Blowout Cards Forums
2023 Football

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
Zacky1053

Default Jesper Parnevik's Comments Regarding Tiger Woods

"I would be especially sad about it since I'm kind of -- I really feel sorry for Elin -- since me and my wife were at fault for hooking her up with him," Parnevik said. "We probably thought he was a better guy than he is. I would probably need to apologize to her and hope she uses a driver next time instead of the 3-iron."

I hope he's not suggesting what I'm thinking. Makes it sound like he thinks she was attacking him instead of breaking out a window. BTW, everyone jumping on Tiger's back is insane. He makes one mistake, and people all of the sudden are coming out of nowhere. I cannot prove he's innocent, but amazing how these revelations come out NOW.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
hockeyjunkie99

It looks like he probably made 3 mistakes.......at the moment

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #3
Teambo1634

Cheating for months is not a mistake. A mistake is a one time event that you have no control over. Do you really think he said ooops every time he slept with her. Or called for a mulligan with every text.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:17 AM   #4
fm8418

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

This is why Gene Simmons has the right attitude towards being married as a celeb, even though he's a jerk with everything else he does.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
mma138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teambo1634 View Post
Cheating for months is not a mistake. A mistake is a one time event that you have no control over. Do you really think he said ooops every time he slept with her. Or called for a mulligan with every text.
no control over ? of course you have control.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #6
carlo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
no control over ? of course you have control.
Haha, right. I've tried that "It wasn't my fault" excuse a few times....never worked.
carlo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
Riverdome

1 mistake! - no he made the same mistake OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Every time he talked to these women, every time he texted these women, every time he ........... he's a weak man who couldn't control himself.

Every married man has had the opportunity to break his vow and most of us look at our ring and realize it isn't worth it. Tiger is a spoiled child just like the vast majority of athletes. I see him now as just one of the guys along with MJ and Chuck and not the 'good guy' I once thought he was.

And the fact that ESPN radio tried to spin it as, well this did all start soon after his father passed away. Give me a freaking break, time to man up and deal with life, sometimes it isn't all birdies and eagles.

[/rant]
Old 12-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #8
fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdome View Post

Every married man has had the opportunity to break his vow and most of us look at our ring and realize it isn't worth it.

[/rant]

The stats might point otherwise
Old 12-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #9
Riverdome

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
The stats might point otherwise
Actually they don't. With the economy in the tank the divorce rate is very low right now. Over the last number of years (5-10) the rate of those in a first marriage is also low as compared to the 80's and 90's.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #10
Zacky1053

You really believe what you read in the tabloids? Again, I'm sure he's made mistakes, but you just cannot ignore the fact that these revelations come out now. This makes the women making the allegations just as wrong-minded. If Tiger made these mistakes, it IS obviously wrong and I do not approve. But that doesn't mean he falls from the Top 5 to around No. 500 on my favorite athletes list.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #11
gman71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
"I would be especially sad about it since I'm kind of -- I really feel sorry for Elin -- since me and my wife were at fault for hooking her up with him," Parnevik said. "We probably thought he was a better guy than he is. I would probably need to apologize to her and hope she uses a driver next time instead of the 3-iron."

I hope he's not suggesting what I'm thinking. Makes it sound like he thinks she was attacking him instead of breaking out a window. BTW, everyone jumping on Tiger's back is insane. He makes one mistake, and people all of the sudden are coming out of nowhere. I cannot prove he's innocent, but amazing how these revelations come out NOW.

She did attack him,sadly he'll never admit it. She confronted him while he was probably sleeping and chased him with a club and smashed out windows on the Escalade.

One mistake is one thing, but close to a 31 month relationship is not just a mistake.
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #12
Zacky1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
She did attack him,sadly he'll never admit it. She confronted him while he was probably sleeping and chased him with a club and smashed out windows on the Escalade.

One mistake is one thing, but close to a 31 month relationship is not just a mistake.
Maybe I don't want to admit it. Sometimes hiding a bad truth is a bigger mistake than telling it upfront. Tiger was the posterboy for how a seemingly perfect athlete can live in the spotlight without issues, and now he's not. It's no secret we all have some kind of flaws, but when it involves marriage, and a young child, it takes it to a whole new level.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #13
Zacky1053

Man people are really playing off that "Just Do It" slogan quite well...
Old 12-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #14
fm8418

I appluad him for being able to hide them for so long being such a high profile athlete !
Old 12-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #15
BAMBAM

I commend Parnevik for speaking his mind and for being PO'd that Woods did that to his friend. He has every right to be. Hopefully he said that to Woods prior to the t.v. interview or it rings kind of hollow to me.

