Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction netflix add

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-24-2020, 01:02 AM   #1
Jopeal

Default Pippen Metal Gem Masters? Did I just make a Rare purchase or am I delusional?

Ok, yeah it’s a little late and we’ve all been dealing with the effects of stay-at-home order for awhiiillleee but did I just make a rare find and purchase scouring ebay at 1am est?
Experts please help me!

The card in question:
1998-99 Scottie Pippen Metal Universe Gem Masters 1/1

It was listed today on ebay and when I looked the listing over I could not find a legitimate reason why it was an inauthentic card. The photos aren’t stellar (could be worse), but I have requested further photos from the seller and assume I’ll hear back in the morning.
The BIN was high (by my standards of collecting) but reasonable for this rarity of card and the seller is 100% feedback with 1400 reviews selling from Illinois.

Is it possible this card is legit? Happy for all feedback as this is a big purchase for me.

I’m going to check back in this thread in the morning.

Last edited by iluvfish2; 04-24-2020 at 06:06 AM. Reason: if sale doesnt go through then seller (and forum) member get called out
Jopeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:07 AM   #2
Waxingeloquence

Post a picture please!!!!!
Waxingeloquence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:08 AM   #3
rhigh2390

Link?
rhigh2390 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:09 AM   #4
czyankeefan

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-99-Sky...p2047675.l2557

Looks like this is it?
Old 04-24-2020, 01:10 AM   #5
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

Well. If it was legit, this thread just destroyed any chance you had of receiving it.
#5 world ranked Ledell Eackles superclection as recognized by Tuff Stuff junior managing editor, Barry McCaulkinner.
Somethin' like a cross between Teddy Aguhob and Kaboom Mystery Packs. I got that Givenchy denim flow.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:11 AM   #6
Jopeal

[QUOTE=rhigh2390;15804383]Link?

Link above

Last edited by Jopeal; 04-24-2020 at 01:14 AM.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:13 AM   #7
Jopeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Well. If it was legit, this thread just destroyed any chance you had of receiving it.
Why? My purchase on ebay from a reputable seller means nothing?
Old 04-24-2020, 01:14 AM   #8
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopeal View Post
I've seen this story one too many times. Considering this is a grail and arguably one of the greatest 90's cards ever created, I'd be weary of posting any 'deals' before actually receiving it in hand. Just my 2 testes.
#5 world ranked Ledell Eackles superclection as recognized by Tuff Stuff junior managing editor, Barry McCaulkinner.
Somethin' like a cross between Teddy Aguhob and Kaboom Mystery Packs. I got that Givenchy denim flow.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:15 AM   #9
salthill

Quote:

They mean people here will see this, reach out to the seller and offer them more, and the seller will back out of your sale.
salthill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:18 AM   #10
al3xmac10

The card looks legit to me;
Congratulations Jopeal, I think you struck gold!
Instagram: al3xmac10 Looking for Lebron 2003 Exquisite Autos, [Ichiro 2016 Topps Now AUTO /10 #154] & Tanaka 2014 Allen Ginter WOOD 1/1 RC http://myslabs.to/05b46dd7-1ccd-471c-b444-8f8727b81990
al3xmac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:19 AM   #11
cowboyzqna

That is a 5k card all day imho.

Have to agree w/ ninja here... Post a steal once ita in hand. Never before.

cowboyzqna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:22 AM   #12
Jopeal

Quote:
I've seen this story one too many times. Considering this is a grail and arguably one of the greatest 90's cards ever created, I'd be weary of posting any 'deals' before actually receiving it in hand. Just my 2 testes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salthill View Post
They mean people here will see this, reach out to the seller and offer them more, and the seller will back out of your sale.
I’m just a normal guy who tries to be honest and forthcoming in life and if I can’t make a legitimate and straight forward transaction and can’t trust a community of people in this hobby/industry/whatever then good riddance.
I’m not in this game to make a million dollars or be some bigtime hustler, Just collect & trade cards, talk sports and have fun.

