Blowout Cards Forums
2023 Football

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 09-28-2017, 12:33 AM   #1
priestc

Default Trying to build a 2014 Panini Hall of Fame master set

Lately I've been obsessed with the idea of having a collection that is "world class", in that it is recognized as the most complete or most "best" of anyone else known. I've decided to start hoarding 2014 Panini Hall of Fame. I believe my collection of nearly 600 cards is more than anyone else. If anyone out there thinks they have more 2014 Panini Hall of Fame cards than me, please come forward and post some pictures, I want to know what the benchmark is.

There is nothing special about 2014 Panini Hall of Fame. It is probably one of the most forgettable sets in recent times. The cards were issued in one pack boxes of 12 cards. One case contained like 100 cards (or thereabouts). My collection is mostly /75 and unnumbered, but I also have some cards /50 and lower. I hope to some dat have all the cards /25 and up, but that will take a very long time.

Here are some pictures:

The entire collection in one photo. The box on the right is my main collection and that box is 75% numbered cards. The remaining 25% are the unnumbered inserts. The larger box on the left has the rest of the unnumbered cards above the foam divider. Cards below the foam divider are duplicates. The smaller box is all dominator/elite duplicated. I estimate total number of cards to be around 600 cards.

Gold /5, Green /10, and Black /1. I have two Frank Robinson Green/Gold. Only one 1/1: Blyleven green shield.

Blue foil /25. I have 16 cards in total.

Red foil /50, I have about 20 cards from each color shield.

Silver shield /75. I am 30% or 40% complete for each shield color.

Two Emerald gem cards (/15), and one Saphhire (/10). These cards were the big draw for this set other than the cut autos and signatures. I don't really like the cards, so I only have three of them. I don't have any diamond gem cards, which are one of ones.

Crusades inserts. Blue are unnumbered, and I have all of them except about 10 or so. Reds are /50 and I have just over 50% of the set. Purple are /50 and I only have 20 or so. I have 7 orange die-cuts (/25), 2 gold die-cuts (/10) and one green die-cut (/5), but no black die-cut, which are 1/1.

Elite and Dominator inserts, I have nearly complete sets of these, missing about 5 cards from both sets.

Last but not least, Diamond Kinds insert. White border are unnumbered and I have the complete set except for 3 or 4 cards. Red background are /50 and I have just over half. Blue background are /50 and I have maybe 25% of the set. I have one gold (/10) and one green (/5). No blacks, which are 1/1.
priestc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:41 AM   #2
Skipscards

Send a message via AIM to Skipscards Send a message via Yahoo to Skipscards

Woah.

Skipscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:18 AM   #3
brad456

Do you have a list of needs? Maybe I can help you out.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 09-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #4
scottagibson

Yes, same question as Brad… I just opened nine boxes out of boredom the other night. I hit some pretty cool cards… Let me know if you are buying.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:31 PM   #5
priestc

Here is my checklist: https://github.com/priestc/BaseballC...stown/2014.txt

I'm mostly buying /75, /50 and unnumbered cards at this time. All cards with an X next to it are cards I already have. At the bottom, there is a list of "wants".
priestc is offline   Reply With Quote