Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Topps Now & The Living Sets

Notices

Topps Now & The Living Sets Post your Topps Now Hobby Talk

Old 01-15-2019, 12:57 PM   #1
Platman

Default 2019 Topps NOW

I wonder if it's because we are all just busy or if there is an underlying reason that the 2019 thread is just now posted. We were so excited about the start of the 2018 thread it was up and running 11 days before the new year!

Unreal that this is already the FOURTH year of NOW. As we start ramping up for the new season and some pretty big names are still looking for a home, we know the carboard archives are not too far from hitting the presses.

We have not heard much from Jeeves and the crew for a bit, and it seems the threads have slowed down a bit on BO. Did anyone get a Christmas card with a discount card?

As I look for storage space for the collection including 2019 acquisitions, I see a number of items that will make it onto the market when I have time to do something other than work. Some items I may have waited too long, as happens in the hobby all the time. Que será, será.

As far as the new year, can't wait for July and to have the ASG with Tribe HTA. Guess that's fittingly Home Tribe Advantage for we friends of the feather. Not sure what will be in store for events and promos, just hope for memorable experiences and a chance to meet more members of the forum, BO and the facebook page.

Enjoy the ride, so let's get this year underway!

OH, and as I was finishing this up, Jeeves responded back with a few words for us...

"Lots of things cooking here. Something big happening to the website this week. Working on an entirely new Topps NOW feature to debut at spring training but details are still being finalized.

Platinum members will get an update about the platinum program next week.

Best,

Jeeves"
Platman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:01 PM   #2
Platman

****Placeholder for indexing big events/posts, or to just make life easier for TN Fans****

2016 Main Topps NOW Thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=988573
2017 Main Topps NOW Thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1081099
2018 Main Topps NOW Thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1174757

Last edited by Platman; 01-17-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Platman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:12 PM   #3
mlbexpert

Dang... can't believe it has been 4 years.

Not sure how active I'll be in Now this year. If anything, I've tried to narrow my focus on cards and cutback on non-PC...think I might be selling old more than buying new.

Let's see what the changes are!
mlbexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:13 PM   #4
TwinsJake

Looking forward to ST-1!
TwinsJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:15 PM   #5
notoriousrmb

Really looking forward to 2019 cards, but also cutting way back on any RCs as it seems any big name rookie ends up with 10+ cards at the end of the year for any arbitrary accomplishment. Not going to fool me again with that!

Team set plus significant milestones only for me this year. Anyone else have goals/plans for this years offering?
notoriousrmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:18 PM   #6
Americards

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbexpert View Post
Dang... can't believe it has been 4 years.

Not sure how active I'll be in Now this year. If anything, I've tried to narrow my focus on cards and cutback on non-PC...think I might be selling old more than buying new.

Let's see what the changes are!
Can't believe it, because it hasn't been 4 years, It hasn't even been 3 years yet
Americards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:11 PM   #7
mlbexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americards View Post
Can't believe it, because it hasn't been 4 years, It hasn't even been 3 years yet
Haha. Fair enough. I’ll edit my statement to “I can’t beliebe we are heading into our fourth season of Now”

Feels like just yesterday I was F5 for mystery autos/relics hoping they’d realease something cool.
mlbexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:25 PM   #8
kpete42

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousrmb View Post
Really looking forward to 2019 cards, but also cutting way back on any RCs as it seems any big name rookie ends up with 10+ cards at the end of the year for any arbitrary accomplishment. Not going to fool me again with that!

Team set plus significant milestones only for me this year. Anyone else have goals/plans for this years offering?
I’ll be cutting way back as well. Probably sticking to mostly autos and relics this year and not as many base cards.
kpete42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:29 PM   #9
mlbfan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpete42 View Post
I’ll be cutting way back as well. Probably sticking to mostly autos and relics this year and not as many base cards.
What I'm thinking as well

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-15-2019, 07:31 PM   #10
mwheeler27

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousrmb View Post
Anyone else have goals/plans for this years offering?
Buying them all.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:01 PM   #11
Lawmaker

all down on a few relics though
Lawmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:02 PM   #12
mlbfan10

I may put together one Braves base set as well

Old 01-15-2019, 08:18 PM   #13
speedyjg13

I'm gonna stop buying the auto cards blindly through platinum members not even knowing how much the card will cost.