I can’t really afford to be scammed/hustled and if people want to take a rare find out from under me that’s their weird karma not mine.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:25 AM   #13
Jopeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3xmac10 View Post
The card looks legit to me;
Congratulations Jopeal, I think you struck gold!
Thank you brother! I hope it is 100% and it will end well.
I’m not concerned with the seller as he has a very good ebay record.

Last edited by Jopeal; 04-24-2020 at 01:30 AM.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:26 AM   #14
Waxingeloquence

Bro just pay it off asap, and hope the seller and people here are decent people.
Waxingeloquence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:32 AM   #15
hairyangryfella

That seller is a moron. Says what the card is in the description yet in the title keeps it vague...

No idea if people have faked that card or if the seller actually has it, but if legit that seems like a steal.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:33 AM   #16
dgr81

i would pay for it ASAP
dgr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:39 AM   #17
VIII

This is like 5 oz of Gold if you do receive the card. Congrats. Steal of the year.
VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:40 AM   #18
Justin7

I believe I found the seller's blowout account- https://www.blowoutforums.com/member.php?u=15585. Has not been on in a minute. More of a baseball guy which may explain the potential steal, if legit. Good luck completing the transaction, I recommend paying immediately if you have not done so yet.
Justin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:43 AM   #19
ninjacookies

Quote:
I’m just a normal guy who tries to be honest and forthcoming in life and if I can’t make a legitimate and straight forward transaction and can’t trust a community of people in this hobby/industry/whatever then good riddance.
I’m not in this game to make a million dollars or be some bigtime hustler, Just collect & trade cards, talk sports and have fun.

I can’t really afford to be scammed/hustled and if people want to take a rare find out from under me that’s their weird karma not mine.
I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I'm just telling you the reality of things.

There are many current members and/or lurkers that don't have your best interests in mind. Money almost always trumps ethics in this 'hobby.' Hope you get it though.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:45 AM   #20
Jopeal

I just want to clarify that I have no intention of stealing anything but understand this is how financial things can be talked about. I appreciate the supportive words as others seem to be implying this card is authentic, which was the original intent of the thread.

Yes I am happy to potentially add a rare card from an NBA legend.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:49 AM   #21
Jopeal

Quote:
I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I'm just telling you the reality of things.

There are many current members and/or lurkers that don't have your best interests in mind. Money almost always trumps ethics in this 'hobby.' Hope you get it though.
Thank you ninja. I did not think you were saying anything negative, only shedding light on the situation. I’m not out to hustle anyone and I think this thread could be an important way of documenting this purchase and the possible difficulties of maneuvering this hobby.

I am happy that this thread is doing as intended, which is to document this card purchase and engage the community about some of issues facing this hobby.

All comments are welcome! Thanks guys
Old 04-24-2020, 02:35 AM   #22
ninjacookies

Quote:
Thank you ninja. I did not think you were saying anything negative, only shedding light on the situation. I’m not out to hustle anyone and I think this thread could be an important way of documenting this purchase and the possible difficulties of maneuvering this hobby.

I am happy that this thread is doing as intended, which is to document this card purchase and engage the community about some of issues facing this hobby.

All comments are welcome! Thanks guys
Certainly rooting for ya.

It's a positive sign that his selling history seems to revolve solely around 90's inserts. That's a mega card.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:44 AM   #23
pejc300

Inb4 phdbeckett sends the seller a message and tells him it’s worth a lot more. .0764 chance OP sees that card in hand
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 03:45 AM   #24
deemsterz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejc300 View Post
Inb4 phdbeckett sends the seller a message and tells him it’s worth a lot more. .0764 chance OP sees that card in hand
Oh snap!
deemsterz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 03:47 AM   #25
August2308

There is also this pippen 1/1 on ebay right now, just wondering how much this one will end, curious why the autograph only got 9.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-ULTIMAT...oAAOSwE7BenFMQ
August2308 is offline   Reply With Quote