Blowout Cards Forums
2017 black Friday wave 8

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 06-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
Nicnac

Default America at War - Band of Brothers (pictures!)

PLEASE SEE THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE FOR PICTURES

iCardz released the America at War - Band of Brothers set earlier this year.
Lest We Forget Collector Cards
The cards have been well received, although they are not appearing on the secondary market in any quantity to make them easy to collect.

HOBBY BOX: Since iCardz is primarily interested in the educational value of these cards, they are in packs. However, you receive one complete set in every box with no extra cards:

1 set of America at War D-Day - 143 cards
1 set of Band of Brothers - 49 cards

AD1 promo for The Pacific
AD2 a salute to veterans
AD3 promo for the Binder
AD4 about Valor Studios (company working with iCardz to secure art and autographs from veterans)

2 Instant Win cards (see previous post)

Autographs/Sketches. This has changed at various times in the past. At one point, you could choose to receive an EXTRA autograph or sketch in addition to the autograph in the box. For the longest time, you were guaranteed 1 auto per box, as promised on the back of the various promo cards.

BE AWARE: Currently, iCardz says that you can POSSIBLY receive one autograph or sketch in your box.
As of September 2010, and presumably for all remaining product. the autos and sketches fall at 1 in 6 boxes:
FAQ

Sketches: Ingrid Hardy initially had 50 sketches on her site but has now updated it to include 100 finished works HERE, and they were all inserted into the product. I will try to confirm this soon. Also, it appears the sketches are NOT all of men who gave their lives in Europe. Someone with more sketches will need to confirm what the backs of them say if a soldier survived and came home after the war.

Autographs (update November 2010, light grey do not exist in this product):

SP1 - Lynn "Buck" Compton
SP2 - William Guarnere
SP3 - Forrest Guth
SP4 - Edward "Babe" Heffron
SP5 - Clancy Lyall
SP6 - Donald Malarkey
SP7 - Earl McClung
SP8 - Amos "Buck" Taylor
SP9 - Ed Tipper

My WW2 Blog

My Bucket

-

Last edited by Nicnac; 11-17-2010 at 03:16 AM.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
Nicnac

Authentic WW2 memorabilia prizes have been given out with the random prize card redemption codes in the boxes:
There have been 2 US winners of WWII memorabilia so far. Prizes for the US site are generally authentic WWII US military lapel pins.
Prizes for Canada at War, Lest We Forget - Canada include authentic Canadian military memorabilia such as medals, shoulder flashes, etc.

About text on the website stating that there will be sets following Easy Co. after D-Day, and whether this info is outdated, The Pacific replacing any further Band of Brothers sets:
"We have a number of potential sets in the works. At this time, the only set we have definite plans for is The Pacific, which we expect to release in late 2010/early 2011. Date TBA."

Last edited by Nicnac; 09-28-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #3
Nicnac

PROMOS for America at War AND/OR Band of Brothers.

Happy Jack - AaW: D-Day (unnumbered):

AaW:BoB (unnumbered) - Veterans Tribute Autograph Cards

Chicagoland Expo 2009 AaW:BoB (CH1):

Philly Non-Sport Show 2009 AaW:BoB (PH1):

Non Sport Update magazine promo (PR1)

Philly Non-Sport Show 2010 AaW:BoB tri-fold brochure...

...with a random card inserted into tabs...

...and a giant The Pacific promo inside...

The free promos that come with any box or binder purchase are PH1, CH1, and the AaW:BoB unnumbered promo (2nd from the top).

My WW2 Blog

My Bucket

-

Last edited by Nicnac; 07-02-2015 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
S.U.I.Z.I.D.

I really want to order these from U.S. store, I don't want to order it from Canada.
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #5
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.U.I.Z.I.D. View Post
I really want to order these from U.S. store, I don't want to order it from Canada.
your best bet then is to get it from the bay. There is one there now for less than from Canada (74.99 + $8 s&h vs $90 + $11). Plus, you can make him an offer

I just bought two boxes from the UK for $62 each but shipping (of course) was pretty high. Still saved a bundle vs. buying direct.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:12 AM   #6
Magicman32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
your best bet then is to get it from the bay. There is one there now for less than from Canada (74.99 + $8 s&h vs $90 + $11). Plus, you can make him an offer

I just bought two boxes from the UK for $62 each but shipping (of course) was pretty high. Still saved a bundle vs. buying direct.
Keep me in mind if you get any double autos. I saw those on Ebay and thought about buying another box....but didn't. They are very tempting to get more of
Magicman32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:20 AM   #7
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman32 View Post
Keep me in mind if you get any double autos. I saw those on Ebay and thought about buying another box....but didn't. They are very tempting to get more of
Oh I doubt these are double auto boxes... Can't imagine a dealer not knowing if they have boxes from that promotion
Old 06-19-2010, 01:41 AM   #8
Magicman32

Quote:
Oh I doubt these are double auto boxes... Can't imagine a dealer not knowing if they have boxes from that promotion
I was meaning if you already had them in your PC.....I hope you get the double autos, then I would really kick myself for not buying them
Old 06-19-2010, 01:46 AM   #9
Nicnac

Quote:
I was meaning if you already had them in your PC.....I hope you get the double autos, then I would really kick myself for not buying them
OH ahhhhhhh... ok, I hope I get new autos... but if there are dupes... you will be the first to know
Old 06-21-2010, 11:06 PM   #10
Nicnac

Quote:
Well... I got a Guarnere (FINALLY!)... and a Heffron. The Heffron is a duplicate for me but I know you are not interested in it
Old 06-21-2010, 11:10 PM   #11
Magicman32

Quote:
Well... I got a Guarnere (FINALLY!)... and a Heffron. The Heffron is a duplicate for me but I know you are not interested in it
That is nice. Glad you got another one you needed. I still love the Heffron, but I definately don't need a second one. Have you seen any of the other 5 you don't have? I need the McClung, but haven't seen the other 5 in auction.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:05 AM   #12
Nicnac

Quote:
That is nice. Glad you got another one you needed. I still love the Heffron, but I definately don't need a second one. Have you seen any of the other 5 you don't have? I need the McClung, but haven't seen the other 5 in auction.
McClung... yes, Lyall, one on ebay, a long time ago, several Comptons (but definitely less than Guarnere's) the others: Guth, Taylor, and Tipper I have never seen.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #13
Magicman32

Quote:
McClung... yes, Lyall, one on ebay, a long time ago, several Comptons (but definitely less than Guarnere's) the others: Guth, Taylor, and Tipper I have never seen.
I had forgot about the Lyall. I did see that one. Missed the Comptons and have not seen the others. Finally picked up the McClung on the Bay tonight. 5 to go
Old 06-23-2010, 12:02 AM   #14
Nicnac

Quote:
I had forgot about the Lyall. I did see that one. Missed the Comptons and have not seen the others. Finally picked up the McClung on the Bay tonight. 5 to go
I considered going for the Guarnere (thinking it would be good trading material.) But it got too rich for me. It sucks to be put in a position where you consider getting duplicate cards because you think it might help you get the missing ones.

BTW. I got my hands on a duplicate flyer from Philly 2010. Interested?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #15
Magicman32

Quote:
BTW. I got my hands on a duplicate flyer from Philly 2010. Interested?
Thanks, but right now I am only doing cards. It is nice, but my wife thinks I have enough "clutter" now
Old 06-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #16
Nicnac

Quote:
Thanks, but right now I am only doing cards. It is nice, but my wife thinks I have enough "clutter" now
Tell her someone on blowout has stepped up to help you remove some of that clutter... cheaply. BWAHAHAHAHAH
Old 06-26-2010, 06:09 AM   #17
jdbuzz44

I love that series....been meaning to pick up a box for some time now. I actually just joined the army...leave oct 5 LOL
jdbuzz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:47 PM   #18
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbuzz44 View Post
I love that series....been meaning to pick up a box for some time now. I actually just joined the army...leave oct 5 LOL
jdbuzz... it's a really small community collecting these. Keep in touch if you do get a box.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #19
Nicnac

EDIT 8/2010

Guys, this is the latest I can piece together regarding the autos in this set. I will not delete the original info in this post (it remains below.

It appears that the more 'difficult' autos are showing up more and more (just this couple of months, there have been 2-3 Clancy Lyall, Lynn Compton, and Bill Guarnere autos on the bay.)

In addition, one of the 'impossibles' (Ed Tipper) appears to have been picked out of a box in Australia. This makes my informal count 4 of these seen this year.

But, don't despair:
Based on current knowledge I am going to state at this time that it appears that iCardz has not been staggering the autographs (Dave did confirm this to me months ago) but that the cards themselves are staggered. By this, I mean they are appearing to market unevenly based on how the boxes they are packed in are selling.
As such, I expect, I hope, we will continue to see the market shift from the abundance of Malarkey's, McClungs, and Heffrons, toward Comptons, Taylors, Tippers?? etc.
As stated above, already, some of these are showing up more and more. Keep your eyes peeled as this product seems to be coming to a slow boil

Happy hunting.

Original post follows:

jdbuzz had a question on another forum and I devised this list:

Regarding the autos in this set, I have only ever seen 6 of the 9 online:

Most easily available: Heffron, Malarkey, McClung,

Difficult: Compton, Guarnere

Seen ONCE: Lyall

Never seen: Guth, Taylor, Tipper

Either, people are just not letting these go, they have not really made it into people hands, or, most likely, the print run breaks down something like this:

Total: 2000 autographs -

Malarkey 500
McClung 500

Heffron 400

Compton 200
Guarnere 200

Lyall 100

Guth 30
Tipper 30
Taylor 30

give or take a dozen here and there, to add up to 2000.

I have Malarkey, McClung, Heffron, and Guarnere. Of the remaining, I know Compton is a matter of time, and how much I want to spend. Everyone I know collecting these has some combo of the above 5.

Last edited by Nicnac; 08-30-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #20
Magicman32

If you are collecting this set, you must watch the movie/mini series again (or for the first time). It was on last weekend and it was really interesting seeing what happened to these guys and getting more insite on them.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #21
Nicnac

Quote:
If you are collecting this set, you must watch the movie/mini series again (or for the first time). It was on last weekend and it was really interesting seeing what happened to these guys and getting more insite on them.
HAH! They played the entire series as Marathon last week, and I happened to catch some of "Carentan". It was so funny hearing some guy yell at "Shifty" and "Tipper". Shifty Powers, of course was supposed to sign for this series but died before doing so
Old 07-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #22
Magicman32

Quote:
HAH! They played the entire series as Marathon last week, and I happened to catch some of "Carentan". It was so funny hearing some guy yell at "Shifty" and "Tipper". Shifty Powers, of course was supposed to sign for this series but died before doing so
I watched almost the whole thing sunday strait through
Old 07-28-2010, 11:57 PM   #23
Nicnac

Update:

Magicman32 now has 6 of the autographs:

SP1 - Lynn "Buck" Compton
SP2 - William Guarnere
SP3 - Forrest Guth
SP4 - Edward "Babe" Heffron
SP5 - Clancy Lyall
SP6 - Donald Malarkey
SP7 - Earl McClung
SP8 - Amos "Buck" Taylor
SP9 - Ed Tipper
Old 08-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #24
Nicnac

Ingrid Hardy's sketches for this series are STUNNING!

iCardz - Band of Brothers
Old 08-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #25
mmbtvs
unregistered

don't know if you guys noticed, but it looks like they released another set called dday 1944, I will probably order a box later today, don't know if there are any hits in it though.

link to it: http://www.lestweforgetcards.ca/abou...age=orderdday#
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote