as long as they want.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/speedyjg13/albums
speedyjg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:46 AM   #21
Doublexthebeast

I've got a 90+ card order there that they have had since early July. I've really began to get frustrated with them over the last 30 days. I just want to get the order completed so I can be done with them for a while. I'd probably try them again down the road but they will have to improve first. I just sent 4 orders to PSA so they are going to get the bulk of my business for now.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:49 AM   #22
Wrathofmarcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainUgly View Post
We can only hope at this point that they finish it before Thanksgiving the way it's looking now. I understood going into it that it was a nonguaranteed turn around time but it's just not right. And although I really enjoy the Beckett slabs and subgrades, I don't think I can ever spend anymore money with them.
Wrathofmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:12 AM   #23
Rjk214

Good thing it is all subjective on the grading as well. Some random dude determining what is a 9, 9.5, or 10

It has been a sham since they started. For vintage stuff its reasonable only
Old 10-05-2017, 08:13 AM   #24
Mister2Bits

When Beckett announced these awful changes to their program I was pretty vocal about my anger. I had 25 cards in a group sub here on Blowout that was submitted on May 10. We received the cards back on September 20. For those of you counting that was a 134 calendar day turnaround time.

I've accepted it and moved on. The best way to voice displeasure is with you wallet.

May 10th was my last submission with Beckett ever. Since then, I've joined the PSA Collectors Club and submitted 242 items over 4 different submissions. I also have a stack of 94 ready to go as soon as I eclipse 100 or another bulk submission.

Funny thing is, once I gave PSA a chance I realized what I had been missing.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:07 AM   #25
bcubs

PSA is the biggest winner in all of this. BGS is going to run themselves right out of business. Magazines are no longer relevant, website sucks, and now grading service gone to crap. I really would like to know who the decision makers are at Beckett because they have to be some of the dumbest business people ever.
bcubs is offline   Reply With Quote