AD Golden Auction netflix add

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-08-2017, 02:38 PM   #1
ILOVEBEER
Banned

Default 2017 Preseason Overreaction thread

Okay guys, preseason will be in full effect the next few days. Lots of changes around the league. We all know the preseason means absolutely nothing, but there's nothing like people losing their minds (and $) over a pointless game.

Mike Glennon? Brock is starting for the Browns. Cutler makes his triumphant return. What if Bryce Petty or Hackenberg go off for the Jets? Don't forget about rookies... McCaffrey, Fournette, Trubisky. Or the no-name UDFA that returns a 99 yard kickoff. And last, but not least, the Wonderboy Jimmy G will have some action to boost prices.

Discuss.
ILOVEBEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #2
TWard
Banned

Blaine Gabbert is the next Joe Montana. Christian Hackenberg is the next Dan Marino. Cardale Jones is the next Warren Moon. Josh Ferguson is the next Walter Payton. Joe Williams is the next Barry Sanders. ArDarius Stewart is the next Jerry Rice. Daniel Braverman is the next Wes Welker. Blake Bell is the next Jason Witten. Fight me.
TWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:23 AM   #3
phreak9

Browns look like Super Bowl contenders. 4-0 in the preseason! Here we go!

Im so ready!

I hear Brock Osweiler looks like a jedi version of manning in his prime!

The Browns own website said so!

Im outta meds!

Last edited by phreak9; 08-09-2017 at 06:28 AM.
phreak9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:40 AM   #4
jcardstore

Make your jokes about the Browns now while you can guys
Old 08-09-2017, 06:54 AM   #5
hairysasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
Make your jokes about the Browns now while you can guys
Jets to replace Browns as NFL doormat/laughingstock.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:00 AM   #6
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Jets to replace Browns as NFL doormat/laughingstock.
I'm mindlessly optimistic about the Browns every single year but it actually looks like they're putting together a competent group of guys.

Defense looks much better so far, they may have the best line in the AFC (on paper), and everybody is down on Osweiler but as sad as it is he's probably the best QB that's been on their roster in 10 years.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:35 AM   #7
asujbl

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
I'm mindlessly optimistic about the Browns every single year but it actually looks like they're putting together a competent group of guys.

Defense looks much better so far, they may have the best line in the AFC (on paper), and everybody is down on Osweiler but as sad as it is he's probably the best QB that's been on their roster in 10 years.
Agreed.

Jokes will still happen, that's just Cleveland, but this team has talent all over the place right now. Garrett and Peppers have both been crazy impressive on Defense, as much as you can to date, and of course creating the best OLine in the AFC doesn't hurt (again barring injuries). Crowell can play. Coleman is back healthy. Njoku is learning.

That being said? It will all, as always, come down to QB.

I think Kizer is the long term answer but he isn't ready yet. If Brock plays well? The Browns can win 7 or 8 games. Is that some crazy high bar? No... but it's the right direction.

When was the last time you saw the Browns ranked in the Top 10 for something that wasn't a mock draft?

ESPN just ranked them 8th in the league based on young talent age 25 or under. Talking about Garrett/Peppers/Njoku/Ogbah/Shelton/Kizer/Crowell/Coleman/Duke

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/stor...nt-2017-season

And that doesn't even factor in the fact that we have the Texans 1st, and 2nd, round picks in 2018 along with our own picks.

But again if Brock/Kessler/Kizer suck? It won't matter. Jokes will come.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:44 AM   #8
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Agreed.

Jokes will still happen, that's just Cleveland, but this team has talent all over the place right now. Garrett and Peppers have both been crazy impressive on Defense, as much as you can to date, and of course creating the best OLine in the AFC doesn't hurt (again barring injuries). Crowell can play. Coleman is back healthy. Njoku is learning.

That being said? It will all, as always, come down to QB.

I think Kizer is the long term answer but he isn't ready yet. If Brock plays well? The Browns can win 7 or 8 games. Is that some crazy high bar? No... but it's the right direction.

When was the last time you saw the Browns ranked in the Top 10 for something that wasn't a mock draft?

ESPN just ranked them 8th in the league based on young talent age 25 or under. Talking about Garrett/Peppers/Njoku/Ogbah/Shelton/Kizer/Crowell/Coleman/Duke

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/stor...nt-2017-season

And that doesn't even factor in the fact that we have the Texans 1st, and 2nd, round picks in 2018 along with our own picks.

But again if Brock/Kessler/Kizer suck? It won't matter. Jokes will come.
Kessler has looked like crap so far, I can't imagine that he has any future on the Browns, solid backup somewhere, maybe. There's absolutely no risk with Osweiler, he comes in and is halfway decent? Awesome, that's a bonus. He comes in and stinks up the room? No problem, just throw in Kizer and grab another top10 pick to go along with the other 2 1st rounders we have.

The O/U for the Browns this year is 5.5, I'm at 5 wins right now but I don't think 7 is out of the question. If they can win more than 5 games the season is an absolute win IMO.

Outside of the Steelers, the AFC North sucks and Rothlisberger is going to be gone within a couple years so the Browns will have a legit shot to take over the division
Old 08-09-2017, 07:47 AM   #9
asujbl

Quote:
Kessler has looked like crap so far, I can't imagine that he has any future on the Browns, solid backup somewhere, maybe. There's absolutely no risk with Osweiler, he comes in and is halfway decent? Awesome, that's a bonus. He comes in and stinks up the room? No problem, just throw in Kizer and grab another top10 pick to go along with the other 2 1st rounders we have.

