Blowout Cards Forums
2023 Football

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 05-29-2021, 11:23 AM   #1
eye4talent

Default Listing on ebay: “Used” is the only condition option??

I imagine some of you have noticed that the condition options on ebay switched from “brand new, like new, etc...” to “used” and nothing else.

A better description can be added within the listing, but it sure seems odd to only offer “used” and nothing else. And if you gloss over this in creating a listing, then all buyers see is an unflattering description of your card’s condition.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
eye4talent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:41 AM   #2
AwesomeBrian

It's ridiculous. There is a condition option in the Requirements section under "Graded". The overhaul is embarrassingly bad and I don't see how anyone could think it was an improvement. F ebay

Another fun story... sold 3 cards Thursday, printed labels Thursday, shipped Friday. Got no payment today. Looked on site and said all 3 sales are 'processing' on the 31st. Managed Payments can F itself too. Been on them since August. Why do I have to wait 5 days for my money?
AwesomeBrian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:44 AM   #3
Peties Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeBrian View Post
It's ridiculous. There is a condition option in the Requirements section under "Graded". The overhaul is embarrassingly bad and I don't see how anyone could think it was an improvement. F ebay

Another fun story... sold 3 cards Thursday, printed labels Thursday, shipped Friday. Got no payment today. Looked on site and said all 3 sales are 'processing' on the 31st. Managed Payments can F itself too. Been on them since August. Why do I have to wait 5 days for my money?
I mean it’s a holiday weekend. If it went through PayPal wouldn’t get it until Tuesday either.
Old 05-29-2021, 12:33 PM   #4
HarryLime

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye4talent View Post

Am I missing something?

Yes, pay MySlabs 1% instead of eBay's 10%. I'll never sell on eBay again.

Arthur
HarryLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 12:34 PM   #5
thenightman

Quote:
I imagine some of you have noticed that the condition options on ebay switched from “brand new, like new, etc...” to “used” and nothing else.

A better description can be added within the listing, but it sure seems odd to only offer “used” and nothing else. And if you gloss over this in creating a listing, then all buyers see is an unflattering description of your card’s condition.

Am I missing something?
You aren't missing anything. Condition has basically been moved to Item Specifics. You say that card isn't graded and then you give it a grade that aligns with what most collectors are familiar with. It appears ebay has a link that defines what each condition means, but it hasn't been updated yet.

It's just a new way they're doing things and I reckon in a year nobody will be complaining about it and I dare say prefer it to the old way.
thenightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 12:35 PM   #6
Cavaliercards

Quote:

Paypal is starting to remove the available funds now from sellers, their plan is to implement fully the ebay system in 2022. You pay today your money is available in 5-7 business days.

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 12:36 PM   #7
eye4talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLime View Post

Arthur

But what about selling raw card? MySlabs is only for graded cards, yeah?

Old 05-29-2021, 12:37 PM   #8
eye4talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightman View Post
You aren't missing anything. Condition has basically been moved to Item Specifics. You say that card isn't graded and then you give it a grade that aligns with what most collectors are familiar with. It appears ebay has a link that defines what each condition means, but it hasn't been updated yet.

It's just a new way they're doing things and I reckon in a year nobody will be complaining about it and I dare say prefer it to the old way.

Got it.

So, just to be clear, are you the Nightman, or fighter of the Nightman?

Old 05-29-2021, 12:41 PM   #9
ucLAkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLime View Post

Arthur
L
O
L

Myraws.com?
Old 05-29-2021, 12:44 PM   #10
LVDan

Ebay in general is a PIA lately. We have to update any current listings and re-do item specifics? Just heard about that this morning. Probably better off ending all and relisting Im guessing?
Humbug
Old 05-29-2021, 12:53 PM   #11
thenightman

Quote:
Got it.

So, just to be clear, are you the Nightman, or fighter of the Nightman?

My pleasure and to answer your question it's ambiguous. I leave it up to you.
Old 05-29-2021, 12:55 PM   #12
thenightman

Quote:

Wait, did the buyers officially pay for the cards or not? Based on what you're saying it sounds like 3 buyers committed to buying cards and before they paid you printed the labels and shipped them out. Is this accurate?
Old 05-29-2021, 12:58 PM   #13
thenightman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVDan View Post
Ebay in general is a PIA lately. We have to update any current listings and re-do item specifics? Just heard about that this morning. Probably better off ending all and relisting Im guessing?
Humbug
Not really, you'd still need to update the listings. May as well do it through your active listings.

