Blowout Cards Forums
Breakers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 12-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Question Is this the almighty NATSTURNER they speak of? The big Jordan inserts collector...

I thought he was a Millionare collector who is buying up all high end Jordan 90's inserts?

Why is he selling?

98-99 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems Michael Jordan PMG /50 WOW | eBay

Yes, I understand he says he's selling this one above because he has two... But how about the rest? Does he have two of everything or something?

natsturner | eBay

I'm not sure what to make of it... But since many here know more than everybody else, why don't you inlighten me and anybody else who is wondering.

I tell ya, if I were a Millionare and was able to buy two of any one Jordan high end card, and since it's such a great investment, I would NEVER sell them and wait for them to reach one Million $$$ each!

Yeah yeah yeah, I already know, it's his money to do what he likes... I don't have any problem with that. But in his words, these are such great investments, so why would he even sell one? I read the description on the PMG Gold/50 and he states that he has two, but if i'm not blind, he doesn't state that for the other cards, so why is he selling them? I thought he was the almighty Jordan collector that had to have EVERY card? Just trying to figure this out.
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
tristan20
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to tristan20

He has to pay for this which was shilled for him to overpay again

NEVER SEEN BGS 9.5 90-91 PRO SET PROSET MICHAEL JORDAN GEM MINT /50? WOW HOLY GR | eBay
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:48 PM   #3
XARZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Yes, I understand he says he's selling this one above because he has two... But how about the rest? Does he have two of everything or something?
This had been asked in the past. Here is his Bucket. Enjoy.

Collection: Cards
he mustve moved one of his red pmg BGS 8.5s (used to have 2)

Last edited by XARZY; 12-08-2011 at 11:50 PM.
XARZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
UltimateDeron

He's always been a seller. I remember back when I was collecting Marvin Williams (lol... big mistake) that he had a Exquisite RC /24 that I really needed but he wanted too much for it.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #5
Burt-Reynolds

I like how he is charging 3.95 for Priority shipping. That's why people are Millionaires though I guess. No reason to waste any money.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #6
UltimateDeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
I like how he is charging 3.95 for Priority shipping. That's why people are Millionaires though I guess. No reason to waste any money.
What's wrong with $3.95 for Priority Mail? It will cost him more than that, especially after he insures it (which he will).
Old 12-09-2011, 01:56 AM   #7
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post

NEVER SEEN BGS 9.5 90-91 PRO SET PROSET MICHAEL JORDAN GEM MINT /50? WOW HOLY GR | eBay
OH MY GOODNESS!!! hahaha smh

Now I know this world is coming to an end...

Next to come, Jordan base cards selling for 100 bucks a pop!

Random Joe thinking to himself in the near future... Well, if a Jordan PMG Red is selling for 2 Million bucks, than his base cards gotta be worth at least $500!! lol...

OUT OF HAND!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2011, 02:45 AM   #8
backinthemixer

check out the stuff he has bought recently. WOW. easy collecting when u can throw that much money at everything u want.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:32 AM   #9
WhacksPacks

Nat Turner? DIdn't he lead a slave rebellion in the 1830's? Guy must be ancient by now..
Old 12-09-2011, 07:02 AM   #10
Qwasian

people have too much time on they hands to keep worrying about what other people are doing with they own collection/ebay sales......... maybe he's just doing what he wants to do. I bought thousands and thousands of dollars of football cards and resold them at the beginning of the football season, just using it in the same sense as collecting/trading, I wouldn't really consider it a big deal... and he's building a name/brand that alot of people could take a hint from, just being a big name seller makes you more money/exposure on ebay.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #11
nissandriver77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post

LOL.....
nissandriver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:29 AM   #12
armyatc22

He buys doubles of everything to set the price of selling them..he is going to want more then he paid for them so he keeps one for his collection and sells one off
Old 12-09-2011, 09:43 AM   #13
Orangejello727

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
He buys doubles of everything to set the price of selling them..he is going to want more then he paid for them so he keeps one for his collection and sells one off

Its pretty smart. He has cornered the market on sensibility and using peoples IDIOlogic of what market value really is through price manipulation to make money. You buy at highs and set the market trend. Then you sell during the high and make even more money. When you are done buying as the high buyer, the market either stays or falls, but at the end you walk away with tons of money. At that point you dont care what the new prices are, you made off like a bandit. The losers? All the people the fell for the hype.

Same games banks play when they sold you high risk loans in funds that were rated AAA on the outside while the inside was rotten. Dont feel bad. The banks took you for a ride. Then the govt took you for a ride by taking your hard earned money to pay out banks. Now ebay sellers are taking you for a ride. Its all good! Live and learn right?

Im waiting on the first person to pay for gas at the gas station at double the going rate. When he does, the gas station should change the new rate to double because by most peoples standards on these boards, "Once a price of a sold item is set, its the new market value". So if I pay $5/gallon for gas, then everyone should have to pay that price as well! LOL. Only in the sportscard world!
Orangejello727 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:08 AM   #14
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Its pretty smart. He has cornered the market on sensibility and using peoples IDIOlogic of what market value really is through price manipulation to make money. You buy at highs and set the market trend. Then you sell during the high and make even more money. When you are done buying as the high buyer, the market either stays or falls, but at the end you walk away with tons of money. At that point you dont care what the new prices are, you made off like a bandit. The losers? All the people the fell for the hype.

Same games banks play when they sold you high risk loans in funds that were rated AAA on the outside while the inside was rotten. Dont feel bad. The banks took you for a ride. Then the govt took you for a ride by taking your hard earned money to pay out banks. Now ebay sellers are taking you for a ride. Its all good! Live and learn right?

