Blowout Cards Forums
pokemon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:04 PM   #126
Whodatiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
One Sunday morning there were two string beans who thought their arms were big, many pics taking during curls, hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude I posted earlier about that half squats always walks around with his chest out (he’s not big/muscular at all).

- JeremyNick
Whodatiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:11 PM   #127
Whodatiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Don’t get me started on improper face pulls
This. People at my gym LOVE to lean back so far that I’m just waiting for them to fall on their ass. And they never have the level correct. One dude pulls to his midsection. Drives me nuts.

- JeremyNick
Old 07-23-2019, 07:32 PM   #128
Whodatiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlaxmn View Post
Athlean X, Dom Mazzeti, and epic rap battles? Can this thread get any better?

Jeff cavalier is all you need for fitness you tuber. Jeff Nippard is great as well.

Mark Rippetoe is great too. He’s like the Morgan Freeman of narrating how to lift properly. If Patches O’Houlihan were a real person, he’d be Mark Rippetoe.

Honorable mentions: Alan Thrall & Johnny Candito.

- JeremyNick
Old 07-23-2019, 07:40 PM   #129
asujbl

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatiz View Post
This. People at my gym LOVE to lean back so far that I’m just waiting for them to fall on their ass. And they never have the level correct. One dude pulls to his midsection. Drives me nuts.
Facts
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:29 AM   #130
jeg2315

Recently joined a new gym, and wouldn't you know it, I saw a resident ego lifter doing 3-inch ROM leg presses with every possible 45 he could find.

Complete with the barb wire tattoos and the hoodie with the sleeves torn off.

Was a good time watching and laughing in my head.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:54 AM   #131
Whodatiz

Flip flop crew checking in. Dude came in this morning with cargo shorts and flip flops on to work out.

- JeremyNick
Old 07-24-2019, 07:03 AM   #132
AnthonyCorona

Quote:
Flip flop crew checking in. Dude came in this morning with cargo shorts and flip flops on to work out.

There’s a guy who walks in like a WWF character. Struts in with sunglasses on (at 4 am) very dramatically removes them before each lift and in like slow motion puts them back on after the lift. He’s jacked so what can I say but still looks like a clown to me

Old 07-24-2019, 07:31 AM   #133
hairysasquatch

See freshly-bumped gym characters thread.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:09 AM   #134
Whodatiz

Quote:
There’s a guy who walks in like a WWF character. Struts in with sunglasses on (at 4 am) very dramatically removes them before each lift and in like slow motion puts them back on after the lift. He’s jacked so what can I say but still looks like a clown to me

Please perform your civil duty & record him.

- JeremyNick
Old 07-24-2019, 08:24 AM   #135
AnthonyCorona

Quote:
Please perform your civil duty & record him.

I’ll see if I could pull it off. He’s gotta know he looks utterly ridiculous

Old 07-24-2019, 08:30 AM   #136
Josh611

Quote:

That's great! You need a video of that lmao.

There's a guy I see everyone in awhile who comes in with a headband and looks like Baker Mayfield. One of the only ones who hits the punching bag. He does it every time. Usually wearing one of those elevation masks or whatever they're called. Looks ridiculous. Barely ever see him actually lift anything.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:29 AM   #137
Whodatiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh611 View Post
That's great! You need a video of that lmao.

There's a guy I see everyone in awhile who comes in with a headband and looks like Baker Mayfield. One of the only ones who hits the punching bag. He does it every time. Usually wearing one of those elevation masks or whatever they're called. Looks ridiculous. Barely ever see him actually lift anything.
Oh, the Bane mask? One of the guys in my gym has one. I almost want to ask him to recite some lines from The Dark Knight Rises.

- JeremyNick
Old 07-24-2019, 10:48 AM   #138
ajlaxmn

Guy comes into our gym with jeans, sneaker, t shirt along with another guy who has jeans, steel toe boots, T-shirt. Both these guys drive me nuts, buy some damn gym clothes. Don’t need to be overpriced #@#@#@#@, just stop with the streetwear.

"Always with them negative waves"- Oddball
"Uh-uh, I don't tip"- Mr. Pink
ajlaxmn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:00 PM   #139
TheFrenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlaxmn View Post
Guy comes into our gym with jeans, sneaker, t shirt along with another guy who has jeans, steel toe boots, T-shirt. Both these guys drive me nuts, buy some damn gym clothes. Don’t need to be overpriced #@#@#@#@, just stop with the streetwear.

