Blowout Cards Forums
old school

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-09-2015, 04:52 PM   #1
DALLASTILL

Default Panini Response to my Odell Beckham NT Debacle

I created a thread regarding the omission of Beckham NT RPA from the 20 case break I was in with the Giants and also the fact that there are no "true" RPA's of Beckham on eBay. I sent a long winded, well written email to Tracy Hackler of Panini and shockingly he replied promptly. Here was his response, aka "Be thankful for what you got sir":

Greetings, Dallas. Thanks for your email and for your support of our company and its products. While I can certainly understand your frustration with not hitting an Odell Beckham Jr. RPA in your break, I can confirm that redemption cards for those do exist and were packed out in the product.

In looking at the break results on the Blowout forums, it appears you did hit at least one Beckham Jersey Auto and had a chance at two hard-signed Pen Pals cards that featured Beckham. As you no doubt are aware, the Beckham RPAs are case-hit-level pulls and represent quite a small percentage of the overall product run.

Thanks again for your email.

Best regards,
Tracy

Last edited by DALLASTILL; 04-09-2015 at 04:55 PM.
DALLASTILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:55 PM   #2
MeetJSquared

So they did the same as Five Star and ramped the hell out of the production. Or it's just absolutely terrible collation.

I'd probably go with both.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:55 PM   #3
RelicCollector

Panini knows what they are talking about!
Old 04-09-2015, 04:55 PM   #4
oldgoldy97

What was your expectation in sending the email to them?
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:57 PM   #5
panther252

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Haha I know. "Sorry Dallas. I can confirm we didn't put any beckham redemptions in the first wave..."
Old 04-09-2015, 04:59 PM   #6
adamblumy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTILL View Post
I created a thread regarding the omission of Beckham NT RPA from the 20 case break I was in with the Giants and also the fact that there are no "true" RPA's of Beckham on eBay. I sent a long winded, well written email to Tracy Hackler of Panini and shockingly he replied promptly. Here was his response, aka "Be thankful for what you got sir":

Greetings, Dallas. Thanks for your email and for your support of our company and its products. While I can certainly understand your frustration with not hitting an Odell Beckham Jr. RPA in your break, I can confirm that redemption cards for those do exist and were packed out in the product.

In looking at the break results on the Blowout forums, it appears you did hit at least one Beckham Jersey Auto and had a chance at two hard-signed Pen Pals cards that featured Beckham. As you no doubt are aware, the Beckham RPAs are case-hit-level pulls and represent quite a small percentage of the overall product run.

Thanks again for your email.

Best regards,
Tracy
Right...but his base RPA is numbered to 99, just like every other RPA. Please tell me why there are at least 4 Bortles RPA's /99 on Ebay right now yet no Beckham. Beckham's RPA /99 is no less likely than any other RPA to hit. I dont get that logic. The fact that hundreds of cases have been busted and no Odell RPA redemption's have surfaced is suspicious. They had to have held some back.
adamblumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:59 PM   #7
DALLASTILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
No expectation at all other than to let him know that i am an educated man that is not naive enough to believe that this was some accident or collation mishap. This is a greater issue than me being bummed about essentially getting skunked from 20 cases. My hope is this stops it from happening in the future to our collecting community, regardless of whether or not it's me or some other unsuspecting customer. This was carefully planned and plotted and they are guilty. 6 Brandin Cooks in 20 cases...that didn't bother me. It is an issue that not a single Beckham or Bridgewater RPA are listed on eBay in addition to none surfacing in a 20 case (80 box break). It has nothing to do with the crap Beckham sticker Timeline auto I received. His response basically told me to go "pound sand". I don't think they count on a single customer breaking this many cases at one time. I did not respond but his response was insulting to me for a multitude of reasons. Beckham RPA's are just as plentiful as Brandin Cooks RPA's and booklets. Why so many pulled in this break and listed on eBay and not a single one of Beckham or Bridgewater. Use your heads people, there were 2500 2014 NT cards listed on eBay not counting the 20 case break we bought into. 40 cards in a case on average /2500 = 65 cases worth listed on eBay as of yesterday. 85 cases broken and not one. They are insulting us and cheating us. Kind of like a guy at a card show that pulls all of the autos from a couple of boxes and mixes the packs into a box and puts them out for sale. The customer isn't pulling any autos....and I had no shot of pulling any Beckham RPA's or booklets.

