2023 Football

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 05:01 PM   #1
cardsdownunder

Default LeBron Exquisite /99 - altered & damaged

Mates, i recently came across some troubling news for some LeBron Exquisite rookies /99. I know many collectors are not aware or up-to-date on the scambags of the hobby, so please forward these news for those looking to buy LeBron exquisite rookies!!

The first attachment is 87/99. It was owned by a collector for a long time then sold in March 2013 to someone on the forums. It reappeared with much nicer edges!!! See the damage on the black border on the left/right ungraded, then nice and clean on the BGS 9 grade.

THere is also an issue with this PSA 8 LeBron 40/99.

https://images.psacard.com/s3/cu-psa...745.jpg?h=1000

Look at the left on the black under the UD logo --- you can see a black marker line. I saw this card around 10 years ago in person and it had a large white scratch on it in that same place --- now it is gone.... I have a picture of it ungraded but cannot upload for some reason --- will keep attempting.

While I talk about this card I also want to remind people about old scambags --- lebron 53/99 was trimmed -- see old owner talk about it here - http://www.hobbykings.com/forum/view...a213c85d2d23ad

There is also some that are formerly grade BGS 9 but were later damaged. Card # 74/99 and 64/99 are examples of such.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/attach...3&d=1362028128

^^ see bottom left edge

Then there is #42/99 which I can't find old BO thread on, but was owned by a BO member. The patch window has slits on the top left and bottom right --- was graded Authentic by BGS. Haven't seen this one around in a while --- had a weak 3color patch and always suspected a donkey to try to fake the patch! Hope this isn't the sad case.

Also wanted to say card #63/99 was a one-color patch --- hopefully no one altered it. Just FYI/PSA that it was a one-clr -- I have no knowledge of it being faked... yet...

I don't have photograph proof of trimming for #75/99 and #61/99, but i can tell those are trimmed and know BGS graded them as altered... Public Service Announcement in case they are for sale or PSA grades them!!!

There is only one on ebay i think that is #50/99. This one has yellowing on parts of the card and faded auto --- but is not really advertised as such.....

Be better card community and help stop the scambags!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lebron original 87.99.jpg
Views:	2007
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	438220   Click image for larger version

Name:	LeBron 87.99 BGS 9 TRIMMED.jpg
Views:	2055
Size:	689.7 KB
ID:	438222  
Old 11-26-2018, 05:57 PM   #2
UltimateDeron

I'd really like to see a video of a card of that magnitude getting trimmed. I don't see how they don't mess up or damage the card more.

Last edited by UltimateDeron; 11-26-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:59 PM   #3
bdrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
I'd really like to see a video of a card of that magnitude getting trimmed. I don't see how they don't mess up or damage the card more.
It's like the Wagner story. The grading companies know the card is trimmed, but because of the iconic nature of the item they pass it anyway.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:55 PM   #4
DevinKurant
Banned - PBM

Great post OP!!!!!!!!!

You know there is a Lebron rpa tracker on buynicecards.com

One of the other BO members recently helped him improve his website and it’s interface is top notch. Check it out.

It appears that the owner, Eric Bitz, actually owns number 87/99 so he probably won’t appreciate this post, lol. I’m not insinuating that he trimmed it; perhaps he bought it trimmed. Or perhaps it’s an rpa miracle and the card regenerated its edges. Kind of like how Lebron regenerates every team he goes to. ⤵️

Last edited by DevinKurant; 11-26-2018 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:57 PM   #5
ThoseBackPages

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinKurant View Post
Great post OP!!!!!!!!!

You know there is a Lebron rpa tracker on buynicecards.com

One of the other BO members recently helped him improve his website and it’s interface is top notch. Check it out.

It appears that the owner, Eric Bitz, actually owns number 87/99 so he probably won’t appreciate this post, lol. I’m not insinuating that he trimmed it; perhaps he bought it trimmed. Or perhaps it’s an rpa miracle and the card regenerated its edges. Kind of like how Lebron regenerates every team he goes to. ⤵️
oh my!!!!!!
Politics, Religion, Third Party Grading, and 2021 Bowman's Best Rookie Cards
Old 11-26-2018, 10:27 PM   #6
DevinKurant
Banned - PBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseBackPages View Post
oh my!!!!!!

Wtf!?! Eric at buynicecards also owns 64 and 74. So 64 used to be a 9 and it’s now a 6? He cut out a 9 and damaged it so it’s a 6 now? That doesn’t make sense.

But 74 is still a BGS 9. Another example of card regeneration!!! Lightning strikes twice! ⚡️ ✌️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2018, 11:38 PM   #7
Lee42

Quote:

Kind of like how Lebron regenerates every team he goes to. ⤵️
Much like his hairline regenerates multiple times during the season.......
Old 11-26-2018, 11:38 PM   #8
DevinKurant
Banned - PBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee42 View Post
Much like his hairline regenerates multiple times during the season.......

Lol. You win. Yours was better.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:04 AM   #9
rookies

A few high end other members I know have huge problems with Buynicecards. The guy has trimmed countless cards KD ones included.
The 74 was my card. It went straight to him in a trade. It graded originally a 7.5. He then screwed me over on 3k in a trade (but who cares). That said I have lots of pictures of the 74/99 lebron and the card is about as altered as can be. I then got a picture a month later seeing it in a 9 case. Pretty funny. Countless other lebrons he has are altered I have heard. Mcghaee21 posted about this as well nobody cared to comment because buynicecards has such a following but who cares. I would feel sick if someone paid 200k for a fake card I knew was fake and I didnt speak up. So there ya have it.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:51 AM   #10
the27guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookies View Post
A few high end other members I know have huge problems with Buynicecards. The guy has trimmed countless cards KD ones included.
The 74 was my card. It went straight to him in a trade. It graded originally a 7.5. He then screwed me over on 3k in a trade (but who cares). That said I have lots of pictures of the 74/99 lebron and the card is about as altered as can be. I then got a picture a month later seeing it in a 9 case. Pretty funny. Countless other lebrons he has are altered I have heard. Mcghaee21 posted about this as well nobody cared to comment because buynicecards has such a following but who cares. I would feel sick if someone paid 200k for a fake card I knew was fake and I didnt speak up. So there ya have it.
Very serious accusations.

This would surprise me very much, but none of us are beyond reproach in the hobby.

Was there no step between you and Eric on #74? The card didn’t first land with somebody else?
Old 11-27-2018, 01:19 AM   #11
DevinKurant
Banned - PBM

Quote:

Thanks for speaking up. And not to start anything, but most people take Mcghee21 with a grain of salt. He started a witch hunt on a panini employee for God’s sake. Then factor in his multiple other complaints about BGS grading and the other hundreds of combative remarks he litters the threads with. Full disclosure, he welcomed me to BO by accusing me of scamming him on a eBay return. He never told me what the card was nor would he accept my apology..or tell me HOW i scammed him. Sorry for the digression.

Last edited by DevinKurant; 11-27-2018 at 01:25 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:30 AM   #12
the27guy

Quote:
Thanks for speaking up. And not to start anything, but most people take Mcghee21 with a grain of salt. He started a witch hunt on a panini employee for God’s sake. Then factor in his multiple other complaints about BGS grading and the other hundreds of combative remarks he litters the threads with. Full disclosure, he welcomed me to BO by accusing me of scamming him on a eBay return. He never told me what the card was nor would he accept my apology..or tell me HOW i scammed him. Sorry for the digression.
He’s also one of the best detectives on BO. I don’t always agree with him, but when he’s made accusations of guys doing shady stuff, he’s been a very valuable resource to the boards.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:41 AM   #13
DevinKurant
Banned - PBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the27guy View Post
He’s also one of the best detectives on BO. I don’t always agree with him, but when he’s made accusations of guys doing shady stuff, he’s been a very valuable resource to the boards.

Good to know. I just joined BO 5 months ago. Sampling error on my part. Sorry McGhahee21.

Old 11-27-2018, 01:42 AM   #14
the27guy

Quote:
Good to know. I just joined BO 5 months ago. Sampling error on my part. Sorry McGhahee21.

You’re good man. He’s had a few moments that haven’t been pretty. Lol.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:08 AM   #15
theLUCKYshow

Woah this thread is much more than I was expecting. Trimming is a big deal. I hope that some answers come from this.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2018, 03:27 AM   #16
rookies

Quote:
He is. Hes great at that I dont know or focus on anything else but hes very helpful and has real knowledge. Anytime I have talked to him on PM's hes been super helpful. I also cracked the wigginswolf guy for fake patches. I follow all rookies as most know but I really follow the popular ones.

That said I cant confirm anything that people do we dont have a direct video possible haha. Where theres smoke theres fire though. I just wanted to post my .02 on the 74/99 I dont care who cut the card, but the card was cut on the left side. Dont just buy a card do some research if you're dropping 6 figures.

On a side note WATCH OUT FOR GIANNIS NT RPA's. The centering is bad on all the cards. And with him being THE next guy...... do research. I got someone from philippines who sent me a pic of a Giannis I wanted to buy and it looked too perfect on centering almost like the left side was smaller than the right side. It was ungraded I assume because it came back altered and he cut too much.
If anything is taken away from thread its just do research.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:50 AM   #17
yaoming

Wow
Cant believe people will do this to
One of the most iconic cards ...

When it comes to exquisites cards, i really dont care about grade, they all have chipping and that s okay

I believe the KD exquisite RPA has its own issue with patch replacement

Old 11-27-2018, 07:04 AM   #18
bballcards4days

Old 11-27-2018, 09:42 AM   #19
DajuanWagner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrr View Post
It's like the Wagner story. The grading companies know the card is trimmed, but because of the iconic nature of the item they pass it anyway.

