Thumbs down SICKENING!

1997/98 FINEST MICHAEL JORDAN EMBOSSED GOLD REFRACTOR #/74 - BGS 9 + | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-HOOPS-H...#ht_858wt_1163

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-97-E-X2...ht_1181wt_1163

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-97-Flai...#ht_509wt_1396

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BGS-9-5-MICH...ht_4264wt_1163

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-EX-CRED...#ht_568wt_1163

http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-97-MICHAE...#ht_636wt_1396

This MJ craze, now lead by Natsturner ... is OUT OF HAND.

These cards are only worth a FRACTION of the prices they're getting at auction.

The hobby is becoming a huge extortion ring.

Last edited by paul06901; 11-30-2011 at 09:29 PM.
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
nissandriver77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
1997/98 FINEST MICHAEL JORDAN EMBOSSED GOLD REFRACTOR #/74 - BGS 9 + | eBay

This MJ craze, now lead by Natsturner ... is OUT OF HAND.

These cards are only worth a FRACTION of the prices they're getting at auction.

The hobby is becoming a huge extortion ring.

Oh well it's there money to waste let them , I would never invest that sort of coin in this hobby , certain people take this hobby to far and make it a lifestyle and it is there option to do so.
If you show anyone that is not involved in this hobby those figures all they say are you people insane ?

Nats getting milked in a big way and he seems to like it , I guess he is getting some status in the hobby from all the groupies and that fullfills his life so kudos to him if it makes him happy go for it .
nissandriver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
cruiserdaddy7

I dont get why people insult others based on what they pay for an item they want. Guess what, there was a bidder under alot of these guys who wanted the item 1 bid less. The market for these is HOT! Dont be angry or jealous you arent the seller or the buyer. If you werent jealous, why else would you guys be insulting someone for spending their hard earned money?
Old 11-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #4
paul06901
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
I dont get why people insult others based on what they pay for an item they want. Guess what, there was a bidder under alot of these guys who wanted the item 1 bid less. The market for these is HOT! Dont be angry or jealous you arent the seller or the buyer. If you werent jealous, why else would you guys be insulting someone for spending their hard earned money?
Not jealous at all.

More so upset at the fact he does not care that he is being extorted.

The reason for this is that it is ruining the hobby. More and more sellers are beginning to manipulate their auctions, shilling is at its WORST currently.

I care about the sanctity of the hobby, not jealous whatsoever. I just want to guy to get what he pays for, and not be manipulated ... knowingly or unknowingly ... ITS NOT RIGHT!
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
dmogull
Banned

how is he being extorted? he is willingly buying the stuff...no one is holding a gun to head and commanding him to bid on the cards. he bought the cards from many different sellers, so unless there is just one or two perpetrators shilling every MJ auction in hopes Nat will win it, I can't see how there's any foul play involved.
dmogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #6
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmogull View Post
how is he being extorted? he is willingly buying the stuff...no one is holding a gun to head and commanding him to bid on the cards. he bought the cards from many different sellers, so unless there is just one or two perpetrators shilling every MJ auction in hopes Nat will win it, I can't see how there's any foul play involved.
LOL, I didnt even want to touch the topic of extortion. Maybe the seller has something on the buyer so he HAD to pay that much lol.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Paul, glad to see you continue what I started... That's right suckas, I started this way back!

I remember the "famous" PMG Red/100 sitting for a year or so at $550 BIN with no takers, no @^*^#*Y takers at all. Then of course the scammers had a dream... and the rest is scam history. They deceided to scoop up all the cheap Jordans they could, include that $550 BIN and took it from there.

If this piece of crap card was hyped to $7,500.00, what should the PMG be fasely hyped to now? 100K!!!? They wish... The PMG would still be a $300 card if they didn't @^#(*^(8 with it.

eBay.com Item Bid History

Check out the link above, the bid history for the card that "sold" for $7,500.00. I especially like that "Entered wrong amount" at the bottom of that page, by bidder n***k( 1080) in the amount of: Retracted: US $7,999.99

If anybody thinks that ANY of the bids are legit then there's no help for you......... It's all fake hype to make their stock pile more valuable, and you morons who believe it are just helping their cause.

