Blowout Cards Forums
Anthony Edwards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

View Poll Results: What's the best way to retire from BO?
Get banned for breaking the rules 3 9.09%
Get banned by asking the mods to ban you 0 0%
Get banned by posting increasingly vulgar pictures on a baseball thread 2 6.06%
Make a 10,000 post retirement speech 1 3.03%
Make a 10,000 post retirement speech, retire, come back, post 50,000 more times 10 30.30%
Leave a cryptic "this may be my last post" and never return 9 27.27%
Forget the password to your login and forget the email address for the p/w reset 2 6.06%
Retire? I'm going to post forever! 2 6.06%
JP, please stop drinking 1 3.03%
Other 6 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2023, 08:25 AM   #1
jplarson

Default jplarson's 10,000th Post Retirement Speech

"Today...I consider myself...the 2nd luckiest man...on the face of this earth."

Well my friends, the time has come where I mark my 8-year anniversary of joining BO and post my last post (#10,000), hang up the keyboard, and ride off into the sunset. What better way than to make it a pole?! But before I do I would like to say a few things to a few members. If I forget any of you it is not intentional!

ASUJBL - Your three sentence structure reply is one of my favorite things here. I'd be honored to be your poop guy for a day anytime. I still don't get college football though.
49ersRC - I enjoyed being able to chat with someone about my favorite 49er players from my youth. You're level headed and a good influence. Sorry what happened to the Purdy thread.
bigdog2003 - Those kids may or may not know how much you helped them in sports leagues, but you are doing wonderful work. It is worth the effort but it doesn't have to be where you live. Countless communities could also benefit from your talents.
Boo - Your holiday avatars are fun and the Compound story line always amusing. You can't spell BO without Boo… and, uh, ignoring the extra "o" .
BostonNut - I still appreciate our coming to an understanding and helping me not to assume so much. You also helped inspire this very post! 2024 is coming up, might be a good time to consider extending an olive branch
ChrisCPA - Nobody comes in a like a wrecking ball quite like you! #Respect but sometimes being more vague = more comedy
cnewby - I hope you get your avatar back someday. It stinks when someone copies it to troll you . Ditto the Lions sentiments from Hairy.
Corndog - Best wishes in 2024, this summer is gonna rock!
Foleylion - You were super cool on Beckett and you're still awesome now .
Frenzy - I appreciate the wit and you being the patron saint of unsung and itinerant QBs. Can't wait to download the latest BO Tales!
FT - I'll never look at a train the same way again. I hope your subordinates appreciate that their antics are the least you have to put up with. I never learned why you aren't an Orioles fan.
Glen - An enigma wrapped in a mystery inside an puzzle. Helpful to a fault outside of the OT section. Quality post after quality post all over the site sometimes in the most random places. Glad my toilet seat poll was your favorite pole of 2023
Goldy - I'm glad you got work stuff sorted out, that can be anxiety inducing. I've enjoyed the Michael Stick and Mikey Fern pictures, they spruce up the place. Here's to a resurgence of the Purple People Eaters riding the Passtronaught's golden arm!
Grid - My main man from Chicago! You'll fight every guy to the ends of the earth for our beleaguered franchise. I'd love to emulate your man cave one day.
Hairy - My fellow brother in BUC, best of luck with the Lions, if the Bears aren't gonna do it I'd like to see the Campbell Men get a shot.
jlzinkck - I didn't know you well but you've got an iron will and I hope continue to conquer every challenge tossed at you. Anyone with a username starting with a "j" is already ahead in life.
Josie - I don't know how you do it. Modern day super woman spreading kindness and empathy to those in your community and a sharp wit to keep the boys in check. 10/10, no notes.
Majestik - I'll always laugh about digging through shoe boxes when former hobby darlings unexpectedly do well. No interception I watch will ever lack an "oopsie daisy" comment. I won't miss having to change my phone auto-corrections from "majestic". Mike Evans for HoF!!!
Nick - You're good people and we'll always have Mitch and Chase to commiserate about. Would absolutely go to a bar and get a beer with you! 2024 is coming up, might be a good time to consider extending an olive branch
NinjaCookies and all my BUC brothers - BUC Nation is firmly established now. Continue to enlighten those who haven't known the joys of the BUCness.
Saraste - Your story on the other store's Evil One, weekend card shows, and impromptu naps were great!
Sibs - You remind me of my brother if he were ever on the internet. I like the cut of your jib and your rap tastes are as impeccable as Jamal Anderson clowning fools for another end zone trip.
Sleeper - We may not agree on a lot but I've always liked your steady presence and giving me pause for self-reflection.
Spuds - I've found your introspectives thought provoking and baseball takes entertaining.
TallGuy1991 - Thanks for creating the greatest meme I've ever read on BO. I wish I could have had a quarter of the impact.
Zebrahead and longhornjunkie - Thanks guys for selling me Topps Finest stuff at good prices and great shipping. The whole reason I originally joined BO was to find more untapped sources to fill Finest sets

And to anyone else out there I may have forgotten…it's been fun! Thanks to all the trolls who made this place a downright hoot to come to day in and day out…Fratboy the Clamson Man and his alts , Bbases hilariously Calling things a year later , and the Discord boyz …you all know who you are…

I will leave you with this:

Be curious, have empathy, and never stop beating dead horses. Did you know Arby's sells fish sandwiches?

The TL: DR version

SipSipSip

"If you don’t explicitly say something, it will always be the most heinous interpretation of what you said." -JN 3.25.24
jplarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 08:32 AM   #2
BostonNut

BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 08:33 AM   #3
Boo

Old 11-15-2023, 08:46 AM   #4
JeremyNick

7 minutes.

Love that BNut probably injured himself trying to be the first to reply.
JeremyNick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 09:01 AM   #5
the mesiah

https://www.flickr.com/photos/196511489@N05/albums/with/72177720302212328
the mesiah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 09:41 AM   #6
oldgoldy97

I hope you pull a BNut and not leave.

The best part of visiting Wisconsin? Leaving.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 09:57 AM   #7
BostonNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
I hope some of his posts get deleted so he has less than 10,000
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 10:09 AM   #8
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
We will take that if you leave instead.
Old 11-15-2023, 10:23 AM   #9
glen87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
We will take that if you leave instead.
can we include BNUT along with CornMold if we can keep op?????????

other cards: https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 10:34 AM   #10
oldgoldy97

I think I saw someone say more leaves.

Can do!

The best part of visiting Wisconsin? Leaving.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 10:50 AM   #11
jdandns

You can tell he really cared for me.
He didn't make me a pallbearer.
Old 11-15-2023, 10:51 AM   #12
TheFrenzy

This might even have been his very last one...
Old 11-15-2023, 10:53 AM   #13
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplarson View Post
"Today...I consider myself...the 2nd luckiest man...on the face of this earth."

Well my friends, the time has come where I mark my 8-year anniversary of joining BO and post my last post (#10,000), hang up the keyboard, and ride off into the sunset. What better way than to make it a pole?! But before I do I would like to say a few things to a few members. If I forget any of you it is not intentional!

ASUJBL - Your three sentence structure reply is one of my favorite things here. I'd be honored to be your poop guy for a day anytime. I still don't get college football though.
49ersRC - I enjoyed being able to chat with someone about my favorite 49er players from my youth. You're level headed and a good influence. Sorry what happened to the Purdy thread.
bigdog2003 - Those kids may or may not know how much you helped them in sports leagues, but you are doing wonderful work. It is worth the effort but it doesn't have to be where you live. Countless communities could also benefit from your talents.
Boo - Your holiday avatars are fun and the Compound story line always amusing. You can't spell BO without Boo… and, uh, ignoring the extra "o" .
BostonNut - I still appreciate our coming to an understanding and helping me not to assume so much. You also helped inspire this very post! 2024 is coming up, might be a good time to consider extending an olive branch
ChrisCPA - Nobody comes in a like a wrecking ball quite like you! #Respect but sometimes being more vague = more comedy
cnewby - I hope you get your avatar back someday. It stinks when someone copies it to troll you . Ditto the Lions sentiments from Hairy.
Corndog - Best wishes in 2024, this summer is gonna rock!
Foleylion - You were super cool on Beckett and you're still awesome now .
Frenzy - I appreciate the wit and you being the patron saint of unsung and itinerant QBs. Can't wait to download the latest BO Tales!
FT - I'll never look at a train the same way again. I hope your subordinates appreciate that their antics are the least you have to put up with. I never learned why you aren't an Orioles fan.
Glen - An enigma wrapped in a mystery inside an puzzle. Helpful to a fault outside of the OT section. Quality post after quality post all over the site sometimes in the most random places. Glad my toilet seat poll was your favorite pole of 2023
Goldy - I'm glad you got work stuff sorted out, that can be anxiety inducing. I've enjoyed the Michael Stick and Mikey Fern pictures, they spruce up the place. Here's to a resurgence of the Purple People Eaters riding the Passtronaught's golden arm!
Grid - My main man from Chicago! You'll fight every guy to the ends of the earth for our beleaguered franchise. I'd love to emulate your man cave one day.
Hairy - My fellow brother in BUC, best of luck with the Lions, if the Bears aren't gonna do it I'd like to see the Campbell Men get a shot.
jlzinkck - I didn't know you well but you've got an iron will and I hope continue to conquer every challenge tossed at you. Anyone with a username starting with a "j" is already ahead in life.
Josie - I don't know how you do it. Modern day super woman spreading kindness and empathy to those in your community and a sharp wit to keep the boys in check. 10/10, no notes.
Majestik - I'll always laugh about digging through shoe boxes when former hobby darlings unexpectedly do well. No interception I watch will ever lack an "oopsie daisy" comment. I won't miss having to change my phone auto-corrections from "majestic". Mike Evans for HoF!!!
Nick - You're good people and we'll always have Mitch and Chase to commiserate about. Would absolutely go to a bar and get a beer with you! 2024 is coming up, might be a good time to consider extending an olive branch
NinjaCookies and all my BUC brothers - BUC Nation is firmly established now. Continue to enlighten those who haven't known the joys of the BUCness.
Saraste - Your story on the other store's Evil One, weekend card shows, and impromptu naps were great!
Sibs - You remind me of my brother if he were ever on the internet. I like the cut of your jib and your rap tastes are as impeccable as Jamal Anderson clowning fools for another end zone trip.
Sleeper - We may not agree on a lot but I've always liked your steady presence and giving me pause for self-reflection.
Spuds - I've found your introspectives thought provoking and baseball takes entertaining.
TallGuy1991 - Thanks for creating the greatest meme I've ever read on BO. I wish I could have had a quarter of the impact.
Zebrahead and longhornjunkie - Thanks guys for selling me Topps Finest stuff at good prices and great shipping. The whole reason I originally joined BO was to find more untapped sources to fill Finest sets

And to anyone else out there I may have forgotten…it's been fun! Thanks to all the trolls who made this place a downright hoot to come to day in and day out…Fratboy the Clamson Man and his alts , Bbases hilariously Calling things a year later , and the Discord boyz …you all know who you are…

I will leave you with this:

Be curious, have empathy, and never stop beating dead horses. Did you know Arby's sells fish sandwiches?

The TL: DR version

SipSipSip
How could you forget BBases?
Old 11-15-2023, 10:54 AM   #14
TheFrenzy

Current mood:

Old 11-15-2023, 11:00 AM   #15
JeremyNick

Quote:
You’re a Reading Marvel.
Old 11-15-2023, 11:01 AM   #16
corndog
BODA

Location: From a table in McDonalds, with lovely fake flowers on it.

Do I know you?
Old 11-15-2023, 11:04 AM   #17
JosieD

Thank you for the kind words. They are very appreciated!
instagram: @oldschoolboxbreaks
JosieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 11:07 AM   #18
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNick View Post
You’re a Reading Marvel.
In bold with his “friends”
Old 11-15-2023, 11:11 AM   #19
glen87

Quote:
you actually read all of that mess?????

glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 11:13 AM   #20
JeremyNick

Quote:
In bold with his “friends”
You need a guy to do your reading.
Old 11-15-2023, 11:17 AM   #21
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNick View Post
You need a guy to do your reading.
I’m not lazy and don’t need to free up time to do more drinking.
Old 11-15-2023, 11:18 AM   #22
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post
you actually read all of that mess?????
Just so you know, he loves your pole.
Old 11-15-2023, 11:25 AM   #23
glen87

Quote:
Just so you know, he loves your pole.