Blowout Cards Forums
2017 Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
Vincesanity
Member
 
Vincesanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Belton, Texas
Posts: 1,932
Default ANDREW LUCK Chrome Super Auto

So when this card is pulled I'm thinking it's an $8-$10K card, IMO it could be a $30-$50K card in 15 years. My parents are in there 60s, plenty of money, I'm trying to convince them to go after it if it surfaces. Am I crazy?
__________________
BUYING ANDREW LUCK, DEREK CARR, JAMEIS WINSTON & MARCUS MARIOTA TOPPS CHROME, CARSON WENTZ PRIZM &
OPTIC
Vincesanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
burke23
Member
 
burke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 4,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincesanity View Post
So when this card is pulled I'm thinking it's an $8-$10K card, IMO it could be a $30-$50K card in 15 years. My parents are in there 60s, plenty of money, I'm trying to convince them to go after it if it surfaces. Am I crazy?
Yes - you are.
__________________
* Looking for high end Danielle Hunter rc, especially Contenders Cracked Ice
*Also LF 1997 PMG Red FB and star Non-Auto Topps Chrome Red Refractor rc
burke23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
ttmtrader101
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,606
Default

I pulled it and its not going ANYWHERE, sorry.













































JK yeah it will go up in value, but you will have to fight me for it!
ttmtrader101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
Srt42004n
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,655
Default

Card will be $5,000 and if it surfaces will prob be held onto with him breaking records... might be wrong but i doubt we'll see it
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
chrisfaceoff
Member
 
chrisfaceoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NEPA
Posts: 6,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Card will be $5,000 and if it surfaces will prob be held onto with him breaking records... might be wrong but i doubt we'll see it
If I pulled it I would most certainly not hold onto it. Strike while the iron is hot and get that paper! Straight Cash Homie!

I'll let you guys know how much it sells for when I pull it within a week
__________________
Looking for Lorenzo Mauldin Topps Chrome Printing Plates
Go JETS !!!! J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
chrisfaceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
Jnb0123
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 3,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfaceoff View Post
If I pulled it I would most certainly not hold onto it. Strike while the iron is hot and get that paper! Straight Cash Homie!

I'll let you guys know how much it sells for when I pull it within a week

How can u pull it when its in my case?? I would actually love it if any member on BO pulls it!!
Jnb0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #7
piner
Member
 
piner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio Area
Posts: 877
Default

gotta love the pre-break excitement of this product. i've had a case locked in since it first became available.

if i pulled the luck i would probably sell...not necessarily right away though.
__________________
Baylor Alum and lifelong Washington Redskins fan!
Collecting: 2012 Topps Chrome KENDALL WRIGHT Autos, Numbered Inserts, and Printing Plates
Collecting: 2014 Topps Chrome LACHE SEASTRUNK Autos, Refractors, and Printing Plates
piner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
wheeler281
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincesanity View Post
So when this card is pulled I'm thinking it's an $8-$10K card, IMO it could be a $30-$50K card in 15 years. My parents are in there 60s, plenty of money, I'm trying to convince them to go after it if it surfaces. Am I crazy?
__________________
Collecting High End Steelers
"Pressure is something you feel when you do not know what you are doing" - Chuck Noll
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #9
Jnb0123
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 3,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piner View Post
gotta love the pre-break excitement of this product. i've had a case locked in since it first became available.

if i pulled the luck i would probably sell...not necessarily right away though.

This product seems to be getting the most hype of any other product. I don't remember the last release that was talked about as much as this one!
Jnb0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #10
chrisfaceoff
Member
 
chrisfaceoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NEPA
Posts: 6,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnb0123 View Post
How can u pull it when its in my case?? I would actually love it if any member on BO pulls it!!
I called where you ordered it from and told them to send me that case instead.

I know, I know. Dick move, but all those Benjamins will help me cope
__________________
Looking for Lorenzo Mauldin Topps Chrome Printing Plates
Go JETS !!!! J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
chrisfaceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
ManInTheMirror
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 39,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnb0123 View Post
This product seems to be getting the most hype of any other product. I don't remember the last release that was talked about as much as this one!
I do- Chrome last year.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #12
chrisfaceoff
Member
 
chrisfaceoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NEPA
Posts: 6,907
Default

I think this product is talked about a lot because everyone collects/breaks it to some degree. Cheaper product, highly sought after and a ton of value for even people who break high end to invest in. It appeals to a bunch of markets as opposed to other sets with a much narrow niche
__________________
Looking for Lorenzo Mauldin Topps Chrome Printing Plates
Go JETS !!!! J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
chrisfaceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #13
saintsfan9
Member
 
saintsfan9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,371
Send a message via AIM to saintsfan9
Default

I would sell this, I rather get 10k now than MAYBE 15-20k way later on. If he gets hurt or there goes everything, I dont like taking those risks.

I pulled a Cam Gold Chrome auto /10 last year. Sold it as fast I could, glad I did. Even though I sold it (9.5/10) for under 1k while ungraded ones were selling for more.

Also with Chrome being $1200/case. If you pull Luck and RG3 regular autos and the rest of the stuff is nothing, you still lose $ right? I want a case of this but its so expensive.
__________________
Bucket: http://s749.photobucket.com/home/saintsfan20/allalbums
I only ship to US (Canada for some members)
When I post a price, I will not respond to "PM me your best price" or if I "can do any better." If you want a better price, please counter-offer.

Last edited by saintsfan9; 11-05-2012 at 12:34 PM.
saintsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #14
FanboyOfNone
Member
 
FanboyOfNone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,342
Default

I don't see any Luck superfractor going for that much ever.

...but when I pull it, you can have it for the bargain price of 15k.
FanboyOfNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
chrisfaceoff
Member
 
chrisfaceoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NEPA
Posts: 6,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan9 View Post
I would sell this, I rather get 10k now than MAYBE 15-20k way later on. If he gets hurt or there goes everything, I dont like taking those risks.

I pulled a Cam Gold Chrome auto /10 last year. Sold it as fast I could, glad I did. Even though I sold it (9.5/10) for under 1k while ungraded ones were selling for more.

Also with Chrome being $1200/case. If you pull Luck and RG3 regular autos and the rest of the stuff is nothing, you still lose $ right? I want a case of this but its so expensive.
How much was the difference roughly from the ungraded to graded?

At the current price it isnt smart at all to buy this product. RG3 and Luck autos will prob start off around 250 give or take a bit before they die off. So even if you get that you still have about 1000 to make back on the rest. That would be pretty rough even though refractors etc do sell decently.
__________________
Looking for Lorenzo Mauldin Topps Chrome Printing Plates
Go JETS !!!! J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
chrisfaceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #16
pickle86
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,792
Default

Not if you locked in your case for 750
pickle86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #17
saintsfan9
Member
 
saintsfan9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,371
Send a message via AIM to saintsfan9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfaceoff View Post
How much was the difference roughly from the ungraded to graded?

At the current price it isnt smart at all to buy this product. RG3 and Luck autos will prob start off around 250 give or take a bit before they die off. So even if you get that you still have about 1000 to make back on the rest. That would be pretty rough even though refractors etc do sell decently.
I sold my 9.5/10au for $980. While i saw a ungraded go for 1200 a week later. pissed me off, and he had a bad week that week too. Made no sesne.

If I could get this case at 750 I would buy 2. But they are near 1200 now, I wont be buying that high.
__________________
Bucket: http://s749.photobucket.com/home/saintsfan20/allalbums
I only ship to US (Canada for some members)
When I post a price, I will not respond to "PM me your best price" or if I "can do any better." If you want a better price, please counter-offer.
saintsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #18
Jackg1980
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,798
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Right now the Luck Super would sell for at least 8K.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! Looking for Khalil Mack "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #19
saintsfan9
Member
 
saintsfan9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,371
Send a message via AIM to saintsfan9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
Right now the Luck Super would sell for at least 8K.
RG3 would be 5K+ also, even doug martin, with how hot he is right now would be 4 digits IMO.
__________________
Bucket: http://s749.photobucket.com/home/saintsfan20/allalbums
I only ship to US (Canada for some members)
When I post a price, I will not respond to "PM me your best price" or if I "can do any better." If you want a better price, please counter-offer.
saintsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #20
Jackg1980
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,798
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan9 View Post
RG3 would be 5K+ also, even doug martin, with how hot he is right now would be 4 digits IMO.
I could see the Dougie at 1500. RGIII will be at least 6K.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! Looking for Khalil Mack "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #21
Mattspalace
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: US Military APO in Germany
Posts: 934
Default

In 15 years, it will be a $1000 card because Luck will be retired and no one will be interested in his cards - flippers will have all moved on to the next flash in the pan.
Mattspalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #22
trixstar
Member
 
trixstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 22,391
Default

Trying to convice your mommy and dadddy to purchase a card when it's at the absolute highest it will ever be? Is this a joke?
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #23
Jackg1980
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,798
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattspalace View Post
In 15 years, it will be a $1000 card because Luck will be retired and no one will be interested in his cards - flippers will have all moved on to the next flash in the pan.
When did Supers first come out.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! Looking for Khalil Mack "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #24
Jackg1980
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,798
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post
Trying to convice your mommy and dadddy to purchase a card when it's at the absolute highest it will ever be? Is this a joke?
Do you know the future?
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! Looking for Khalil Mack "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #25
Mattspalace
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: US Military APO in Germany
Posts: 934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
When did Supers first come out.
I don't know when the first superfractors were produced, but I've been collecting football cards for 20 years, and none of them are a good long term investment.

Buy and collect cards because it's fun, not because you think you'll make money over time - chances are, it won't happen.
Mattspalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.