I will now search for whatever card on eBay 6 months after the card goes live. That's where you see the true value of the card.
speedyjg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 09:20 PM   #14
robert67

Blah blah blah.

Last edited by robert67; 02-04-2019 at 01:05 PM.
robert67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:20 AM   #15
joejoemay

I’m sure the design will be different then The Soccer Cards...my hope is for at least bigger numbers on the back!
As for autographs, I feel the same way...it does seem cheaper to just get them later on, but i’ll Take it one autograph at a time...some I don’t mind paying a little premium for. Still looking at running my buyers club for all Baseball buyers as well as team buyers but have just a few committed so if I don’t get more i’ll Just collect for myself. Love the set but don’t have the desire to flip for pennies...others can do that and if it means I fall out of the Platinum club so be it. I’m excited for the new website...any thoughts on what it should have?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ToppsNow
joejoemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:36 AM   #16
mwheeler27

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert67 View Post
Also, if they use the current Premier League design I may not buy a single card.
I actually like the PL design, but also don’t think baseball will be the same.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:42 AM   #17
TwinsJake

Looks like that new site is rolling out today. It's down for maintenance right now.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:07 AM   #18
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsJake View Post
Looks like that new site is rolling out today. It's down for maintenance right now.
Saw that...going to be rocky at first I bet. Lets try and hold our criticizers or at least put them on stun

We know they read these and from past experience message boards are just a place where people put you down for doing the best job you can. No one goes into work going "I'm going to do a sh1tty job today" so I think we as a community should try and be more positive. Criticize but constructively...I know if I had to read (and they do have too...it's part of the job) the constant barrage of how bad I suck at my job every day, I'd be "Screw these a$$holes".

Now hopefully everyone got their Living buy in!
Old 01-16-2019, 09:17 AM   #19
okumeister

Quote:
They are not going to let me buy the Topps Living from last week!
Old 01-16-2019, 09:19 AM   #20
TwinsJake

Living PRs were going to be low this week anyway but that's a very good point. A lot of people who would have made their buy this morning before work might miss out. It would be nice if they extend this week a day.

As always my main complaint is quality control. Figure that part out and I'm happy. These past 3 months have been a disaster. Some criticism should be expected for that. I think that's fair. Other than that massive headache, I enjoy this. I'm up 2-3 AM every day working on cards.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:12 AM   #21
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by okumeister View Post
They are not going to let me buy the Topps Living from last week!
Will be back up this afternoon and clock was pushed back
Old 01-16-2019, 10:13 AM   #22
joejoemay

Quote:
Living PRs were going to be low this week anyway but that's a very good point. A lot of people who would have made their buy this morning before work might miss out. It would be nice if they extend this week a day.

As always my main complaint is quality control. Figure that part out and I'm happy. These past 3 months have been a disaster. Some criticism should be expected for that. I think that's fair. Other than that massive headache, I enjoy this. I'm up 2-3 AM every day working on cards.
QC, is has and seems will always be an issue...fire away on that. I was more talking about the website.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:19 AM   #23
mlbfan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoemay View Post
I’m sure the design will be different then The Soccer Cards...my hope is for at least bigger numbers on the back!
As for autographs, I feel the same way...it does seem cheaper to just get them later on, but i’ll Take it one autograph at a time...some I don’t mind paying a little premium for. Still looking at running my buyers club for all Baseball buyers as well as team buyers but have just a few committed so if I don’t get more i’ll Just collect for myself. Love the set but don’t have the desire to flip for pennies...others can do that and if it means I fall out of the Platinum club so be it. I’m excited for the new website...any thoughts on what it should have?
I look at these Topps NOW autograph offerings similar to private signings. Your going to pay more to get what you want signed and in tiers for additional things like inscription, in this case lower numbered autographs. These autos still mean more to me than a random pack pulled auto that's for sure.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:02 PM   #24
TwinsJake

No deliveries yesterday or today. Must be setting me up for one of those 10+ package days. Gives me a chance to do inventory and update listings! Not a bad day! Watching tons of Netflix murder docuseries and banging away on the Bay!
Old 01-16-2019, 01:00 PM   #25
javabuddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoemay View Post
I would love to see the ability to set up recurring weekly buys instead of having to manually do it every week. For example, I want to buy 1 bundle of TLS and 2 of Star Wars, then I should be able to just set that up and let it go until the set ends or I stop it.
javabuddha is offline   Reply With Quote