Blowout Cards Forums
2024 Baseball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASKETBALL BOX & CASE BREAKS

Notices

BASKETBALL BOX & CASE BREAKS Post your BASKETBALL Box & Case Breaks Here!

Old 08-10-2021, 09:33 AM   #1
ychui1

Send a message via Yahoo to ychui1
Default 2007-08 Topps Basketball Gravity Feed Box Break

A friend of mine came over to lend a hand, 2 of my kids also joined the fun at my storage unit. One shipping box was a case of 2007-08 Topps Basketball Gravity Feed (6 boxes case), after opening the top flap of the case, saw it only contained 5 out of the 6 boxes all still sealed (looks like I opened 1 of the box and left the other 5 boxes intacted). Took 1 of the 5 home to open. Had a magnificent dinner and for our main snack, we opened/ripped thru the 48 packs of the gravity feed box, ended up with 3 Durant RC black (centering is not great) and 2 Durant ‘57 RC. Since my friend was such I great help, I gave him 1 of the ‘57 RC. Enjoy the pics, let me know if I did good or not, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ychui1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 09:58 AM   #2
Beavers98

Very Nice. What is the configuration of the Gravity, how many packs? I opened a lot of 07-08, but never any of these, mainly just Hobby boxes.
Beavers98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 12:42 PM   #3
ychui1

48 packs to a Gravity Feed Box, 6 boxes to a case. 4 unopened boxes left, should I rip them all or should I sell some, haha. Was a fun rip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavers98 View Post
Very Nice. What is the configuration of the Gravity, how many packs? I opened a lot of 07-08, but never any of these, mainly just Hobby boxes.
Old 08-11-2021, 03:36 PM   #4
Beavers98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ychui1 View Post
48 packs to a Gravity Feed Box, 6 boxes to a case. 4 unopened boxes left, should I rip them all or should I sell some, haha. Was a fun rip.
Well I assume you're into them for nothing, (relatively speaking), so it's really just gravy from here on out, as you can't really go wrong.

Looks like you had fun opening, maybe do that one more time. and while I don't grade much (had cards stolen in transit so I'm bitter) it sure is where the money is. Grade the Durants from the 2 boxes and maybe some other numbered stars you may come across. Sell a Box, save the other 2 boxes and see what happens and have this discussion/decision again in a year or two etc.. Or add another box to the open or sell column and keep one. Either way, I'd diversify a little bit with what I did between opening, grading, selling, keeping, maybe sets etc. Still guarantee a nice profit and have some fun.
Beavers98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 03:52 PM   #5
big4mi2ke0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ychui1 View Post
If they've been in storage for a long time, I figure you got it for fairly cheap, so if money is the main object, sell the boxes, but if the chase for a nice gem mint durant is a stronger feeling then go for it haha.
big4mi2ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 07:57 AM   #6
ychui1

Think I paid $300 for the case of 6 boxes, so definitely gotten it at extremely low cost. Comes out to about $1 a pack, wish I can get $1 packs now, haha. My son really wants us to open the remaining 4 boxes but I’m still hesitant, if the Durants had come out really centered from the box we opened, I would have opened an additional box or two. Maybe we revisit these unopened boxes in 5 years and have some more fun. Thanks for all the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavers98 View Post
Well I assume you're into them for nothing, (relatively speaking), so it's really just gravy from here on out, as you can't really go wrong.

Looks like you had fun opening, maybe do that one more time. and while I don't grade much (had cards stolen in transit so I'm bitter) it sure is where the money is. Grade the Durants from the 2 boxes and maybe some other numbered stars you may come across. Sell a Box, save the other 2 boxes and see what happens and have this discussion/decision again in a year or two etc.. Or add another box to the open or sell column and keep one. Either way, I'd diversify a little bit with what I did between opening, grading, selling, keeping, maybe sets etc. Still guarantee a nice profit and have some fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by big4mi2ke0 View Post
If they've been in storage for a long time, I figure you got it for fairly cheap, so if money is the main object, sell the boxes, but if the chase for a nice gem mint durant is a stronger feeling then go for it haha.