Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-10-2023, 11:59 AM   #26
VinnyH

Default Checklist now has the autos...

http://www.scifihobby.com/products/c....cfm?SetID=388

Vinny
I admit, I like collectibles for the action. Buying, selling, prospecting, gambling, etc., are parts of the fun. I will say that being older than many here I just can’t justify sticker autos. Give me a nice on-card auto and I feel that little connection to the signer.
VinnyH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 05:04 PM   #27
VinnyH

Default I’m not a math guy but…

It seems to me there aren’t more than 500 cases of this. There are 5 different auto relics labeled “Scarce” which is no more than 100 and they are listed at 1 per case.
There are 7 Scarce autos in the general auto list but they could be a variety of numbers less than 100 each.
Should be a decent case break for anyone into it. I could only go for 2 personal boxes and spots in iFish’s break.
Hmmm,
Vinny
I admit, I like collectibles for the action. Buying, selling, prospecting, gambling, etc., are parts of the fun. I will say that being older than many here I just can’t justify sticker autos. Give me a nice on-card auto and I feel that little connection to the signer.
Old 10-10-2023, 07:28 PM   #28
Cubby5454

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
It seems to me there aren’t more than 500 cases of this. There are 5 different auto relics labeled “Scarce” which is no more than 100 and they are listed at 1 per case.
There are 7 Scarce autos in the general auto list but they could be a variety of numbers less than 100 each.
Should be a decent case break for anyone into it. I could only go for 2 personal boxes and spots in iFish’s break.
Hmmm,
Vinny
Boxes are numbered to 5,000, so 416.67 cases.
It is a very fun break.
Cubby5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 02:21 PM   #29
hobbystuff

I ended up opening 3 boxes of this so if anyone needs inserts or gold base to complete sets mine would be available.
hobbystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 01:29 AM   #30
jplarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby5454 View Post
Boxes are numbered to 5,000, so 416.67 cases.
It is a very fun break.
Can you confirm the source for that number? I'm curious because based on some of the serial numbered cards and their pack odds it seems like there ought to be more boxes than that.

Base Red Parallels are serial numbered to 50.
Base set size: 60
Red Parallel #'ed: 50
Total # of Red Parallel cards: 3,000 (60 base set * #'ed)
Pack odds per Red parallel: 1 every 48 packs (or 1 per 2 boxes)
Total number of packs to get every single red parallel: 3,000 * 48 = 144,000 packs
Total number of boxes to get every single red parallel: 144,000 packs / 24 packs per box = 6,000 boxes
Total number of cases to get every single red parallel: 6,000 boxes / 12 boxes per case = 500 cases

Elysian Kingdom Art Metal are serial numbered to 75.
EKA Metal set size: 9
Metal #'ed: 75
Total # of Metal cards: 9 set size * 75 serial # = 675 total metal cards
Pack odds per Metal card: 1 every 288 packs (or 1 per case)
Total number of packs to get every single metal card: 675 * 288 = 194,400 packs
Total number of boxes to get every single metal card: 194,000 packs / 24 packs per box = 8,100 boxes
Total number of cases to get every single metal card: 8,100 boxes / 12 boxes per case = 675 cases

Maybe some were held back or some are inserted more frequently than stated odds. I did see a case which produced 2 Elysian Kingdom Art Metal cards for what it's worth.
jplarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 02:53 AM   #31
AusRam

The boxes for Rittenhouse products are conveniently sealed with a sticker stating what number they are out of the full run... So it says something like "1234 of 5000" on each box.
Old 10-30-2023, 08:14 AM   #32
Cubby5454

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplarson View Post
Can you confirm the source for that number? I'm curious because based on some of the serial numbered cards and their pack odds it seems like there ought to be more boxes than that.

Base Red Parallels are serial numbered to 50.
Base set size: 60
Red Parallel #'ed: 50
Total # of Red Parallel cards: 3,000 (60 base set * #'ed)
Pack odds per Red parallel: 1 every 48 packs (or 1 per 2 boxes)
Total number of packs to get every single red parallel: 3,000 * 48 = 144,000 packs
Total number of boxes to get every single red parallel: 144,000 packs / 24 packs per box = 6,000 boxes
Total number of cases to get every single red parallel: 6,000 boxes / 12 boxes per case = 500 cases

Elysian Kingdom Art Metal are serial numbered to 75.
EKA Metal set size: 9
Metal #'ed: 75
Total # of Metal cards: 9 set size * 75 serial # = 675 total metal cards
Pack odds per Metal card: 1 every 288 packs (or 1 per case)
Total number of packs to get every single metal card: 675 * 288 = 194,400 packs
Total number of boxes to get every single metal card: 194,000 packs / 24 packs per box = 8,100 boxes
Total number of cases to get every single metal card: 8,100 boxes / 12 boxes per case = 675 cases

Maybe some were held back or some are inserted more frequently than stated odds. I did see a case which produced 2 Elysian Kingdom Art Metal cards for what it's worth.
Not all the cards are packed out.
I believe a full set is sent to the studio for their archives.
I also believe Rittenhouse keeps a full set for their archives.
Some are held back for damage replacements.
Some are held back for contest prizes (although the Wednesday give-away hasn't been done in quite some time).
And then the rest are held in the vault I would suppose.