The ONLY part that I do agree with Woods on is questioning why people in the spotlight need to make public confessions and apologies for family matters. The fact that a person is given celebrity status shouldn't make his personal life up for public dissection. I could care less that he cheated on his wife as it really isn't any of my business. He owes me or anyone else outside of his family and inner circle nothing, especially an apology. Save it for the Mrs. Hopefully she isn't shallow and doesn't let him buy her forgiveness like Kobe did with his gold digger of a wife.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #16
RSNARIZONA

Everytime my wife catches me with another woman I just tell her that the girl fell out of the ceiling and right into the bed.
RSNARIZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #17
mgugs46

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
I commend Parnevik for speaking his mind
Please. Its just another person seeking media time.

As far as what Tiger did in relation to his popularity in the sport of golf, its not going to hurt him at all - who cares what he does in his personal life? All professional athletes cheat anyhow - its not like he is in the minority here ... doesnt make it right of course, but its what happens.

He won't lose any endorsements, he won't be any less great as a golfer, or any less popular with fans.

Pro athletes, movie stars, the uber wealthy, etc get to do what they want, when they want and with no recourse 99.9% of the time in this country - its just the way it always has been and probably always will be.
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #18
Zacky1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post

As far as what Tiger did in relation to his popularity in the sport of golf, its not going to hurt him at all - who cares what he does in his personal life? All professional athletes cheat anyhow - its not like he is in the minority here ... doesnt make it right of course, but its what happens.

He won't lose any endorsements, he won't be any less great as a golfer, or any less popular with fans.

Pro athletes, movie stars, the uber wealthy, etc get to do what they want, when they want and with no recourse 99.9% of the time in this country - its just the way it always has been and probably always will be.
We just don't hear about it until something goes wrong (like here). Yeah, all that junk about if it will affect his game, give me a break. Again, this isn't a story if Tiger's just an average Joe, but because he's a celebrity it's 24-hour news. At least Jesper didn't hint that he can beat Tiger (on the course) because of this...
Old 12-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #19
fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post

re-read what he said, he hoped that he told it to Tigers face first. If he didn't then it's all about media.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #20
mgugs46

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

I read that - my response wasn't directed at the poster - just saying IMO that I am betting he said nothing to Tiger, and just wanted face time on the camera.
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #21
bigroger1980

It boils down to don't text them or leave them voice mails or anything that can be traced haha, its just another example of a power driven male we might have it all but we still have that power to garner attemtion from other females and love it , I mean the simple solution is just don't get married and u can sleep with whover u want, these guys as well as the average joe like us all get tempted by life and if ur strong enough u get through it if not it comes back to get ya like all these high profiler players , and the media has a field day

Always looking for vintage sports cards of any sport and auto memorabilia at a good price of course
bigroger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #22
MikeB

Better start doing DNA checks on all those Tiger auto cards out there. Check them for lipstick, etc, etc, etc.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #23
SkinsFan

I agree w/ Bam, who cares what athletes are doing on the spare time. If he didn't want to address it with the public then he didn't have to. Would one of you guys address the public if you were cheating on your wife? With that said if Elin wanted money she should stay with him because he'll make a lot more in future earnings then whatever alimony check he rights her now. One thing you got to understand if your a man with millions, all women are gold-diggers. We want prenup, we want prenup!!!
SkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #24
gman71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFan View Post
I agree w/ Bam, who cares what athletes are doing on the spare time. If he didn't want to address it with the public then he didn't have to. Would one of you guys address the public if you were cheating on your wife? With that said if Elin wanted money she should stay with him because he'll make a lot more in future earnings then whatever alimony check he rights her now. One thing you got to understand if your a man with millions, all women are gold-diggers. We want prenup, we want prenup!!!

She gets $300 million per their prenup.
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #25
CaptainBOHICA
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

this entire thing on tiger = *yawn*

big whoop.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote