Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
KeithKards
Member
 
KeithKards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 875
Send a message via Yahoo to KeithKards
Default Need Price help on Jeter and Jordan Cards

Hi. I have an offer from a guy on my Youtube page. He wants to buy 3 of my cards. But I don't know the value of 2 of them. One is a Derek Jeter Select #240 Rookie Card. I looked it up and saw some people selling it for close to $180 and others selling it for as low as $35. Not sure if it is a promo card or not.

The other card is a Michael Jordan Skybox Ex clear card #6. Not sure what year it is from.

Can someone tell me what the cards are worth and how much should I ask? I made a short video of me showing off the 2 cards. Go here to view them.

price help Jeter and Jordan.wmv
KeithKards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
JohnRyno
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Fairway in Regulation
Posts: 12,268
Default

Have you searched for the cards on Ebay? If you haven't, I'd go ahead and start there, but click on the "sold" or "completed listings" link to get a ballpark figure.

My advice would be to start a few bucks higher than that to gauge his interest.
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
prospectorgems
Member
 
prospectorgems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,193
Default

I would be too scared to click on that link due to a possible virus as most others here would be as well.

Just from the description you gave, this is what I found.

1996 Score #240 Derek Jeter
1996 Score Dugout Collection Samples #240 Derek Jeter
1996 Score Samples #240 Derek Jeter

None of these cards to my knowledge would sell for anything above $10.

Edit: Is this the card you are referencing?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Score-D...item43b3fc33bd

Or this one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derek-Jeter-...item3a7ae7548a

The Michael Jordan sounds just like a base card from the E-X series and won't be valued at much either. Perhaps $4 to $5 and that may be high.

Last edited by prospectorgems; 12-06-2012 at 04:25 PM.
prospectorgems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
KeithKards
Member
 
KeithKards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 875
Send a message via Yahoo to KeithKards
Default

I did look on ebay. couldn't find the Jordan card. The Jeter I found for different prices. in it he's fielding a ball with a black and white border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRyno View Post
Have you searched for the cards on Ebay? If you haven't, I'd go ahead and start there, but click on the "sold" or "completed listings" link to get a ballpark figure.

My advice would be to start a few bucks higher than that to gauge his interest.
KeithKards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
KeithKards
Member
 
KeithKards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 875
Send a message via Yahoo to KeithKards
Default

the 2nd card is the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectorgems View Post
I would be too scared to click on that link due to a possible virus as most others here would be as well.

Just from the description you gave, this is what I found.

1996 Score #240 Derek Jeter
1996 Score Dugout Collection Samples #240 Derek Jeter
1996 Score Samples #240 Derek Jeter

None of these cards to my knowledge would sell for anything above $10.

Edit: Is this the card you are referencing?
1996 Score Dugout Collection Derek Jeter Sample 240 RC RARE Rookie NY Yankees | eBay

Or this one?
Derek Jeter 1996 Score 240 Rookie Sample RARE | eBay

The Michael Jordan sounds just like a base card from the E-X series and won't be valued at much either. Perhaps $4 to $5 and that may be high.
KeithKards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
JohnRyno
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Fairway in Regulation
Posts: 12,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKards View Post
I did look on ebay. couldn't find the Jordan card. The Jeter I found for different prices. in it he's fielding a ball with a black and white border.
If you take a look at your cards and give me the year and company, I'll look it up in my beckett guide to see if its listed.
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #7
KeithKards
Member
 
KeithKards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 875
Send a message via Yahoo to KeithKards
Default

the Jordan I can't tell but it is card #6. The Jeter is Select Rookie I think 95' or 96' card #240. When I looked it up some said it was a promotional card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRyno View Post
If you take a look at your cards and give me the year and company, I'll look it up in my beckett guide to see if its listed.
KeithKards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
sthoemke
Member
 
sthoemke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 4,224
Default

1997 98 Skybox EX 2001 Michael Jordan 6 RARE Mint Free Shipping | eBay
sthoemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #9
KeithKards
Member
 
KeithKards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 875
Send a message via Yahoo to KeithKards
Default

Yep, that''s the one!!!!

KeithKards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #10
KeithKards
Member
 
KeithKards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 875
Send a message via Yahoo to KeithKards
Default

So how much is the Jeter? Do I have a expensive promo card???
KeithKards is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.