https://sports.yahoo.com/pat-neshek-...064953437.html

Just gonna leave this one here....

"Cavs in 7. Write it down"
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:54 PM   #2
SDcardguy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander07 View Post
I bet this post is going to get ugly like every other in person autograph post on here
SDcardguy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:59 PM   #3
JustinVerlander07

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDcardguy24 View Post
I bet this post is going to get ugly like every other in person autograph post on here
This should be a fun one. Pat is a fellow professional athlete, all the usual things the BO community usually brings up will not apply to him, and Greinke is STILL a jerk.

"Cavs in 7. Write it down"
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #4
WSCards5

It's crazy he wouldn't sign for a fellow MLB player. He signed about 100 cards for me in 2006 when he was at AA. He wouldn't sign for anyone else. It helped my mom and his fiance sparked up a friendship while sitting in the stands.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #5
Brewers3
Banned

Thats hilarious how he ripped him apart on a forum, i love it
Brewers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:07 PM   #6
jrosales

While this is entertaining, it originated on another forum that I am a member of and it was leaked without consent. I hope whoever leaked it gets banned from said forum. Pat is a great guy and it would be a shame to lose him from that forum.

Always open to discussing sketch card commissions. Please PM me for my availability.
jrosales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #7
awz50

I love how he calls him a turd
awz50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:15 PM   #8
IowaCubs1

Yeah he has changed a lot. My buddy and I used to sit by Greinke when he came into town with Omaha and he was running the gun in the stands. Always seemed like a cool guy. Then he hit the bigs and had his issues. Definitely has changed.
IowaCubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:20 PM   #9
Hallco

Autographs!
Hallco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:30 PM   #10
calculusdork

Call me crazy ......

Any chance this is a tactic to try and ruin Greinke for the playoffs? Why else wait until two weeks before the season ends?
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:30 PM   #11
poppincurbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales View Post
While this is entertaining, it originated on another forum that I am a member of and it was leaked without consent. I hope whoever leaked it gets banned from said forum. Pat is a great guy and it would be a shame to lose him from that forum.
When you post something on the internet, it's going to get out. Pat's openly discussing it on his Twitter, he doesn't care.

As a fan of Greinke, this cracks me up because I know how awkward he is. His social issues are well documented and he just flat-out doesn't like signing stuff, so that combined with telling Pat "NO" to his face are just hilarious to me.

I do appreciate Pat's dedication to collecting/autographs, but it's also hilarious to picture him sending FIVE cards with a clubhouse boy to be signed and getting denied. I'm sure he gets on plenty of player's nerves, Zack is just awkward enough to be blunt about it.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #12
calculusdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Call me crazy ......

Any chance this is a tactic to try and ruin Greinke for the playoffs? Why else wait until two weeks before the season ends?
For context ... I would assume it takes a lot more than something like this to send Greinke back into a social anxiety tizzy. The timing is just ... interesting.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:33 PM   #13
Chicharito

"I asked him at the all star game if he would sign for me and he said he would… so a couple weeks ago we played them and I sent over the cards I needed signed… basically 3 league leaders cards with Kershaw and Wainwright already done and 2 from 2015 to complete the set. He said no…"

He has every right to not wanting to sign his name next to Kershaw and Waino I suppose...
Chicharito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:35 PM   #14
RelicCollector

Would be interesting if Donald and Pat meet in postseason
RelicCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:49 PM   #15
notoriousrmb

I heard Greinke signed for Jesse Biddle...
notoriousrmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:54 PM   #16
no10pin

I love Greinke's reason for not signing the first time:

'He said he confused me with Brad Ziegler'.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #17
Zoop

"I wouldn't sign for your kid."

Not the best thing to say to a man whose child died not that long ago of SIDS.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #18
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by no10pin View Post
I love Greinke's reason for not signing the first time:

'He said he confused me with Brad Ziegler'.
That's the part that got me too.

Funny.

Hate your enemies//Save, save your friends//Find, find your place//Speak, speak the truth
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:06 PM   #19
rman112
Banned

Greinke has the personality of a corpse.
rman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #20
scottagibson

I just don't understand the level of frustration. If it is truly for his son, I get it... you want the best for him. Social anxiety or not, d*^% move by Greinke. But wouldn't the unsigned card(s) in his set tell more of a story than some lame autograph would??

Others mentioned that Pat "doesn't seem to care" that it is coming out and even talking about it on social media for all to see. To me, it puts a bad taste in my mouth on both of them (and I absolutely think the world of Pat)... I just don't feel like we should have ever heard this story.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:58 PM   #21
scfdff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottagibson View Post
I just don't understand the level of frustration. If it is truly for his son, I get it... you want the best for him. Social anxiety or not, d*^% move by Greinke. But wouldn't the unsigned card(s) in his set tell more of a story than some lame autograph would??

Others mentioned that Pat "doesn't seem to care" that it is coming out and even talking about it on social media for all to see. To me, it puts a bad taste in my mouth on both of them (and I absolutely think the world of Pat)... I just don't feel like we should have ever heard this story.
LOL this is such a weird thought process. the guy collects IP autographed sets. If he got zero signed would all of them tell a story? Of course not, and he started the sets with the goal of completing them. That's like arguing that someone trying to collect a rainbow should be fine with not getting a couple colors because it would give them a story to tell. Makes no sense
scfdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:24 PM   #22
SDcardguy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales View Post
I agree and I'd totally understand if he stops posting on there.

I think Pat was just trying to vent his frustration to other graphers that have the same experiences with him and not try to call him out in public. And now both are getting unfairly bashed all over social media.
SDcardguy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #23
AllRise
Banned - PBM

Forget everything else. So few guys(IMO) really care about the fans, or go out of their way to say thanks or give back a little(for helping to make them and anyone with their surname for the next 3 centuries filthy rich)...Mariano, Josh Hamilton, Neshek... There are more, but so few go OUT of their way to really thank the fans by signing for FREE... And to not care who is getting them for themselves, or who is selling them, or whatever.... No questions asked.

How many guys post to their twitter to send whatever they want signed to their team address? Not many...

Just for that reason alone, I back Neshek(not that he needs backing)...
AllRise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:24 PM   #24
scottagibson

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfdff View Post
LOL this is such a weird thought process. the guy collects IP autographed sets. If he got zero signed would all of them tell a story? Of course not, and he started the sets with the goal of completing them. That's like arguing that someone trying to collect a rainbow should be fine with not getting a couple colors because it would give them a story to tell. Makes no sense
Obviously Greinke is not the norm. I think I even read where he has most of the others from the set, so your point about him not obtaining very many signatures is ignorant, especially being that he is a major league player himself and said point is completely ignoring what I'm trying to say.

My point is... why on earth would you want another man's signature if they didn't want to give it to you in the first place?? You guys are supposed to be colleagues (in a sense) or atleast in the same coveted fraternity that is major-league baseball players!! It should just be expected that you sign autographs for one another's kids, especially at the All-Star game. It just blows my mind that he or anyone else who truly collects would even care to have a signature of someone in their collection if they talked that negatively toward you... especially when it involves your kid. Just crazy to me.

When I was 13 years old, I ran into Bob Gibson at a restaurant somewhere in Georgia eating breakfast. I spotted him right away and sat a pretty good ways away as to not disturb him. I waited until he was done eating and asked him for his signature as he was leaving. He could've politely said "no, I'm actually going to be signing at the show at such and such a time you could obtain one then." I might have considered it and waited until then to spend my allowance this way instead of busting packs! After all, at that age you don't think about things the same way you do as a grown man. Looking back, I understand why he did not want to sign for free. But I was a kid and by myself. When he called me a "little s*#t" and told me to quit wasting his gd time... I knew right then and there that he was not someone I ever cared to have in my collection. That was over 20 years ago and to this day I still couldn't care less whether I ever see another Bob Gibson card.

And comparing IP autograph sets to rainbows??? Apples and potatoes man... not even close to the same thing.

Last edited by scottagibson; 09-20-2017 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Error in spelling
scottagibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:02 PM   #25
r0yals2012

I was fortunate to get 2 Greinke autographs, one when he was with the Royals and the other when he was on the Brewers pitching at the K. He is a very weird guy won't say anything or won't even look at you. Not sure if he still does it but when he was in KC he would look down at the floor during the postseason show while being interviewed.
Waymaker Miracle Worker Promise Keeper My God That is Who You Are
r0yals2012 is online now   Reply With Quote