Blowout Cards Forums
Spring Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
CoryM

Default Ghost/Spirit thread

I recently saw something that I can't explain about 30 days ago,I didn't think much of it and didnt mention it to my roommate. Any ways I moved out and he tells me yesterday that he saw something, so I jumped up to listen to what e had to say and he told me his dog alerted him of something. I asked him what he had saw and he described to me exactly what I had saw.

I don't want to say what I saw so that when you guys respond I can compare my experience to yours. I know this post is asking to be trolled and I probably sound like a loony toon. I consider my self a rational person but I do keep an open mind and feel I'm some what connected with my spiritual side.

I can't say for certain it was a ghost or a spirit but what I experienced was a natural phenomenon.
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
Oilngo

It's cause your Canadian
Old 06-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
CoryM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilngo View Post
It's cause your Canadian
Yeah, your right! That explains it!

Ps that was a sad attempt at trolling. At least give me some fire!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryM View Post
Yeah, your right! That explains it!

Ps that was a sad attempt at trolling. At least give me some fire!
Canadians don't know the difference between your and you're either?!?

That's a terrifying natural phenomenon.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
carl2001

I do believe in the supernatural but I've never seen ghosts or anything like that.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
TheFrenzy

My wife and I lived in a split level townhome when we got married. One night around 4 am I woke up to the sound of someone trashing our downstairs. Furniture being moved, dishes broken, walls banged on, all sorts of racket. As I began to move towards the bedroom door, our cat began running in circles. I opened our door and immediately the noise stopped. I could hear breathing and so I knew they knew I knew they were there. (fun sentence to write) I shut the door and woke my wife up, telling her not to panic. We opened our bedroom window and when we heard the footsteps coming up the stairs, we hopped out the second story window (newly married, I didn't have a gun yet) onto a metal bay window that stuck out from the first floor. As soon as we did, a police spotlight hit us. They thought we were the ones robbing the house (in our pajamas). We told them the real burglar was inside and they got confused. They had actually been patrolling when they saw us obviously being suspicious and had investigated. So after convincing them that they had stumbled upon an in-progressive robbery, they asked if the back door was locked. It was, but at this point I knew I had armed backup, so I hopped back through the window and ran down to unlock the door.

As I ran through the house my stomach dropped. No doors were kicked in. No windows broken. Nothing moved or out of place. I let the officers in and they looked around. No signs of forced entry. Thankfully they didn't question us about drugs. (We were/are totally clean, but how would you explain going out your second story window at 4 am?) We slept the rest of the night downstairs on the couch.

THEN, two weeks later I was at school an hour away when my wife called me and asked if I was upstairs. I told her to get out of the house. When I got home she told me she had been sitting downstairs when someone began opening and slamming our drawers upstairs.

THEN, a few weeks later our landlord asked us if we had met our neighbor. We hadn't. Our landlord then told us that our neighbor was a hardcore Wiccan who had already been reprimanded by the staff for attempting to "curse" other residents.

We moved a month later (got a great deal, not because of ghosts). Six months later we were hanging out with our old landlord and we jokingly asked her if anything else spooky had happened in our apartment. She laughed and said no but then caught herself and got kind of serious. She told us that actually a widower had moved in after us and had said that the first week he was there he kept hearing his dead wife talking in the hallway, but everytime he got up to check, there was no one there.

Anyways, that's what I've got other than an incident involving ball lightning when i was a child.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #7
DannyShakes

I once woke up to myself standing inches away from the mirror talking to my passed away grandpa about fishing. My fiance didnt understand why I was talking to myself loudly in the bathroom at 4 in the morning about fishing. she came in and saw me inches away from the mirror and instantly woke me up. Our house was built in 1870. Towns first hotel, 4-plex, condo. Been alot of things. We have heard talking downstairs in our surveillance camera's. Our back door to our 6 foot private fenced in back yard was wide open last Thursday night.... and I make sure EVERY door in the house is shut and locked every night.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #8
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
My wife and I lived in a split level townhome when we got married...
Dude your story is terrifying!
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #9
bigdog2003

I was at a church camp one summer, and the place we stayed at inside the camp was home to a doctor before the land became a camp. His son died in the home, and people have reported hearing stuff before. It is a huge 3 story house that has about 12 bedrooms in it total before they turned it into a camp building. they closed off the 3 floor due to strange stuff happening up there, but kept the 1st and 2nd floors open. The stairs going to the 3rd floor were all boarded up and there was no way to get up there. The first night, we heard stuff but figured there were other people staying in the building. The next day we found out we were the only ones. The 3rd night, I was sitting on the stairs that went to the old 3rd floor, and felt like there was somebody watching me. It was creepy. The next day, me and 2 of my friends were sitting around playing cards when we started hearing what sounded like a basketball bouncing. We walked around the building, and realized the sound was coming from the 3rd floor. When we got up the the wall they had put up to the 3rd floor, it sounded like something was thrown at the wall. We ran back to where our rooms were, and just sat there trying to figure out what it was. We didn't get much sleep the rest of the week.