Last edited by DALLASTILL; 04-10-2015 at 08:34 AM.
DALLASTILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:01 PM   #8
adamblumy

Quote:
No expectation at all other than to let him no that i am an educated man that is not naive enough to believe that this was some accident or collation issue. This is a greater issue than me being bummed about essentially getting skunked from 20 cases. My hope is this stops it from happening in the future to our collecting community, regardless of whether or not it's me or some other unsuspecting customer.
Pretty frustrating for yourself and others who took the Giants in group breaks (they were going for up to $150 for one case). I would be irate right now.
adamblumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:03 PM   #9
panther252

Quote:
No expectation at all other than to let him no that i am an educated man that is not naive enough to believe that this was some accident or collation issue. This is a greater issue than me being bummed about essentially getting skunked from 20 cases. My hope is this stops it from happening in the future to our collecting community, regardless of whether or not it's me or some other unsuspecting customer.
That last paragraph he fed you really rubbed me the wrong way too.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:06 PM   #10
oldgoldy97

Quote:
I just noticed the "there isn't a single Odell RPA on the bay." Sounds fishy.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:08 PM   #11
deltapi1049

No Teddy has been listed either, and I have looked EVERYWHERE.

Im guessing some shop is going to get a shipment in a few weeks that these redemptions will be popping out left and right.

I do love the deflection though, he tries to use some very different cards as an answer to your question.

Sports Cards Uncensored - Digital Card Central
deltapi1049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #12
Andrew Jones

Just throwing this out there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
(Fish said some OBJ rpa redemptions were hit last night - so it isn't that there are none. They just may be pretty rare. IDK.)

I am asking for another 20 caser. I will also ask for cases from different distributors & panini if possible to mix it up more.

IDK if I can get them yet.

I will do individual team recaps plus your multi-team randoms asap. Team is top loading the hits now. (I'm headed to the hospital.)
Old 04-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #13
bojesphob

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamblumy View Post
Right...but his base RPA is numbered to 99, just like every other RPA. Please tell me why there are at least 4 Bortles RPA's /99 on Ebay right now yet no Beckham. Beckham's RPA /99 is no less likely than any other RPA to hit. I dont get that logic. The fact that hundreds of cases have been busted and no Odell RPA redemption's have surfaced is suspicious. They had to have held some back.
Don't let how many have shown up on eBay be your guide to how many have been packed out or hit. I have been chasing a Jordy Nelson non-1/1 rainbow for 2014 Prizm since it came out, and I have seen a whopping one of the Wal-mart blue prizms that I won and just appeared at the end of March, which you would think would be extremely common compared to the Gold (which I've also only seen one, which I own). Does that mean that they didn't pack out Jordy Nelson blue Prizms, or does that mean that those that have found it aren't putting it on eBay?
Old 04-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #14
freethrowtommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamblumy View Post
Are you guys sure that people aren't redeeming them rather than throwing redemptions up on eBay?

These speculation threads are insane... especially after only 2 days.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:19 PM   #15
panther252

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojesphob View Post
Don't let how many have shown up on eBay be your guide to how many have been packed out or hit. I have been chasing a Jordy Nelson non-1/1 rainbow for 2014 Prizm since it came out, and I have seen a whopping one of the Wal-mart blue prizms that I won and just appeared at the end of March, which you would think would be extremely common compared to the Gold (which I've also only seen one, which I own). Does that mean that they didn't pack out Jordy Nelson blue Prizms, or does that mean that those that have found it aren't putting it on eBay?
Nobody mass rips prizm retail compared to NT...
Old 04-09-2015, 05:32 PM   #16
GeechQuest

This is by the biggest whiny thread I've seen in my years from lurking around here. Sorry OP, but you emailed Panini because you didn't hit an Odell RPA in your case break??? That has to be a joke or the biggest troll move ever.

20 cases is a drop in the bucket to the print run. This is honestly worse than every member who gripes every release about "print run" this or "overpriced that". This hobby isn't for you OP.
GeechQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #17
bigaust001

In Panini (and any other company's) defense, thanks to opening cards being a virtual lottery, and the fact that they are 'randomly' inserted, there is an astronomical chance that the OBJs would be in the last 99 boxes produced. That's just the name of the game when it comes to cards, as you never truly know what you're going to pull. I know that they take certain measures in collation to ensure that this DOESN'T happen, but keep in mind that the odds are over the ENTIRE production run, and the odds to pull any specific card increase only when a box that doesn't have the card is opened.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #18
DalliLlama11

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther252 View Post
Nobody mass rips prizm retail compared to NT...
You are right, but Odell is also a case hit, which would mean the odds are already very low to hit one. Out of all the cases, only 99 of would contain the redemption and I am sure there is way more than 99 cases considering he just said he was part of 20, and I watched at least another 20-30 and it was day one. A blue parallel would be a lot more common and only true collectors are ripping NT. A casual collector will go to walmart and pick up a pack of prizm. With more cards in a blaster/ rack pack or whatever, and easily more units ripped, it should be more common especially after months vs one day, so his point is extremely valid as people may just not be selling, they may not list til they get the redemption in hand from a group break, sold back to a shop, etc. There are so many reason there could be none on Ebay/seen pulled in only a 24 hour span.

Last edited by DalliLlama11; 04-09-2015 at 05:42 PM.
DalliLlama11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #19
drumstyx89

You should have asked about Landry and Bridgewater as well cause none of those have popped up anywhere either....
drumstyx89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #20
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeechQuest View Post
This is by the biggest whiny thread I've seen in my years from lurking around here. Sorry OP, but you emailed Panini because you didn't hit an Odell RPA in your case break??? That has to be a joke or the biggest troll move ever.

20 cases is a drop in the bucket to the print run. This is honestly worse than every member who gripes every release about "print run" this or "overpriced that". This hobby isn't for you OP.
I didn't get that from the OP. He seems more upset that there is a possibility that there wasn't even a chance for an OBJ RPA in the break because none exist. Spending the ridiculous money on NT 10 casers or group breakers and picking the Giants with the first pick or paying the premium for PYT but the OBJ RPA isn't even a possibility would piss me off also.
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:40 PM   #21
kobemagee29

Quote:

I don't think thats what the op said. I think he was just asking if the beckham rpa's were actually in the product. Pretty sure it's the same question a lot of people are asking. Maybe lighten up
kobemagee29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:40 PM   #22
trixstar

Quote:

Over 500 cases have been broken easily, no teddy and no OBJ have been even mentioned or listed. Every other player has one, Panini held them back and nothing else is going to prove otherwise until they show up before the 2nd wave of cases are released.
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #23
GeechQuest

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post
Over 500 cases have been broken easily, no teddy and no OBJ have been even mentioned or listed. Every other player has one, Panini held them back and nothing else is going to prove otherwise until they show up before the 2nd wave of cases are released.
When is this "2nd wave" being released? 500 cases??? I'm curious as to where you got any of that information? I'd be shocked if Panini lied to the OP. Most cases are open by breakers who wouldn't have shipped cards overnight to get on ebay regardless. So if they were pulled, what makes you think you'd have seen one? There are only 75 currently listed on eBay out of 33 subjects (Assuming people listed properly). 6 have sold. That's a DROP in the bucket.

Last edited by GeechQuest; 04-09-2015 at 05:49 PM.
GeechQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:45 PM   #24
DalliLlama11

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post
How do you know though? Because its not on Ebay and blowout? What about local stores that don't use either? I am sure there are a ton of shops that broke NT and didn't list stuff or dont. And their customers may not have been present or use these sites as well. It's possible they did hold them back and what not, but how can you say they did when I highly doubt you watched all 500 of those breaks first hand..

Edit: And I think if they were planning to put them in the rewards store they would A insert 150 pts or whatever they say is "equal" value to get those cards, and B. they wouldn't show them off and say they are redemptions just to unleash more backlash on themselves. I think they saw what the Flawless situation did to them, I doubt they are going to intentionally draw attention to themselves on their "Biggest" product. It's one thing "forget" "hide" it or whatever, but they aren't going to attract problems intentionally.

Last edited by DalliLlama11; 04-09-2015 at 05:47 PM.
DalliLlama11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:45 PM   #25
kyle1707

Quote:

I actually give him credit for doing it and getting a response...

But this product is massively over priced.. As are 80% of products we buy...

There is no way we should be paying 1800 dollars for 700 dollars in cards...

They do it.. Because we keep buying it...

I have said It before... I think in 10 years we look back and laugh what we paid for wax in 2015

This is going to end at some point... I have cut back on cases by half in last year..

Half my customers stop buying all together... Or very little

This hobby/River Boat is so far out of control...
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote