AD Golden Auction 100

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-08-2020, 03:43 PM   #1
marinocollector

Default Beware 2019 Flawless Redemption Cards

BEWARE THE BC!!!’

Feel like I should post this, since I had to warn my dad as the cards listed aren’t very clear. All the redemption cards I have seen so far are for Blockchain / digital cards with no physical counterpart. Do not pay major money for these cards thinking you are getting a rare autograph or patch card.

Here’s an example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233553186912
Old 04-08-2020, 03:56 PM   #2
Siberian13

It says blockchain in the description

Why do you need a redemption for a digital card? Weird.
Why do you need a digital card? Even weirder
Old 04-08-2020, 05:07 PM   #3
Seahawks fan

The strangest part is it says 24pt right on the redemption..why would anyone care what size 1 touch to put their digital card in? What's next ??? Digital top loaders and one touches to keep your cards from spam viruses?

Digital cards are trash unless they are for a game.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:07 PM   #4
KaPluie

There are at least 15 digital-only blockchain redemptions on e-bay right now, all of which seem to have bids
KaPluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:16 PM   #5
SleeperCards

Going to be some unhappy buyers on this stuff for sure.
SleeperCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:25 PM   #6
WallyatJCCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinocollector View Post
BEWARE THE BC!!!’

Feel like I should post this, since I had to warn my dad as the cards listed aren’t very clear. All the redemption cards I have seen so far are for Blockchain / digital cards with no physical counterpart. Do not pay major money for these cards thinking you are getting a rare autograph or patch card.

Here’s an example:

Thanks for the heads up. So, what ARE they good for? I don't get this program and I thought there was the option to ask for the physical card based on the original explanation of the program?
Old 04-08-2020, 06:32 PM   #7
1dayshow

My guess is that when the person redeems the card, it will be in their Panini account. Either that or Panini is waiting on Virtual Dan Marino to sign this virtual card.
1dayshow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:32 PM   #8
LTLurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinocollector View Post
BEWARE THE BC!!!’

Here’s an example:

There are going to be so many people getting suckered by this. Even if you clearly describe what you are getting, most people will be confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LTLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:16 PM   #9
KaPluie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyatJCCards View Post
Thanks for the heads up. So, what ARE they good for? I don't get this program and I thought there was the option to ask for the physical card based on the original explanation of the program?
Shared this on the other thread, but might as well re-post here as well.

For those confused about the blockchain card, here is the info:

Digital-only Flawless blockchain card, #/10 or less

https://www.paniniamerica.net/blog/p...o-be-flawless/

By just about any measure, Panini America’s inaugural launch of the Panini Blockchain initiative was wildly successful. Over the course of 10 weeks, the 100 cards in the initial wave sold for an average of almost $4,500 apiece — including two cards that sold for more than $60,000 each. In addition to including Blockchain digital cards in that initial launch, each card also was accompanied by a physical National Treasures Blockchain card, too.

But for the highly anticipated next wave, Panini America officials are offering a “more traditional” Blockchain experience — and they’re using the vaunted 2019 Flawless Football release as the delivery mechanism. In every briefcase of 2019 Flawless Football, releasing next Wednesday, Panini America officials are including one Flawless Blockchain bonus card in addition to the regular content found in each box. By scanning the QR code on that card, collectors will immediately take ownership of the respective Flawless Blockchain digital card through the Panini Blockchain website.

The Flawless Blockchain checklist features more than 500 unique Flawless Blockchain digital cards, each numbered to 10 or less. We offer a brief gallery of some of those cards below. Unlike the initial 100-card Panini Blockchain release, these cards will not have physical counterparts.

Once collectors claim their Flawless Blockchain digital card either through the Panini Blockchain site or by scanning the QR code using the Panini Direct app, they will be able to to maintain ownership of the card, but also have the ability to auction the card securely on the Panini Blockchain to another buyer. In addition, collectors can search the Panini Blockchain site for other auctions. In the near future, the Panini Blockchain site will offer additional functionality such as personal galleries, ownership histories for individual cards and more.

We’ll have plenty more on Panini Blockchain, but for now, enjoy this sneak peek of next week’s Flawless Blockchain cards.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:22 PM   #10
mc1

People cant or wont read. So lazy and dull.
mc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:28 PM   #11
KaPluie

BTW, I kinda like the digital cards, so anyone who is looking to get rid of one let me know
Old 04-09-2020, 08:34 AM   #12
Tonic3

Well now to add to the confusion, a few of the digital versions of the original 100 cards Panini sold with the physical version are now showing up at auction.

The Lillard Logoman/auto is up and it has a bid of $1000. The Lamar Jackson shield/auto is up and has a bid of $810 (originally sold with physical version for $2700). I thought maybe people were starting to figure it out, but it appears they still believe the physical version is included.

The Lillard logoman/auto sold originally (with the physical version) for $1959 which means the owner is going to recoup over half of his money by selling the digital version

I really really hope the word spreads quickly and this madness stops, but I doubt Panini will do anything to clear it up. They get a "commission" every time one of these digital cards sells. I sold my Peyton Manning for $200 last week (which completely surprised me) and they charged a $20 "Commission Fee"
Tonic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:32 AM   #13
Grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dayshow View Post
My guess is that when the person redeems the card, it will be in their Panini account. Either that or Panini is waiting on Virtual Dan Marino to sign this virtual card.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:37 AM   #14
KaPluie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonic3 View Post
Well now to add to the confusion, a few of the digital versions of the original 100 cards Panini sold with the physical version are now showing up at auction.
Gotta love those original sticker-auto digital cards!

Last edited by KaPluie; 04-09-2020 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:44 AM   #15
Earlsnake07

The better question.............how will these grade?

Nothing like having a POP 1 Panini Blockchain BGS BLACK LABEL MOJO HOT FIRE MVP 1/1 PLAYS WITH PATRICK MAHOMES Quad Diamond autograph jersey Mecole Hardeman
Old 04-09-2020, 09:45 AM   #16
mjh1569

Sound similar to the old eTopps cards, but at least they had a physical counterpart you could take possession of. I don't see this being successful in the long run at all.

For me, as is with probably most, owning and being able to hold the card is part of the experience
mjh1569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:43 AM   #17
pfb11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh1569 View Post
Sound similar to the old eTopps cards, but at least they had a physical counterpart you could take possession of. I don't see this being successful in the long run at all.

For me, as is with probably most, owning and being able to hold the card is part of the experience
Oh yeah, exactly the same thing except that one exists and one doesn't.

Anyone want this picture of bread in exchange for a real loaf?

Old 04-10-2020, 01:55 AM   #18
DUCKanay

I made close to 1K playing Star Wars Card Trader when it first came out. Not sure why people knock them, they're a free hit in the product. People are still selling their accounts and virtual sets for hundreds of dollars:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...lete=1&_sop=16

Topps Huddle cards and accounts going for several hundred dollars too:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro..._Sold=1&_oac=1

Why pay for a virtual coin that has millions of coins? These are numbered all 25 or less.
DUCKanay is offline   Reply With Quote