Paul, you say this is getting out of hand? At this point it's CRIMINAL!!!! Forget out of hand. Out of hand is when they took a high BIN of $550 for a PMG and pimped it for $1,200... But it's way beyond that now.

Anyway, i'm done with this topic, although I will help out here and there if I could, but i'm letting the little hommies finish them off HAHAHAHAHA
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #8
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
LOL, I didnt even want to touch the topic of extortion. Maybe the seller has something on the buyer so he HAD to pay that much lol.
Yeah ok Mickey blue eyes... lol
Old 11-30-2011, 10:12 PM   #9
Orangejello727

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmogull View Post

Its not extorsion. Its more a bias perception and setting artificially inflated prices based on a very small market of buyers. Nats is essentially setting market trends and prices based on his bids and the 2nd highest bidder who is bidding just for the sake of trying to make nats pay more. Thats the issue at hand.

As for your statement on nat williningly buying these cards? Dont forget american citizens williningly took predatory loans from banks and look where that got everyone. I mean everyone not just those who fell for mortgages and extended credit that took them underwater. The point is that we all have to suffer because of the actions of a few.

Dont get me wrong. IM actually all for this. I want everyone in this industry to spend all of their money and over pay for everything out there so that you are forced to sell your houses and declare bankruptcy so I can come along and buy your assets up for a fraction of what they are worth when the bank comes calling . lol

On a serious note. I dont care what anyone spends on cards, so I agree with you that anyone can do what they want and spend what they want. Hell its an unregulated industry, let people do whatever they want. Just like Goldman Sachs, I think every one is entitled to taking advantage of others!!

Last edited by Orangejello727; 11-30-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Orangejello727 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #10
bettydaw1970

mainly jealousy, but a few guys in the hobby, i will include myself in that few that love every aspect about the hobby, the talking about it, the history, the way a player performs and its influence on the his cards..card designs, difrent scarcities, i find it fascinating..
i dont mind these types at all buying these cards.....

its the kind that oh lets say they inherited a few million bucks, that go out and just buy every high dollar card there is that kind of irks me (but thats my problem tough #@#@#@#@ for me)
and they post them on a board..
hairy said somthing once about 1 of these guys that i thought was so funny and true.. he merly said..

congrats, you have alot of money..

but guys like this are great for the economy....
a guy like this that becomes a costumer at a struggling card store is a godsend..

i collect basketball patch cards..

Last edited by bettydaw1970; 11-30-2011 at 10:21 PM.
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #11
lemur01

That is a lot of money to pay for those inserts.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #12
TheFreak

There are several people in this forum who acts like a baby, crying over every single transaction telling people cards are overpriced, shilled, etc.

There are people who have $$ to burn. They spend a thousand is like we spend a dollar. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Yeah, you don't think this is fair, work hard and earn more.

What makes you think these cards only worth a fraction of the price? Just because you think it's overpriced doesn't mean everyone will agree with you. I personally don't know why those art paintings worth millions. I don't go on blog and start critizing others saying it's overpriced.

You don't like this hobby? Stop visiting BO and go read a book. That will probably make you become more educated.
TheFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:44 PM   #13
dmogull
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Its not extorsion. Its more a bias perception and setting artificially inflated prices based on a very small market of buyers. Nats is essentially setting market trends and prices based on his bids and the 2nd highest bidder who is bidding just for the sake of trying to make nats pay more. Thats the issue at hand.

As for your statement on nat williningly buying these cards? Dont forget american citizens williningly took predatory loans from banks and look where that got everyone. I mean everyone not just those who fell for mortgages and extended credit that took them underwater. The point is that we all have to suffer because of the actions of a few.