Back in Texas I always saw an older guy come in almost every day and workout in jeans and work boots. One day I started talking to him and found out he was missing a leg. Lost it in a construction accident. He work the jeans so that it wasn’t noticeable. Dude had some crazy upper body strength.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #140
asujbl

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
Back in Texas I always saw an older guy come in almost every day and workout in jeans and work boots. One day I started talking to him and found out he was missing a leg. Lost it in a construction accident. He work the jeans so that it wasn’t noticeable. Dude had some crazy upper body strength.
Why didn't he just buy sweats and tennis shoes?
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:13 PM   #141
TheFrenzy

I flipped the switch this weekend, from high reps and lower weight while cutting to low reps and high weight. I've been cutting down from 205 to 180 since early in the summer, but it's gotten to the point where I'm losing too much muscle. I look better and markers like blood pressure have improved (average of 125/85 to 107/72), but I hate the way my arms feel in my sleeves. I'm keeping my calories low to try to get to 175, but I'm upping protein and healthy fats (salmon instead of swai and toss in an avocado when I can) and going back to my optimal growth range for sets: 3-7 reps.

If I can get 8 reps with even semi-decent form, I go up in weight.

We'll see how things go from now until the end of the year. I'm aiming to hit 175, adjust calories to maintenance, make sure I can hold that, and then be starting to work my way up slowly by New Years.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:34 PM   #142
shayscards79

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
See freshly-bumped gym characters thread.
If my gym wasn't $16 a month, I probably wouldn't work out there. I love the facility and that half of it is outdoors and they have an awesome combats sports room, but I can't stand a lot of the clientele.

It used to be Gold's here until Eos bought them out. A lot of the clientele are carry overs from Gold's... serious lifters and massive human beings there. I like those guys because they get bang out their workouts and don't jack around. They can also be very helpful when you get to know them.

But I think there's this new wave that came in when it was bought out and prices dropped that make being there unbearable sometimes. Too many frat boys that treat the place like it's social hour. So many men and women that are social media whores, blocking equipment because theyre too busy taking pics and videos.

Lot of people who don't re-rack their weights and wipe down the equipment after they're done using it. Which is especially gross because most of the dudes working out outside are shirtless.
shayscards79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 04:47 PM   #143
hairysasquatch

Quote:
Getting a bit of a YMCA vibe from your encounters with construction workers at your gym?
Old 10-28-2019, 05:37 PM   #144
TheWrightStuff

Quote:
I flipped the switch this weekend, from high reps and lower weight while cutting to low reps and high weight. I've been cutting down from 205 to 180 since early in the summer, but it's gotten to the point where I'm losing too much muscle. I look better and markers like blood pressure have improved (average of 125/85 to 107/72), but I hate the way my arms feel in my sleeves. I'm keeping my calories low to try to get to 175, but I'm upping protein and healthy fats (salmon instead of swai and toss in an avocado when I can) and going back to my optimal growth range for sets: 3-7 reps.

If I can get 8 reps with even semi-decent form, I go up in weight.

We'll see how things go from now until the end of the year. I'm aiming to hit 175, adjust calories to maintenance, make sure I can hold that, and then be starting to work my way up slowly by New Years.

Im here with you. Ive gone from 260- 190 lbs in the last 6 months. All by calorie deficit and eating better with high protein. I wasn't doing much working out and IVe lost a lot of muscle. It was what I needed to do at the time to drop the weight. Now, Im trying to build muscle while burning off what I have left of belly and chest fat. Ive upped my calories to maintenance level and upped my protein even more. I started out just doing bench press and leg press but have switched to doing this routine
https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...P8_v7HnBkAjGnQ
TheWrightStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 05:44 PM   #145
TheFrenzy

I use an app to keep track of my exercises and progress at the gym. At the start of 2019 I set the goal of lifting 10 million lbs for the year and, with this morning's workout, I hit my goal in exactly 10 months. 10,017,046 lbs lifted as of today.

It would be more impressive if my diet had been as disciplined all year.......
Old 10-31-2019, 05:48 PM   #146
patchgenie

just got a planet fitness shirt that says thumbs up with the thumbs up image nearby. they must be reading the forum.
patchgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:55 AM   #147
Jgil316

The best workout I have found (with diet) is
Shortcut to Shred - its amazing
Jgil316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:53 AM   #148
AnthonyCorona

Went to the doctor on Tuesday. I asked the nurse to check my weight at my last visit, 234 in February, on Tuesday I was at 185! Feeling so much better, especially my knee pain

Old 11-15-2019, 09:47 AM   #149
Josh611

Quote:
Went to the doctor on Tuesday. I asked the nurse to check my weight at my last visit, 234 in February, on Tuesday I was at 185! Feeling so much better, especially my knee pain

Nicely done!

I was 350+ back in February

At 230 and still dropping now. I've added a significant amount of muscle.

Lots of extra skin now which sucks, but still feel a whole lot better. Plan to settle around 200-210
Old 11-15-2019, 09:47 AM   #150
AnthonyCorona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh611 View Post
Nicely done!

I was 350+ back in February

At 230 and still dropping now. I've added a significant amount of muscle.

Lots of extra skin now which sucks, but still feel a whole lot better. Plan to settle around 200-210

Awesome work!!! Congratulations