Im waiting on the first person to pay for gas at the gas station at double the going rate. When he does, the gas station should change the new rate to double because by most peoples standards on these boards, "Once a price of a sold item is set, its the new market value". So if I pay $5/gallon for gas, then everyone should have to pay that price as well! LOL. Only in the sportscard world!
Very interesting! smh this world is going to implode real soon haha
Old 12-10-2011, 06:54 AM   #15
Qwasian

Quote:
Very interesting! smh this world is going to implode real soon haha
not really, this has been going on for years......... why do you think john wall cards sell so well and he's on the wizards with no chance of doing anything and really not lighting it up.........

cards are all sold/traded based on hype, not actual value........ bryce harper has never swung a bat in the MLB and his cards are more hyped than anyone playing

cam newtons sell for more than aaron rodgers in new products............ obviously aaron rodgers is the more quality card/sale.

people do this all the time with the card market. julio jones/mark ingram sell in football and they do pretty much nothing on the field.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #16
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
not really, this has been going on for years......... why do you think john wall cards sell so well and he's on the wizards with no chance of doing anything and really not lighting it up.........

cards are all sold/traded based on hype, not actual value........ bryce harper has never swung a bat in the MLB and his cards are more hyped than anyone playing

cam newtons sell for more than aaron rodgers in new products............ obviously aaron rodgers is the more quality card/sale.

people do this all the time with the card market. julio jones/mark ingram sell in football and they do pretty much nothing on the field.
Player hype and SHILLING are two very different things...
Old 12-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #17
Qwasian

Quote:
Player hype and SHILLING are two very different things...
the auctions are shilled because of the player hype...... it goes hand & hand, if people didn't want michael jordan cards they couldn't be shilled. all that's really being done is people pushing those hype players to the maximum amount that people are willing to pay...... without the bidder who buys big you can't shill in the first place. if you recognize something as a manipulated market and don't want to pay a certain amount, don't buy it. when people don't buy the market will no longer be manipulated...... the stock market is manipulated everyday on a regular basis, same with dollar values, it's what the economy is built on right now, it's only obvious that it trickles down to everything else.

china's entire economy is based on "SHILLING" so to speak. money/value manipulation.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #18
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
the auctions are shilled because of the player hype...... it goes hand & hand, if people didn't want michael jordan cards they couldn't be shilled. all that's really being done is people pushing those hype players to the maximum amount that people are willing to pay...... without the bidder who buys big you can't shill in the first place. if you recognize something as a manipulated market and don't want to pay a certain amount, don't buy it. when people don't buy the market will no longer be manipulated...... the stock market is manipulated everyday on a regular basis, same with dollar values, it's what the economy is built on right now, it's only obvious that it trickles down to everything else.

china's entire economy is based on "SHILLING" so to speak. money/value manipulation.
Do you understand what shilling is?
Old 12-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #19
dwest13cavs

He is a multimillionaire..after selling his company to Google last year. This is pocket change to him.
dwest13cavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #20
Qwasian

Quote:
Do you understand what shilling is?
yes, it's bidding up the item on someone who is interested in it.......... but if you have a buyer who is just going to pay whatever for the item anyway, it's all the same difference to other collectors if they pay $100 or a million....... they have tons of money and will buy the card reguardless of amount. the entire economy operates off of the fact that people set market value.

lets say you are going to buy an iphone, it cost $200.... if you go buy it and there are none left, you can then run up the price to whatever the person is willing to pay on that item, they may pay $1000 just to have it.

if people are willing to pay the price, more power to them, whats the point in even caring? it's not really a fair market or set price market to begin with, card value is determined by what people create it as in the market place.

he's probably doing it because that's his method of collecting and creating fun within collecting, it's rich people playing with rich money, why get upset over it.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #21
tristan20
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to tristan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwest13cavs View Post
He is a multimillionaire..after selling his company to Google last year. This is pocket change to him.
oh yeah remember Attyball, they were royal family remember?
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #22
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwest13cavs View Post
I know! That is exactly why I scratched my head when I saw him selling them... Why wouldn't he just keep them if he's so rich and since he collects Jordan?

How do anybody know if this "multimillionare" is actually the dude behind this ebay account???

Does anybody know him personally?

I can make my ebay account "OfficialDonaldTrump" but doesn't mean i'm the Billionare that lives in NYC...

Look, I don't know the dude, but I also know that impossible is nothing! I just smell something that's not right. Do I have anything solid in this case? No I don't. That's why i'm asking.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #23
Qwasian

unless your interested in buying the cards why does it matter to you though?
Old 12-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #24
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
unless your interested in buying the cards why does it matter to you though?
Why does it matter to you so much to protect it?

No, i'm not interestead in buying. I couldn't afford cards like the PMG Red/100 when they were sitting at $500 for a year with no takers, so definitely can't afford it now...

Why does there have to be a reason? Ok, my reason is because I don't like scum bags getting away with scamming!! How is that for a reason, is that ok with you? What is it to you?

I think this whole rich dude thing was set up so that they can explain the whole jump in price... But we've talked about this and uncovered dirt bags scamming way before this "multimillionare" showed up out of nowhere.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #25
allday_vikes

Quote:
Why does it matter to you so much to protect it?

No, i'm not interestead in buying. I couldn't afford cards like the PMG Red/100 when they were sitting at $500 for a year with no takers, so definitely can't afford it now...

Why does there have to be a reason? Ok, my reason is because I don't like scum bags getting away with scamming!! How is that for a reason, is that ok with you? What is it to you?

I think this whole rich dude thing was set up so that they can explain the whole jump in price... But we've talked about this and uncovered dirt bags scamming way before this "multimillionare" showed up out of nowhere.
It could just be a bunch of people working together trying to lure people into the next, "hot" items!