The O/U for the Browns this year is 5.5, I'm at 5 wins right now but I don't think 7 is out of the question. If they can win more than 5 games the season is an absolute win IMO.

Outside of the Steelers, the AFC North sucks and Rothlisberger is going to be gone within a couple years so the Browns will have a legit shot to take over the division
Oh I agree - I don't think Kessler is going anywhere - I just said him since Kizer is clearly the 3rd guy "for now". That won't last. The future is either Kizer or a draft pick in 2018. It isn't Kessler or Brock. Brock is auditioning to be traded at some point in my opinion. Which I'm fine with.

Imagine this...

Browns have a better record than Houston while starting BO who ups his value (far fetched? probably... but Houston is overrated). Kizer is ready in 2018. Watson struggles. Browns potentially shop BO.

Houston would have given us a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder, and given us 2 starting QB's better than the QB on their roster... just to get that QB

This is the overreaction thread. Haha.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:54 AM   #10
jcardstore

Quote:
Oh I agree - I don't think Kessler is going anywhere - I just said him since Kizer is clearly the 3rd guy "for now". That won't last. The future is either Kizer or a draft pick in 2018. It isn't Kessler or Brock. Brock is auditioning to be traded at some point in my opinion. Which I'm fine with.

Imagine this...

Browns have a better record than Houston while starting BO who ups his value (far fetched? probably... but Houston is overrated). Kizer is ready in 2018. Watson struggles. Browns potentially shop BO.

Houston would have given us a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder, and given us 2 starting QB's better than the QB on their roster... just to get that QB

This is the overreaction thread. Haha.
Man it would be a dream if we could turn Osweiler into a couple picks or something considering Texans literally couldn't give him away this year haha
Old 08-10-2017, 08:22 AM   #11
phreak9

Didnt the Browns own owner say something along the lines of 'we are probably going to be winners soon, not this year but soon. Dont get too excited just yet, next year you probably can though'

He said it 5 days ago

The Browns pwner is optomistic for an 8-8 season NEXT year! 4 or 5 wins is the bar this year.

6 wins or a qb who is any good is like a division champions crown and a playoff win.

Last edited by phreak9; 08-10-2017 at 08:26 AM.
phreak9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:29 AM   #12
Bassplayah101

Well, in all seriousness, I think Osweiller was a huge upgrade for the Browns.
Their fans must be excited, as they may actually win some games in '17.
Bassplayah101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:13 AM   #13
Morgoth

I think everyone will be losing their mind for Deshaun Watson after last night
Morgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:25 AM   #14
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassplayah101 View Post
Well, in all seriousness, I think Osweiller was a huge upgrade for the Browns.
Their fans must be excited, as they may actually win some games in '17.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:57 AM   #15
Skybox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
I think DW may end up being a great surprise for the Texans but I've been thinking that long before last night
Skybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:16 AM   #16
Bassplayah101

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88horsepower View Post
lol, no?
So he had a bad season in Houston. There was still a reason they went after him when he was a Bronco. Im not a fan of his per se, but I think hes a bit better than what his time in Houston showed us.

Beyond that, the Browns could draft me, and it would be an upgrade.
Bassplayah101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #17
ILOVEBEER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
Yep. Remember last season people couldn't contain themselves for Tom Savage? Watson starts week 1 for sure.
ILOVEBEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:54 AM   #18
gorillaz

Cody Kessler will be a star 100%. I mean he still had decent #s for playing a few games last year.
gorillaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:01 PM   #19
No1CavsFan

Joe Mixon = Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, David Johnson, LeVeon Bell, John Riggins, LaDainlian Tomlinson & Ezekiel Elliott COMBINED

Can't wait for him to tear it up for a long time as a Bengal
Old 08-10-2017, 03:08 PM   #20
mike1498

Blaine Gabbert looks like the next Joe Montana
Old 08-10-2017, 03:29 PM   #21
HaystaK760

Cutler will be the dolphins savior, will go undefeated and win the super bowl!! and parker will have a amazing season 1500 yds 15 tds! cant wait until they beat the falcons tonight
Old 08-10-2017, 03:36 PM   #22
Dielon

All these crazy predictions make me miss CHITOWNBEARSFAN. He would always make the most insane bait-worthy predictions.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:38 PM   #23
asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaz View Post
Cody Kessler will be a star 100%. I mean he still had decent #s for playing a few games last year.
0%

But I hope you prove me wrong
Old 08-10-2017, 04:08 PM   #24
kdnist

Outside of the Steelers, the AFC North sucks and Rothlisberger is going to be gone within a couple years so the Browns will have a legit shot to take over the division[/QUOTE]

Lets calm down a little. What were the Browns doing all those years before the Steelers drafted Big Ben? Your logic makes sense, but this is Cleveland we are talking about and the Steelers never bottom feed no matter who the QB is.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #25
gorillaz

Quote:
0%

But I hope you prove me wrong
I mean he went 6td to 2 ints along with almost 1400 yards. Poor guy was sacked 21 times in those 8 games.
gorillaz is offline   Reply With Quote