Dont get me wrong. IM actually all for this. I want everyone in this industry to spend all of their money and over pay for everything out there so that you are forced to sell your houses and declare bankruptcy so I can come along and buy your assets up for a fraction of what they are worth when the bank comes calling . lol

On a serious note. I dont care what anyone spends on cards, so I agree with you that anyone can do what they want and spend what they want. Hell its an unregulated industry, let people do whatever they want. Just like Goldman Sachs, I think every one is entitled to taking advantage of others!!
There's no real way to know this....the 2nd highest bidder may very well have been trying to win the card. MJ auctions have been setting records left and right...add an overzealous and deep pocketed collector to the mix and you're almost guaranteed to see exorbitant prices realized.

Let's just be happy Nat decided to spend his small fortune on basketball cards and not coins or stamps.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:46 PM   #14
dmogull
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFreak View Post
There are several people in this forum who acts like a baby, crying over every single transaction telling people cards are overpriced, shilled, etc.

There are people who have $$ to burn. They spend a thousand is like we spend a dollar. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Yeah, you don't think this is fair, work hard and earn more.

What makes you think these cards only worth a fraction of the price? Just because you think it's overpriced doesn't mean everyone will agree with you. I personally don't know why those art paintings worth millions. I don't go on blog and start critizing others saying it's overpriced.

You don't like this hobby? Stop visiting BO and go read a book. That will probably make you become more educated.
haha, get em Calvin!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #15
Sickcards
Banned

Quote:
They hate because they cant afford it
Sickcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #16
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Who in the world is Nat they speak of?
Old 11-30-2011, 10:49 PM   #17
Orangejello727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickcards View Post
How do you know who can and cannot afford something?

I have a feeling this is going to turn into a sword fight, comparing ones wealth to anothers.

Does anyone here think just because you own $20k worth of Jordan autos and exquisite cards determines how wealthy you are?
Orangejello727 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #18
Sickcards
Banned

Quote:

I have a feeling this is going to turn into a sword fight, comparing ones wealth to anothers.

Does anyone here think just because you own $20k worth of Jordan autos and exquisite cards determines how wealthy you are?
because people hate because of that .. i dont really care its just what i think
Sickcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #19
Cheken

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Who in the world is Nat they speak of?
one of the many internet startup owners that sold it for a nice fortune. I do see this being healthy for the hobby though
Old 11-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #20
Cheken

Quote:

Not necessarily but sure does mean that person aint poor lol
Old 11-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #21
jimssouvenirs

Quote:
Paul, glad to see you continue what I started... That's right suckas, I started this way back!

I remember the "famous" PMG Red/100 sitting for a year or so at $550 BIN with no takers, no @^*^#*Y takers at all. Then of course the scammers had a dream... and the rest is scam history. They deceided to scoop up all the cheap Jordans they could, include that $550 BIN and took it from there.

If this piece of crap card was hyped to $7,500.00, what should the PMG be fasely hyped to now? 100K!!!? They wish... The PMG would still be a $300 card if they didn't @^#(*^(8 with it.

eBay.com Item Bid History

Check out the link above, the bid history for the card that "sold" for $7,500.00. I especially like that "Entered wrong amount" at the bottom of that page, by bidder n***k( 1080) in the amount of: Retracted: US $7,999.99

If anybody thinks that ANY of the bids are legit then there's no help for you......... It's all fake hype to make their stock pile more valuable, and you morons who believe it are just helping their cause.

Paul, you say this is getting out of hand? At this point it's CRIMINAL!!!! Forget out of hand. Out of hand is when they took a high BIN of $550 for a PMG and pimped it for $1,200... But it's way beyond that now.

Anyway, i'm done with this topic, although I will help out here and there if I could, but i'm letting the little hommies finish them off HAHAHAHAHA
I've seen plenty of cards sit at high BINs for a long time, then sell for much less at auction, and then a year later sell for 2-3x that much.

The card market is very VOLATILE and UNPREDICTABLE. Now, yes, I do understand that some people have been shilling these card prices, and that may have had an effect on these cards. But it seems like most of their handiwork is done with, and these guys are no longer profiting from this. In other words, the prices now being realized are fairly independent of that. There are more collectors right now than there were a few years ago. May not seem that way, but it's absolutely true. People having more time on their hands and looking to alternative forms of entertainment are back in the card world after many years.

Long story short, there is no need in having a high horse over these cards, because the people who are paying 10k-100k on them don't really give a rats arse, and neither do 99.8% of the rest of us.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #22
hairyangryfella

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettydaw1970 View Post
its the kind that oh lets say they inherited a few million bucks, that go out and just buy every high dollar card there is that kind of irks me (but thats my problem tough #@#@#@#@ for me)
and they post them on a board..
hairy said somthing once about 1 of these guys that i thought was so funny and true.. he merly said..

congrats, you have alot of money..

but guys like this are great for the economy....
a guy like this that becomes a costumer at a struggling card store is a godsend..

Hehe I'm glad I amused someone, because he (and others) could have gotten nasty about that comment had they wanted to.
I don't really have a problem with people having loads of money and spending it however they want on whatever they want - until the point where they get so full of themselves and feel like they are 'entitled'. Then they're a douche.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #23
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickcards View Post
Listen moron, not everybody "hates" because they can't afford it... This is our hobby and we see dirt bags in it, and we want some action, period end of story.

Me personally, I couldn't afford the world "famous" Jordan PMG when it was sitting for a year or so at $550 and sure in hell can't afford it at their higest pimped price of 14K. So to me, it makes no difference, could never afford it, nor would I spend that much anyway on a non-auto or GU card.

Like I said, this is our hobby we love and see so many scum bags these days doing all typed of shady business and it stinks!!! Smell like a @(I&)E))@)#

Just keeping them honest like Anderson Cooper does on AC360...

So before you go making #@#@#@#@ up in your head on why people speak out against this, think again!

First off, Paul could buy YOU!!! So guess again... Oh yeah, I could probably buy you too But I don't want you unless you have an autograph or GU on your person

Think before you speak. You and anybody else who has the same BS stories on why they think people are sick and tired of this horse #@#@#@#@. Some of us have been in this hobby long before you were even sperm, so don't go questioning why we say what we say.

And for the moron who mentioned the paitings as an example, I don't give two @(*^#(*^# about paintings so I wouldn't go on any board... We talk about cards because it is a big part of our lives and always has been and also will be. So we take it very seriously. Not over the top, but it is our hobby we enjoy and love. And I can only speak for myself when I say I love everything about basketball, always have. Playing it, watching it, buying cards and other items...

Yes, a little more info then I wanted to post, but don't get me started
Old 11-30-2011, 11:06 PM   #24
dmogull
Banned

Quote:
lol, yea I was thinking the same thing and had a small laugh when I visualized Nat being forced to bid on eBay auctions by a big goon wearing an MJ jersey, 'strapped' with a paintball gun
Old 11-30-2011, 11:07 PM   #25
hairyangryfella

Quote:
And for the moron who mentioned the paitings as an example, I don't give two @(*^#(*^# about paintings so I wouldn't go on any board... We talk about cards because it is a big part of our lives and always has been and also will be. So we take it very seriously. Not over the top, but it is our hobby we enjoy and love. And I can only speak for myself when I say I love everything about basketball, always have. Playing it, watching it, buying cards and other items...
Easy, tiger. No need to call him a moron. I'm sure everybody wonders why the value of some things isn't comparable to the values of others, when you'd think they should be. I have my own opinions on things and wonder why they're not as valuable as they probably should be, that doesn't make me a moron. Just because he posted in a basketball forum using art in his suggestion that doesn't make him a moron.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote