Blowout Cards Forums
2017 black Friday wave 7

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
Win4Vin
Member
 
Win4Vin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,266
Default MLB + Bowman Prospect Challenge = FAIL

just got a promotional email from MLB.com announcing the bowman prospect challenge. except, when i click on the link the site is down. shouldn't MLB's PR department verify that links are working before emailing them to thousands of people?

http://bowman.topps.jollyscience.com/

Quote:
The Bowman Prospect Challenge
You won't believe how awesome this is.

An Internal Error Has Occurred.

Error: An Internal Error Has Occurred.
Powered by Croogo.
__________________
Looking for DODGERS, Vin Scully, Hideo Nomo, and Yu Darvish autographs/memorabilia.
Win4Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
Srt42004n
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,655
Default

No bc the site was working ealier today.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
illadelf
Member
 
illadelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 6,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win4Vin View Post
just got a promotional email from MLB.com announcing the bowman prospect challenge. except, when i click on the link the site is down. shouldn't MLB's PR department verify that links are working before emailing them to thousands of people?

http://bowman.topps.jollyscience.com/
This is on Topps/Whoever they hired to create the site, not MLB.com
illadelf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
st0lenbase
Member
 
st0lenbase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,771
Default

I just got the email a bit ago as well. It has a free code to get started. I'm not doing it so if anyone wants to try it, my code was:

PR-OKSEV
st0lenbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
dlab85
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 5,020
Default

Ya, I just got the email and also got the same error. Almost was able to register but everything crashed.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter @85CaseBreaks

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
Win4Vin
Member
 
Win4Vin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelf View Post
This is on Topps/Whoever they hired to create the site, not MLB.com
the site responsibility lies with jollyscience. however, my point was who at mlb.com let the email fly without even confirming that bowman/topps/jollyscience had the site up and running. seems like common sense to me that if you're about to email thousands of people with a link to a website, that you'd check the website before clicking "send".
__________________
Looking for DODGERS, Vin Scully, Hideo Nomo, and Yu Darvish autographs/memorabilia.
Win4Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
metsandweezer
Member
 
metsandweezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 9,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0lenbase View Post
I just got the email a bit ago as well. It has a free code to get started. I'm not doing it so if anyone wants to try it, my code was:

PR-OKSEV
for some reason, i think that is the same code for everybody because i just got an email with that code too. weird.........
__________________
Jake Hager Supercollector (Don't Know Why)
metsandweezer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #8
NPNCards
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win4Vin View Post
the site responsibility lies with jollyscience. however, my point was who at mlb.com let the email fly without even confirming that bowman/topps/jollyscience had the site up and running. seems like common sense to me that if you're about to email thousands of people with a link to a website, that you'd check the website before clicking "send".
Could also be the site can't handle so many people going on the site at once. Either way seems like plenty of problems.
NPNCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #9
stera8
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,019
Default

Just like the FACEBOOK2012 code. That didn't work either
stera8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #10
darin2200
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 999
Default

This prospect challenge site is an absolute fiasco, and I put it on Jollyscience for a crappy site, and on Topps and MLB for not making them accountable.
I've tried to use it on IE and iPhone. Errors out and is painfully slow.
darin2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #11
Keyser Soze
Member
 
Keyser Soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: near Houston
Posts: 7,153
Default

What kind of legit company hires a company that creates such a 2-bit, low-rent site? Seriously? bowman.topps.jollyscience.com? WTF kind of ghetto-ass web address is that?
__________________
If you are offended by any word in any language, it's probably because your parents were unfit to raise a child. -Doug Stanhope

https://sportscardalbum.com/u/Keyser%20Soze#!page=2
Keyser Soze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #12
VinnyH
Member
 
VinnyH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 6,159
Default for a good laugh, checkout their site...

About

Their hompage has graphics that don't fit the modules they're in. I'm an admitted amateur with webdesign and I can see that. Maybe they're related to eisner and he threw them a bone.

Jeez,
VinnyH
VinnyH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #13
darin2200
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
What kind of legit company hires a company that creates such a 2-bit, low-rent site? Seriously? bowman.topps.jollyscience.com? WTF kind of ghetto-ass web address is that?
Post of the day, echoes my feelings exactly.

Topps comes up with great ideas, but can never seem to execute properly.
Another example is the Topps Gametime idea, I loved the design and idea of the pick em game, and I hit a Die-cut card about every 12 codes.
Then they had to screw up the website design and allow people to cheat for a couple weeks and get perfect scores by being allowed to change their picks after the games already started.
And what's up with not being able to ship the golden giveaway cards lately? Did they fix that yet?
darin2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #14
bradical
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,885
Default

Wow, just used the code.

Congratulations! You unlocked an exclusive pack of Bowman Blue Wave Refractors. Some of these exclusive packs include an autographed card! Your item will be placed into your winnings inventory in your account and you will be notified by email when delivery of this item is available!
__________________
:turkey: :turkey: :turkey:
bradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #15
bouje
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical View Post
Wow, just used the code.

Congratulations! You unlocked an exclusive pack of Bowman Blue Wave Refractors. Some of these exclusive packs include an autographed card! Your item will be placed into your winnings inventory in your account and you will be notified by email when delivery of this item is available!
Can you find your winnings inventory in your account?

I can't find it.
bouje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #16
bradical
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouje View Post
Can you find your winnings inventory in your account?

I can't find it.
No. That's a little disheartening.
__________________
:turkey: :turkey: :turkey:
bradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.