The boxes are individually numbered to 5,000, so that means 416 twelve box cases. Just because the odds for any serial numbered card would say different, the number on the box is all you really need.
Cubby5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 11:43 AM   #33
jplarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusRam View Post
The boxes for Rittenhouse products are conveniently sealed with a sticker stating what number they are out of the full run... So it says something like "1234 of 5000" on each box.
I actually never noticed that, thanks! I saw the top number, totally missed the bottom "5000".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby5454 View Post
Not all the cards are packed out.
I believe a full set is sent to the studio for their archives.
I also believe Rittenhouse keeps a full set for their archives.
Some are held back for damage replacements.
Some are held back for contest prizes (although the Wednesday give-away hasn't been done in quite some time).
And then the rest are held in the vault I would suppose.

The boxes are individually numbered to 5,000, so that means 416 twelve box cases. Just because the odds for any serial numbered card would say different, the number on the box is all you really need.
Good to know, thank you for the insight. My aim is to try and figure out relatively how many relic cards and non-serial numbered inserts there are.
Old 10-30-2023, 12:18 PM   #34
VinnyH

Quote:
My aim is to try and figure out relatively how many relic cards and non-serial numbered inserts there are.
The relic rabbit hole. LOL
5,000 boxes, plus less than 50 Archive Boxes
Archive Boxes have 1 of each single swatch relics
Relics are 1 per box
5,000 divided by 20 different common relics (+1 added for the 2 duals)
(Steve at RH said duals are about half the single run)
Assume the triple is less than the duals
Box basics 5,000/20 = 250 for each relic
AR box adds about 50 of each common relic
So, maybe 300 each of the common relics, at most
Then how many are plain vs. variant swatches?
Vinny
Old 10-30-2023, 03:52 PM   #35
AusRam

How good is this set ? Great subject matter, great hits and we even get a bonus math lesson trying to work it all out !!
Old 10-31-2023, 09:01 AM   #36
BobCollects

Someone sold a mini-master set on eBay recently for $170 consisting of the following:

60 Card Regular Set
60 Card Gold Parallel Set
10 Card Behind the Scenes Insert Set
27 Card Costume Design Insert Set
18 Card Story Board Art Insert Set
8 Card Gallery Character Insert Set
10 Card Sticker Character Insert Set
9 Card Frontier Awaits Insert Set
11 Card Travel Poster Insert Set
9 Card Art of the Kingdom Elsyan Insert Set
2 Card Case Topper Set
3 Card Promo Set

I thought about bidding but honestly don't think I like the show enough. I haven't watched Season 2 yet.
BobCollects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 11:16 AM   #37
VinnyH

Curious, someone mentioned their friend opened an archive box and all the autos were inscription autos. Anyone have any research saying that that’s common in AB boxes?
Thanks,
Vinny
Old 12-12-2023, 04:50 PM   #38
jplarson

How is everyone's collections and sets coming along? I'm waiting for the results of a case break to come back before posting some pictures. Vinny you've got to have darn near everything at this point right?
Old 12-12-2023, 07:36 PM   #39
VinnyH

Quote:
How is everyone's collections and sets coming along? I'm waiting for the results of a case break to come back before posting some pictures. Vinny you've got to have darn near everything at this point right?
I’m good on all the relics and relic autos, have all the full bleeds, I have Mount/Peck inscriptions, Bush Elysian auto, and a smattering of common Alien/border autos. Ultimately I want just the full bleed autos but the rest of the main crew might be in S2 and S3 editions. I’ll swap out the key cast autos for full bleeds when they show up.
Vinny
Old 12-17-2023, 07:49 PM   #40
jplarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
I’m good on all the relics and relic autos, have all the full bleeds, I have Mount/Peck inscriptions, Bush Elysian auto, and a smattering of common Alien/border autos. Ultimately I want just the full bleed autos but the rest of the main crew might be in S2 and S3 editions. I’ll swap out the key cast autos for full bleeds when they show up.
Vinny
Nice!

Our goal is one autograph from each of the main cast, complete the auto/relic set, and all the non-sketch insert sets. My partner isn't interested in parallels but I'd like to see if putting together the red parallel set is possible. I've got 25 right now, though I could just as easily liquidate all of them to pick up some of the sigs too.