Sometimes I feel like somebody is in my car with me during my early morning commute. I can feel the presence of someone or something some mornings. I have an idea about what it could be. I think it could be my great grandma that passed away right before I graduated college. Last thing she told me was that she was proud of me for becoming a teacher and that she knew I would succeed no matter what. It could be her making sure everything is okay.
bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #10
CoryM

All very interesting stories!
Old 06-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #11
stripedbass91

OP---what did you see?

Crazy stories....

TheFrenzy---I would have moved out of there as soon as I possibly could lol
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #12
hairysasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Dude your story is terrifying!
Agreed - TheFrenzy's freaked me the F out!!
Old 06-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #13
huskerman47

Quote:
My wife and I lived in a split level townhome....
great..I read this and now I think I keep hearing things in my house lol
huskerman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #14
marino5084

When I was about 17-18 years old we lived in a house that was built in the late 1800's and was a 3 story estate turned into 3 separate units. My bedroom was in a separate hall away from everything on the second floor. The third floor was vacant.

For several months I would find dead flies (ala Amityville Horror) on my window sill. I would clean them and there would be more the next day. This happened every day. My room and the hallway always ran about 15 degrees colder than the rest of the house.

One night I had a friend that was spending the night and sleeping on the floor. I heard a noise coming from the window where the flies would appear. I looked at the window and saw a German Shepards face with bright red eyes and growling. I remind you that this room was on the second floor. I then heard footsteps upstairs and they started to descend the stairway. The door at the bottom of the stairs opened, then the door to my bedroom opened. There was no one there. I said holy #@#@#@#@ and at the same time my friend said something along the same lines, we had both woken at the same time. When we spoke, the door slammed shut. I got up to see what it was and there was nothing there.

Years later in speaking with my mom, she told me that she had always suspected that something was in the house at that end and upstairs.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #15
CoryM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
OP---what did you see?

Crazy stories....

TheFrenzy---I would have moved out of there as soon as I possibly could lol
I would describe it has a well formed cloud of dark coloured smoke about 7 feet long and maybe 4 feet high, it moved very slow. I saw it for 5 seconds until I got puzzled and it disappeard very suddely. Then about a month later my friend was awoken by his dog growling and described the exact same thing as I did. Keep in mind I didn't even tell him this story because at the time I didn't make much of it

Last edited by CoryM; 06-30-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #16
ssbledsoe

Quote:
My wife and I lived in a split level townhome when we got married. One night around 4 am I woke up to the sound of someone trashing our downstairs. Furniture being moved, dishes broken, walls banged on, all sorts of racket. As I began to move towards the bedroom door, our cat began running in circles. I opened our door and immediately the noise stopped. I could hear breathing and so I knew they knew I knew they were there. (fun sentence to write) I shut the door and woke my wife up, telling her not to panic. We opened our bedroom window and when we heard the footsteps coming up the stairs, we hopped out the second story window (newly married, I didn't have a gun yet) onto a metal bay window that stuck out from the first floor. As soon as we did, a police spotlight hit us. They thought we were the ones robbing the house (in our pajamas). We told them the real burglar was inside and they got confused. They had actually been patrolling when they saw us obviously being suspicious and had investigated. So after convincing them that they had stumbled upon an in-progressive robbery, they asked if the back door was locked. It was, but at this point I knew I had armed backup, so I hopped back through the window and ran down to unlock the door.

As I ran through the house my stomach dropped. No doors were kicked in. No windows broken. Nothing moved or out of place. I let the officers in and they looked around. No signs of forced entry. Thankfully they didn't question us about drugs. (We were/are totally clean, but how would you explain going out your second story window at 4 am?) We slept the rest of the night downstairs on the couch.

THEN, two weeks later I was at school an hour away when my wife called me and asked if I was upstairs. I told her to get out of the house. When I got home she told me she had been sitting downstairs when someone began opening and slamming our drawers upstairs.

THEN, a few weeks later our landlord asked us if we had met our neighbor. We hadn't. Our landlord then told us that our neighbor was a hardcore Wiccan who had already been reprimanded by the staff for attempting to "curse" other residents.

We moved a month later (got a great deal, not because of ghosts). Six months later we were hanging out with our old landlord and we jokingly asked her if anything else spooky had happened in our apartment. She laughed and said no but then caught herself and got kind of serious. She told us that actually a widower had moved in after us and had said that the first week he was there he kept hearing his dead wife talking in the hallway, but everytime he got up to check, there was no one there.

Anyways, that's what I've got other than an incident involving ball lightning when i was a child.
I'd flip my sh!t and GTFO!

I've personally never experienced anything beyond the general "creepiness" I'm sure most everyone has felt at one time or another. But, I'm fascinated by the topic...
Old 06-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #17
IronMonkey415
Banned

You think those are a trail of cloud/smoke that the Death Eaters left behind as they are flying around?
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #18
omahacolts

In 1989 we moved from where I was born to the city I still live in today. My parents rented a house for a few years until they had saved enough money to buy a house. For the first couple years I would occasionally hear my mom freak out and then hear her telling my dad she saw something moving around in the closet or how she was doing her makeup and would see another face in the mirror next to hers. But when I was in the 3rd or 4th grade it happened to me. I had some cousins from out of town visiting. We were playing with my dads tape recorder that night. We would record ourselves singing a chorus from a song or telling a story and then play it back and kind of dub it so the playback would sound funny.

My cousin says let's each say what scares us so we go around the circle recording what we say. There was 4 of us. When it was my turn I tell of this dream I frequently had about evil spirits and the devil coming up from this deep hole we had in our front yard. How they would try to catch me but before they could I would wake up screaming. I would have that dream a few times a week for probably about 6 months. Anyways, since I was the last one when I finished we rewinded the tape and hit play. Everyones story played back but when it came to mine the tape went silent. At first we thought we just forgot to hit record sO we did it again. Again we hit play and when it came to me the tape would go silent again. We called our parents into the room and told them what would happen. Of course they didn't believe us so we showed them. And again when it came to my tuen to speak the tape went silent. My dad made us put the tape recorder up, put a couple crosses in the room along with a Bible. Nothing else ever came of it though and we ended up moving to another house at the end of the school year
Old 06-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #19
SportCardBuffet

Quote:

I can't say for certain it was a ghost or a spirit but what I experienced was a natural phenomenon.
If it was natural then what are you asking?
Old 06-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #20
CoryM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
If it was natural then what are you asking?
Lol! That's what my friend said! Am I using that term out of context??
Old 06-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #21
LAKERS2013
Banned

pictures or it didn't happen
LAKERS2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #22
SportCardBuffet

Quote:
Lol! That's what my friend said! Am I using that term out of context??
I believe it would be either supernatural or paranormal. I've had some experiences myself, nothing I'm gonna share though, I'll just say that if it's a ghost be happy as it could be worse.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #23
AKHMERICA

To save on time, I'll tell only one story:

When I was 7-8 me and my cousins were playing hide and seek at our local religious building. I was "it" and had just started seeking. There were a ton of rooms in that building so I was just running around opening doors. One of the doors I opened was a room with a collection of cremated remains of people who passed on. As I opened the door I saw an old lady standing there with her back towards me. Quickly I apologized for intrusion. She turned around and smiled at me and said," It's fine. We don't get very many visitors up here." Now it wouldn't have been scary if she didn't dissipate into thin air... Suffice to say, I ran out screaming like a little school girl.
AKHMERICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #24
CoryM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
I believe it would be either supernatural or paranormal. I've had some experiences myself, nothing I'm gonna share though, I'll just say that if it's a ghost be happy as it could be worse.
I shouldn't say ghost or spirit because I obviously can't say for certain what it was but what I can tell you is there's definetly more then meets the eye.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #25
tolrobb

When I was little, my family lived in Wisconsin in this big old Victorian style home that is actually a historical landmark now (I saw a sign in front of it last time I was in town). Anyways, I used to sleep in a bedroom across from the dining room. I remember very vividly seeing a man pacing back and forth across where the dining room table was (as if the table wasn't there) at night on a regular basis. It looked like a black shadow wearing a cloak and I could not only see him pacing, but hear his footsteps creaking on the ground as he went. I get shivers now just thinking about it. I was only 4-5 years old, so I would just stare at him pacing until I fell asleep.

My dad ended up selling the home to my aunt and uncle. They had tons of experiences there. One time my female cousin who was 14 or 15 at the time, was home alone and in her room with the door closed. She heard some noise coming from the kitchen so she got up to see who was home but could not open her bedroom door from the inside. This door didn't have a locking mechanism on it. Believing that they were possibly being robbed, she called my uncle, but as soon as she got him on the phone, her door creaked open. She went into the kitchen to find all of the cabinets open and one of the kitchen chairs on the kitchen table.

There's much more, but I don't wanna share because I'm creeping myself out now.