I disagree with this...……..
Old 11-27-2018, 10:48 AM   #20
minnesotachill

The BGS 9 Lebron looks like it was part of a 4-card BGS sub in 2015

1. Lebron Exquisite
2. Bill Russell Exquisite Flashback https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...ack-1873119705
3. Kareem Exquisite Flashback - graded BGS 9, then was later bumped to a 9.5
(google search shows it was for sale on buynicecards)
4. Tiger Exquisite
Old 11-27-2018, 12:00 PM   #21
the27guy

Quote:
The 74 was my card. It went straight to him in a trade.
Quote:
That said I cant confirm anything that people do we dont have a direct video possible haha. Where theres smoke theres fire though. I just wanted to post my .02 on the 74/99 I dont care who cut the card, but the card was cut on the left side. Dont just buy a card do some research if you're dropping 6 figures.
Rookies,

I have copied and pasted the most crucial things you have said in your past couple of posts above.

You are well known in this hobby. Your opinion really matters. Now, having said that, you can't undo what you've posted about Eric (BuyNicecards) up above. You've said it, and I feel like we need to now find out what's happened. This is a delicate situation for several reasons.

From Eric's perspective - I wouldn't want to post in reply to you here because, well, at a minimum, it's damaging to the value of the #74/99 Lebron James Exquisite rookie. If he purchased the card already trimmed, then the value of his card is damaged. And if what you are saying above (that it went straight from you) and then he trimmed it..... That's realllllly bad. Not kind of bad. Really really bad. So it's important that you reiterate or clarify what's happening here. Was there someone else who it went to first? Or did it go straight to Eric? Because somebody trimmed it. Finding out who is important.

My experience with Eric has been positive. I say that despite him winning at every trade we've ever made. If he's not the smartest guy in the room, I don't know who is. But he's been fair with me. So hearing a suggestion that he's been trimming is not something that I'm going to buy without some very compelling evidence.

So, in my opinion, for Eric's sake (or detriment) it's now your responsibility to stake your reputation on this situation. It's that important. If I was in your situation, I would now, in full disclosure and transparency explain every detail of that 74/99.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:33 PM   #22
chuckerrrr

Wow!!! Just read the whole thread. Someone trimmed one of these??? Crazy. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

Old 11-27-2018, 01:27 PM   #23
AbraCalabro
Temporarily Suspended

Question

Quote:
Rookies,

I have copied and pasted the most crucial things you have said in your past couple of posts above.

You are well known in this hobby. Your opinion really matters. Now, having said that, you can't undo what you've posted about Eric (BuyNicecards) up above. You've said it, and I feel like we need to now find out what's happened. This is a delicate situation for several reasons.

From Eric's perspective - I wouldn't want to post in reply to you here because, well, at a minimum, it's damaging to the value of the #74/99 Lebron James Exquisite rookie. If he purchased the card already trimmed, then the value of his card is damaged. And if what you are saying above (that it went straight from you) and then he trimmed it..... That's realllllly bad. Not kind of bad. Really really bad. So it's important that you reiterate or clarify what's happening here. Was there someone else who it went to first? Or did it go straight to Eric? Because somebody trimmed it. Finding out who is important.

My experience with Eric has been positive. I say that despite him winning at every trade we've ever made. If he's not the smartest guy in the room, I don't know who is. But he's been fair with me. So hearing a suggestion that he's been trimming is not something that I'm going to buy without some very compelling evidence.

So, in my opinion, for Eric's sake (or detriment) it's now your responsibility to stake your reputation on this situation. It's that important. If I was in your situation, I would now, in full disclosure and transparency explain every detail of that 74/99.
Just curious, is scamming and shilling equally as bad as bad as trimming, or is trimming worse? Because I know for a fact that people can do unsavory things and still be considered good guys in the hobby as long as they service the right people. This has nothing to do with BuyNiceCards by the way, I never had any interaction with him. I'm asking in a general capacity.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:36 PM   #24
discostu

Quote:
Rookies,

Really weird post.

You want to save what rookies posted, where he seems to state what happened (he traded the card to Eric/buynicecards and poof, the card gets graded and shows a clearly trimmed edge that was not there before). Seems pretty clear to me what rookies is saying. He didn't say he know Eric trimmed it, he simply knows who he traded it to and then it appeared in the same owners hands graded and trimmed.

That said, the onus of "full disclosure and transparency" does not appear to be on rookies, but on Eric. As others have stated, this does not appear to be an isolated incident regarding trimming with Eric.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:37 PM   #25
smalltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbraCalabro View Post
people can do unsavory things and still be considered good guys in the hobby as long as they service the right people.
This is very true. Not just in this hobby but in most aspects of life.
Closed Thread