The biggest issue I have with things as they stand right now is that when you try to update your listings, even though you put down that the cards aren't graded they want you to give the card a slab grade and say who graded it. I've mentioned this to them and they said they'd pass it to the team.'

In the meantime, since it's not required, I just click that nifty box that says not to be reminded. Of course, I do this after updating all the relevant info. I mean, eventually everything will be a requirement, so better to do it now than have to go back and do it later.
Old 05-29-2021, 01:03 PM   #14
LVDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightman View Post
Wait, did the buyers officially pay for the cards or not? Based on what you're saying it sounds like 3 buyers committed to buying cards and before they paid you printed the labels and shipped them out. Is this accurate?

They paid. Any sales on Thursday generally won’t be avail in you bank account till Tuesday. The longest waiting day- add the holiday in and thats now a 6 day wait I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2021, 01:17 PM   #15
DynaEtch

I can’t understand why we have to use terms like “used” for a card anyway- it’s not a DVD or an appliance. Technically any card that has been opened from packs is “used”, hence their only allowing this designation for something listed under the category individual cards (as opposed to sealed pack category). But cmon eBay- this terminology is ridiculous for trading cards. Condition of card is what’s relevant.
Old 05-29-2021, 01:18 PM   #16
rms13

Quote:

Am I missing something?

What are you trying to sell? If you’re selling individual cards then they are used. Personally I think listing any condition is a recipe for getting a return. It’s used and you post photos so buyer can judge condition for themselves. Once you start saying like new, near mint, very good etc than buyer can get it and say it doesn’t match the description

rms13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 01:29 PM   #17
Chrominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucLAkers View Post
L
O
L

Myraws.com?
psa10possible.com
mingradenotmet.com
dontaskforapicoftheback.com

My choices for moving pack fresh:

COMC - raw cards $99 or less

eBay - raw cards $100 or more
Chrominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 02:11 PM   #18
AwesomeBrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peties Army View Post
I mean it’s a holiday weekend. If it went through PayPal wouldn’t get it until Tuesday either.
If they were still on Paypal I would have had money immediately. My 2nd store just got moved to Managed also, was on Paypal up till the 21st and payments were instant in my wallet
Old 05-29-2021, 02:13 PM   #19
AwesomeBrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVDan View Post
Humbug
I'm thinking the same thing Dan... I have about 400 cards in my PWE store. Not sure how I'm gonna attack it. Been reading in the ebay section that bulk relist has issues (shocking I know). Something about the variations for drop down listings too is messed up. Just a *hitshow right now.
Old 05-29-2021, 02:54 PM   #20
eye4talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrominator View Post
psa10possible.com

mingradenotmet.com

dontaskforapicoftheback.com

My choices for moving pack fresh:

COMC - raw cards $99 or less

eBay - raw cards $100 or more

Packfresh.com, maybe?

Lower stuff definitely goes to COMC, but I’m good with listing $50 and above.

Old 05-29-2021, 03:06 PM   #21
Pacmeyer

Quote:

Am I missing something?

Over the years I've seen many items that are factory sealed or otherwise brand new listed by the seller as used just to be on the safe side because it passed through their hands and is technically not new. It didn't seem to affect the sales as long as the seller's description and pictures are clear as to what's being listed.
Pacmeyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 05:57 PM   #22
cardsin47

Quote:

Am I missing something?

Last edited by cardsin47; 05-29-2021 at 06:03 PM.
cardsin47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 06:09 PM   #23
hairysasquatch

Looks like ebay is just going to work sellers over every 6 months or so with some new idiotic innovation.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:13 PM   #24
PuddleMonkey

With how often I've seen fuzzy or even rounded corners on a listed card I don't think the condition options means squat to begin with.
PuddleMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 09:37 PM   #25
BaseballKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Looks like ebay is just going to work sellers over every 6 months or so with some new idiotic innovation.
I blame Sports Card Investor. I think he with his Market Movers has probably been
the catalyst for these latest 'innovations'. I'm pretty sure he has ebay's ear.
BaseballKing is offline   Reply With Quote