Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 100

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > FANTASY SPORTS TALK > FANTASY FOOTBALL

Notices

FANTASY FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL fantasy talk here... daily fantasy and leagues.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:44 AM   #1
ffwiseguy

Default BO Postseason Roster Contest 21/22 ($25)

Running this again this year. Again, all funds will be held in Paypal for instant payout, and I will also be requiring friends and family payment this year. If you are not okay with me holding all the funds or sending friends and family, please do not join.

Below is the original post from last year. I'm going to take a look through last year's thread to see if we came across any changes we wanted to make for this year.

Total Prize Pool
Payout
1st (75% of Prize Pool)
2nd (25% of Prize Pool)

Postseason Roster Contest Submission Form

Link to pay through paypal. Please send $25 F&F through this link, and in the comments put "BO username + FFW roster"

This submission form is the only way to officially enter the contest, won't be taking any PMs. The email here will also be used to validate payments, so be sure you're using the right email.

If you are submitting more than one entry, please be sure to use a (1) or designate in some way that differentiates your multiple entries.

After you submit the form, you will receive an email from Google Forms with your responses. This will also contain a link to edit your responses if you choose to.

You can edit your submission as much as you'd like up to the deadline. If you are unable to edit, you can just submit a new entry.

Please use first and last names for all players you are selecting, don't make me do any guesswork. Adding a position is helpful, but not required. You are responsible for making sure that your roster is valid both in terms of containing one player from every team, and meeting all the position requirements. I don't like to have the rosters influence my team, so I don't check the submissions as they come in for compliance. I may send out some last minute PMs if I notice anything, but it will be very close to the deadline, so can't guarantee I can wait for your changes. All invalid submissions will have their entry fee refunded.

After the deadline, I will take whatever is the most recently submitted or edited roster is (timestamps are captured for last edit), and that will be your official roster. Once rosters are posted here, there are no changes accepted (unless there was an error on my part), and the google sheet will be the source of truth. Payment must have also been received at this time for your submission to be accepted.

Each owner will build a team based on the positions below. Roster must contain ONE player from each playoff team, and will stay the same throughout the entire playoffs. There is no draft, and some players will be on multiple rosters. Rosters will be due by the end of day Thursday, 1/13. No roster adjustments will be made to account for last second injury/changes, so if you pick someone with an injury status, you take the risk that they don't play.

For the first two weeks of playoffs, there will be eliminations each week for the bottom 25% of TOTAL TEAMS ENTERED (not remaining teams). This means after the 2nd round, only half the teams will be alive. This is to reward owners that take risks on 1st round teams, and to further diversify rosters and strategy. 2nd week elimination will be based on CUMULATIVE POINTS, so even if you have the most points in week 2, if you are in the bottom 2 based on combined score, you will be eliminated. Rounding on the 25% will always lean towards eliminating fewer teams.

Most cumulative points after the Super Bowl among remaining active teams is the winner. If we have 10 teams or less, it will be winner take all. If we get more than 10, 1st place will take 75% and 2nd will take 25% of total prize pool.

Playoff Teams
1. Kansas City Chiefs
2. Buffalo Bills
3. Pittsburgh Steelers
4. Tennessee Titans
5. Las Vegas Raiders
6. New England Patriots
7. Cincinnati Bengals
8. Green Bay Packers
9. San Francisco 49ers
10. Arizona Cardinals
11. Dallas Cowboys
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
13. Los Angeles Rams
14. Philadelphia Eagles

QB
QB
RB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
WR
WR
TE
TE
K
DEF/Special

Scoring
Player Scoring (QB/RB/WR/TE/K)
Passing Yards 25 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 4
Interceptions -2
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Receptions 0.5
Receiving Yards 10 yards per point
Receiving Touchdowns 6
Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversion (passing) 2
2-Point Conversion (rushing/receiving) 2
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6

Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -1
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -1
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -1
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards -1
Point After Attempt Made 1
Point After Attempt Missed -1

Defense/Special Teams Scoring (Does not apply to players)
Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 6
Safety 5
Block FG/PAT/Punt 2
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
Points Allowed 0 points 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -4
Defensive Extra Point Returned 2

There will be no scoring based on yardage allowed

We will utilize partial scoring

*Any scoring not addressed here will be set at my discretion, and will likely be set to whatever the default myfantasyleague.com setting is. I will be sure to post it here, and no changes will be made once games start.

Rosters will be hosted on myfantasyleague.com, and that will act as official scoring for the contest. Adjustments will only be made if the scoring settings do not reflect the settings above, and scoring determinations made the the site will be final.

- I am avoiding looking at rosters so as to not influence my entry, so it is on you to make sure your roster contains EXACTLY ONE player from each playoff team. I wont' be looking at the rosters until after the deadline, so if your roster is wrong, you may be disqualified (you will get a full refund).
- After week 1, the bottom 25% of total entrants will be eliminated. After week 2, the next bottom 25% of total entrants will eliminated. I will round down on the number, so based on the current entrant pool of 9, bottom two would be eliminated after week 1, and bottom two would be eliminated after week 2. There are no eliminations after week 2, so the top 50% of the total pool will be competing for the championship. Ties will also err on the side of eliminating less owners. So for example if the 2nd and 3rd lowest scores are exactly the same, neither owner would be eliminated, and there would only be one elimination that week (assuming the lowest score was not tied with the other two).
- We will be using Super Bowl Score as a tiebreaker. Tiebreaker scores will not need to be submitted until the SB teams are determined. But tiebreaker order will be 1)Total Score 2)AFC Score 3)NFC Score. If all three tiebreakers are equal, winners will split the prize pool equally.

Last edited by ffwiseguy; 01-10-2022 at 12:20 PM.
ffwiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 10:45 AM   #2
ffwiseguy

Interest List
FFWiseguy (x2)
Kris M (non-BO)
chittychitty844 (x4)

Postseason Roster Contest Submission Form

Link to pay through paypal. Please send $25 F&F through this link, and in the comments put "BO username + FFW roster"

Payment will be due with roster submission to qualify your entry.

Last edited by ffwiseguy; 01-11-2022 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:36 AM   #3
ffwiseguy

Any interest here? Between myself and some non-BO entries, I have 3 Chittychitty844 is submitting 4, and i got a PM asking about the contest, so I think we're around 8 so far. If we can get 10, this will go for sure, but hoping we can get to 20!
Old 01-12-2022, 03:31 PM   #4
ffwiseguy

Haven't seen much interest here. Probably want at least 5 entrants, so if I don't hear anything else today, we'll call this canceled for the year.
Old 01-12-2022, 08:31 PM   #5
ffwiseguy

Okay, cancelling this. We'll try again next year!
Old 01-13-2022, 08:12 PM   #6
xbignick

Damn, just saw this now.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:35 PM   #7
Dacubs

bummer...didn't see this...it was fun last year
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 03:44 PM   #8
mnvikingstwins

I'd join if we still do it didn't see the post originally
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote