Blowout Cards Forums
2023 Football

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

Notices

HOCKEY Post your Hockey Cards Hobby Talk

Old 03-12-2024, 05:16 PM   #1
AVirk51

Default 23-24 Series 1 and Beyond

So for the last few years, the market has been flooded with product for 21-22 and 22-23, and sealed wax prices have dropped quite a bit.

However, will that be the case with 23-24 flagship product and beyond?

Since the format has changed, especially with the Red Outbursts and the 1 of 1, will box prices hold for even Series 1 going forward, as I don't think a lot of the 1 of 1's have been pulled (or at least going by what you see online, as I get that not everyone posts stuff to flip lol).

Just curious....
AVirk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 05:38 PM   #2
The_Reverend

I think 23-24 wil hold its value and the longer before the Bedard gold is hit and verified, there has been trolls, boxes of Series 2 will stay high. Once the boxes get to an even more ridiculous number than now, fewer boxes of hobby will be ripped. Unless the card surfaces before the end of this month, I think lots of cases will be in closets and offices unopened. Only time will tell, but I am surprised it has not been hit yet with how much has already been opened. Not saying they did this, but that case with the Gold Bedard would definitely be In The last wave if I was running the show.
The_Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 05:48 PM   #3
AVirk51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Reverend View Post
I think 23-24 wil hold its value and the longer before the Bedard gold is hit and verified, there has been trolls, boxes of Series 2 will stay high. Once the boxes get to an even more ridiculous number than now, fewer boxes of hobby will be ripped. Unless the card surfaces before the end of this month, I think lots of cases will be in closets and offices unopened. Only time will tell, but I am surprised it has not been hit yet with how much has already been opened. Not saying they did this, but that case with the Gold Bedard would definitely be In The last wave if I was running the show.
Well, I think some shops are getting the second wave later this week or early next week....will be interesting.

Even for Series 1, I don't think a lot of Gold Outbursts were pulled....so wondering if those prices stay afloat for a while, with the possibility of going up in the next few years when a few of those guys eventually turn into something.
AVirk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 05:54 PM   #4
ZappBrannigan

Quote:
Lol so cheat the customer base.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 06:38 PM   #5
NotGoSportsBall

The hobby is a grift
Old 03-12-2024, 10:19 PM   #6
The_Reverend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGoSportsBall View Post
The hobby is a grift
And other things are not? There is so much grift in the world it is not funny.
The_Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 10:22 PM   #7
NotGoSportsBall

Quote:
And other things are not? There is so much grift in the world it is not funny.
Truth
Old 03-13-2024, 09:00 AM   #8
Seahawks fan

It depends on how much they printed. I could see 23/24 staying above 22/23 because of the 1/1s but if they doubled the print run (you know they did with series 2).. then it will dip.

Every non serial #d insert from series 1 even the gold/red versions are all $1 or less so the 3 insert pack format doesn't really matter.